down zero lbs zero inches!

Options

Replies

• Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    1340 would give you a deficit, if your TDEE is 2800. However, your TDEE may not be 2800 and you may be eating more than 1340. Even with a food scale, there are ways to get an inaccurate calorie count, such as recording an incorrect calories per ounce number, or removing some low calorie portion of the food before weighing it, etc.

Nobody is saying 1340 calories is to much, we are saying that you are eating more calories then you are burning. TDEE calculator are an estimate and you need to first use and apply it correctly, then log accurately. Then constantly fine tune it.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    wladysiak wrote: »
    Yes I wear my hrm all the time.... I'm going to stick with the 1340 with my workouts. I just did my Tdee online and came up with 2200 .

Why do you wear your HRM all the time?
  • wladysiak
    wladysiak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Active... I work as a medical assistant and work out 1 HR a day
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Yes I wear my hrm all the time.... I'm going to stick with the 1340 with my workouts. I just did my Tdee online and came up with 2200 .

HRMs are not meant to give you your overall TDEE - they are to monitor your heart rate, they can give pretty close estimates on steady state cardio for calorie burns, anything else it's not accurate.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »

Sorry, that's sedentary or at best light. One hour a day working out doesn't compensate for 23 hours sleeping, sitting behind a desk or light walking, and the rest of the time on the couch at home.

Yeah I'd use lightly active for that. My opinion, of course.

I'm sticking with this though: you're eating more than you think. You have something like 38 chips logged, a medium apple, 1/2 cup of refried beans - if you a have a food scale, use it. Because right now, you're not.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Sorry, that's sedentary or at best light. One hour a day working out doesn't compensate for 23 hours sleeping, sitting behind a desk or light walking, and the rest of the time on the couch at home.

yep! I'd definitely reset your activity level to sedentary

• wladysiak
    Options
    It's a wrist band. Tracks my HR and steps. Shows when I am active and when I am not. I'm just asking for advice and guidance to go forward. I'm not looking to be attacked because I calculated wrong. I love fitness and being healthy. I have been this way for yrs. Just putting on unwanted inches and confused. Maybe I am eating way too much. I thought I was tracking correctly. Maybe counting calories is harder than I thought
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Nobody is attacking you, people are trying to help

The customary response to advice and help is "thank you"
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    It's highly unlikely that your TDEE is 2800. The efficiency of the human body is surprising. Looking through your exercise diary I see things like logging 350 Calories for a 30 minute walk @ a 15 minute mile pace. Unless you weigh 400lb that is pure fiction. That's about what I'd burn about running 30 minutes at an 8 minute mile pace.

HRMs are lousy at estimating calorie burn, even when properly calibrated. They give good figures for steady state cardio, but that's about it.

Dial back your estimated daily burn, dial back your food intake accordingly, and the pounds will start dropping.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    You came here because what you're currently doing isn't working. Listen to the advice of these good people and you'll be losing weight in no time xx
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    I looked more closely at your exercise diary, and I'd say your burns are roughly double what I'd expect to see for the exercise time logged. That is definitely where your issue is stemming from.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    You don't need to worry about your TDEE if you follow the MFP method as I described above

But only if you want to

..good luck
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    It's a wrist band. Tracks my HR and steps. Shows when I am active and when I am not. I'm just asking for advice and guidance to go forward. I'm not looking to be attacked because I calculated wrong. I love fitness and being healthy. I have been this way for yrs. Just putting on unwanted inches and confused. Maybe I am eating way too much. I thought I was tracking correctly. Maybe counting calories is harder than I thought

You asked for advice, you are being given exactly what you asked for. Just because it might be hard to hear that we aren't doing something correctly, does not mean anyone is attacking you for helping you correct this error.

Counting calories isn't difficult, but just like anything it takes some learning to find how to be as accurate as possible.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

You're not being attacked. You posted here presumably because you wanted to figure out what you are doing wrong, and we told you. It's up to you what you now do with that information.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

I work out on average 30 minutes a day, I'm a student, my activity level is moderate on calculators (this is what matches up with my self-calculated TDEE based on logging weight and food intake over time). So it's more than just the exercise, if being a medical assistant means being on her feet all day and lifting things then she could be classified as active. Her intake goal is still too low and she is still not logging properly, so likely eating more than she realizes. Doesn't mean that her TDEE isn't around 2200 just because she only exercises 1hr a day.
  • wladysiak
    Options
    OK I set my activity to sedentary... Lets see what happens! Thanks everyone for the help!
  • alexandrazzzz
    alexandrazzzz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey girl, good job on exercise and seeking accountability, you go girl. I personally see too much processed food. The cereal, the flat breads...Have you read Wheat Belly? I am seeing a nutritionist and she had me cut out dairy and gluten...including wheat. Try consulting with a nutritionist. But calories aren't everything, quality of food is!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Alexandra wrote: »
    Hey girl, good job on exercise and seeking accountability, you go girl. I personally see too much processed food. The cereal, the flat breads...Have you read Wheat Belly? I am seeing a nutritionist and she had me cut out dairy and gluten...including wheat. Try consulting with a nutritionist. But calories aren't everything, quality of food is!

No! Calories are everything for weight loss.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    OK I set my activity to sedentary... Lets see what happens! Thanks everyone for the help!

I can't wait to see your results.
    Good luck! :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

Read those links I posted. Get a digital food scale, work on more accurate logging. It does work but like I said earlier there is a learning curve.