Spiralizer spiralizing recipe ideas inspiration

Options
mjnoliver
mjnoliver Posts: 11 Member
edited January 2015 in Recipes
I just bought a spiralizer and love the idea of it. Such a great way to get 5-a-day, and more water into my diet!

Bit bored of only making cucumber noodles though.

Anyone have any recipes, ideas, inspiration that the could share?

(Ideally looking for low calorie options! Or high fibre, or high protein ... Anything low fat but Healthy and filling). Oh and as an added bonus ... Anyone have any IVF or TTC recipes using a spiralizer?

If so, please share! Be great to get a collection of ideas on here, especially in light of the growing popularity of spiralizing ... And the lack on recipe inspiration out there. X

Replies

• RKB83
    RKB83 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use mine for spaghetti noodles but I use zucchini or yellow squash....you can put them in a pan with a tsp or so of oil (any flavor evoo or coconut oil) for 3-5 mins or until they are the consistency you like....any sauce can be added to them, they are wonderful...I've used them in place of rice in stir fry any as well!
  • LookingBusy
    LookingBusy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    http://www.inspiralized.com/

Tons of recipes on here!
  • mjnoliver
    Options
    I really like the inspiralise website. Thanks.

Any more recipes out there that people have discovered?
  • fxstc9
    fxstc9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Any tubular veggies makes a good spagetti or strut fry with meat
  • kygirlalways850
    kygirlalways850 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Www.skinnytaste.com has some spiralized vege recipes.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about getting one. Can it cut broccoli stems? After taking the florets off, I always save the stems in the freezer for soups and such and wondered if I could have another option.
  • mjnoliver
    Options
    I really like the inspiralise website. Thanks.
    I found this part useful ...

http://www.inspiralized.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/SpiralizedGuideFinal.jpg

Any more recipes out there that people have discovered?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have not had my device for very long so I've only made two things.
    lmld.org/2013/08/21/oven-baked-curly-fries-arbys-copycat/
    inspiralized.com/2014/04/02/zucchini-noodles-with-chicken-feta-and-spinach/

I've found some recipes on pinterest that I may try. I believe I searched using the terms spiral cut vegetables, spiralizer or zoodles.
  • JennieT7161
    JennieT7161 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've made zucchini noodles for spaghetti and last night's dinner. I don't have access to it at the moment but it was from Pinterest and it was Cilantro Lime Chicken - very good! It had a small amount of jalapeno peppers, lime juice, cumin, and cilantro mixed with cooked chicken and zucchini noodles.
  • lak200
    lak200 Posts: 26
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE my spiralizer and have made a lot of stirfry and 'rice' dishes with it. i've eaten more veggies since buying it than i've eating my entire life! lol
    Ali on inspiralized.com has some great ideas that i build upon. i use her base and make it my own by adding different veggies.
    my favorite lately is making 'rice' out of turnips, carrots or sweet potatoes. it's a matter of spiralizing them and then putting the 'noodles' in a food processor and pulsing it a few times until you get 'rice' - i mix it with lots of different veggies - pork or chicken for fried rice. this weekend i used turnips & carrots (spiralized then made into rice), purple cauliflower, onions, mushrooms and sauteed them w/a can of rotel and then stuffed bell pepper halves and baked them with a lil cheese on top. you can add meat to that mixture - but i left it just veggies.
    something easy - spiralize a few carrots and make rice - brown some ground meat and onions (you can add mushrooms too if you'd like) and then toss in the carrots - quick and easy meal.
    you can usually find spiralized cooked veggies in our icebox at all times - great to use in quesadillias, omelets, toss on top of a fresh salad, with soups, etc. - options become endless.
    sorry this was long - but i do love my spiralizer and have had many friends buy one because of my facebook postings (i have an album dedicated to it! lol)
    have a great day!
    lori
  • mjnoliver wrote: »
    I just bought a spiralizer and love the idea of it. Such a great way to get 5-a-day, and more water into my diet!

Bit bored of only making cucumber noodles though.

Anyone have any recipes, ideas, inspiration that the could share?

(Ideally looking for low calorie options! Or high fibre, or high protein ... Anything low fat but Healthy and filling). Oh and as an added bonus ... Anyone have any IVF or TTC recipes using a spiralizer?

If so, please share! Be great to get a collection of ideas on here, especially in light of the growing popularity of spiralizing ... And the lack on recipe inspiration out there. X

• Zucchini, carrots, potatoes!!
  • mjnoliver
    Options
    Loving all the ideas and feedback! Made Zucchini noodles yesterday - looking forward to having them for lunch! Butternut squash didnt work as well though - maybe I used the wrong size blade?
  • lak200
    lak200 Posts: 26
    Options
    mjnoliver wrote: »
    Loving all the ideas and feedback! Made Zucchini noodles yesterday - looking forward to having them for lunch! Butternut squash didnt work as well though - maybe I used the wrong size blade?

i tend to stick to the blade that makes the smaller sized noodles. i've only used a butternut squash once i the spiralizer and honestly can't remember which one i used - but thinking it would have been the smaller one.

i love that once something is spiralized it doesn't take long to cook - just a few minutes in the oven or a pan with a small bit of oil. beets were done in 5-7 minutes in the oven - the only problem was they shrunk like crazy!! i thought i had a lot until i pulled them out!! lol
  • krittle_94
    Options
    I make zuchini noodles and have used them for spegetti and beef stroganoff. I imagine any sauce like dish they would work with
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    What brand/type do you suggest? Sorry if I missed something above... I've wanted one for quite awhile but am lost in which one works best. Thanks for the recipe sites :)
  • beachlover83
    beachlover83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I made the Kung Pao Chicken Zoodles from skinnytaste's website this week and it was awesome!!
  • mananda61986
    mananda61986 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've used sweet potatos and zucchini to make alfrado and spaghetti. Also u can make sweet pitato fries and bake them...I haven't perfected that yet lol
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I also make pho with the zucchini noodles... just toss in at the end in place of the rice noodles; less carbs and + veggies!
  • TrinNZ
    TrinNZ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I recently got into making sughetti (zucchini spaghetti) and i LOVE it! I just use a mandolin and it works out great. I don't cook my noodles, just add a cooked sauce, or even raw is awesome. I made a sauce last night using 2 small acorn squash (baked in the oven) 1 clove of garlic, half a cup of low fat gourmet cottage cheese, parsley, fresh basil, chilli powder and a little salt. Blended up in my magic bullet. Added some chopped red pepper and poured the sauce over my sughetti (made from 2 medium zucchini). Sooo good! Tasty, healthy and filling.

You can make a super tasty marinara sauce using a handful of cherry tomatoes, some sundried tomatoes (not in oil), a garlic clove, herbs and spices and a few dates. Pulse in the food processor. It's AMAZING! Add some chopped kale, red pepper and top with sprouts...yum!