Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Curious about height

Replies

• ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    5' Im fine with it except when I'm shopping for jeans.
  • Beewallows
    Beewallows Posts: 110 Member
    Why do so many of you women want to be shorter--help me understand that please?

Because usually the taller you are, the "bigger" you seem.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Why do so many of you women want to be shorter--help me understand that please?

I was once asked if I had been born a man because, I presume, I am tall and had on high heeled boots. People are all sorts if f-ed up.
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    5'6"... I feel like an amazon next to my 4'11" daughter and my 5' mom. Although if I were taller, say 5'9" my butt would look smaller, right? Right???
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    I'm 5'8" and people hate me

Lots of people tend to be dumb. Be glad that they sort themselves out of your way all by themselves :)
  • SojournerThirteen
    SojournerThirteen Posts: 28,204 Member
    What should be considered by people (just my 2 cents worth) are beauty of heart, mind, soul, and humor. Height shouldn't be a factor.

Is it certain people who are messed-up or is it society? I think the earlier and it is unfortunate that some people treat tall women badly--perhaps it's due to their "small" minds :\
  • SojournerThirteen
    SojournerThirteen Posts: 28,204 Member
    I'm 5'8" and people hate me

Don't give lame opinions any credit... Walk-on BLabel!
  • McBoffin
    McBoffin Posts: 76 Member
    6'5" and fine with it with three exceptions:

1. People looking up my nose
    2. Other people with umbrellas in crowds
    3. Low beams and light fittings.
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    I am 5"1' (and a half) and I love it most of the time - I hate that the visor on my car doesn't work at all, and being short is a pain at concerts! I prefer tall guys too!
  • jordipie55
    jordipie55 Posts: 25 Member
    edited January 2015
    mg922 wrote: »
    ifykcb0do1c2.jpg

omg that is perfection xDD i'm saving that as my wallpaper, this is gold
  • TuffGong21
    TuffGong21 Posts: 251 Member
    5'10...glad the question wasn't about width
  • EmGee922
    EmGee922 Posts: 95 Member
    jordipie55 wrote: »
    omg that is perfection xDD i'm saving that as my wallpaper, this is gold

Yeah, I was pretty amused when I saw that because I remember saying the same thing the first time I looked at a BMI chart! :)

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Just a bit under 5'8". I do wish I was taller; I am one of the shortest males in my entire extended family. :'(
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    I'm 5'9"... Unless I wear boots, then 5'11" (try finding a taller line dancing partner!), and if I'm wearing heels, then I'm over 6'. There are pros and cons... I have long legs, though they are curvy with muscle. I like long legs ;) Although it is hard to find a guy who is tall enough even when I wear my heels...
  • SwedishSarah
    SwedishSarah Posts: 4,350 Member
    I'm 4'11'' and sometimes wish I was a bit taller. I'm fairly happy with my height except when I have to ask people to reach items on higher shelves at the grocery store.
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    I'm 5'6". Sometimes I wish to be taller, or shorter, or SOMETHING other than average, but what can you do?
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    I'm 5'9ft and I love it. It was kind of annoying when I was single because I was usually taller than most guys but my boyfriend is 6'2ft so I'm happy! :)
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    JoeC0838 wrote: »
    6' .... I wish I was a little bit taller, wish I was a baller, wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her. Wish I had a rabbit with a bat and a hat... and a 6-4 impalla... (90's rap) lol

HAHA! Love it!
  • I'm 5' 10''. I wish I had a hoverboard because then it wouldn't matter how tall I was. Oh, that basketball goal is too high? Bam...hoverboard.