10 pounds lighter and tighter by April - Support thread!

Options

Replies

• WWnot
    WWnot Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thank you faelight for this! Like you, I want to be stronger, leaner and healthier. Count me in and I'm so glad that i've found this challenge! Such a positive group. :smiley:
    Had been participating in the lose 10lbs by Christmas challenge and managed to get to 7lbs down. I'm ok with slow and steady as long as the number trends in the right direction!
    Just back to NA a couple of days ago from 3 weeks in Asia and trying (not too successfully so far) to resist the urge to eat anything and everything and do nothing but sleep during the day! Gotta get my routine back...
    My first 2015 success? Did go out into the -14C temps this morning for a short run as I force myself back into a regular Sunday morning run. Mighty cold with the windchill! Now must go face the grocery stores to stock up on the good stuff...meaning fruits and veggies and vegetarian protein. I'll leave the dark chocolate at the store!
    CW: 159.9
    GW (for now): 150
    5'4, 54
    Additional 2015 goals: learn how to lift weights; increase flexibility (yoga? pilates? tai chi? suggestions?)
    Have a great day, everyone!
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    WWnot: welcome.
    Try Stronglift 5x5 to start for weight lifting. I loved it when I started 2yrs ago and still love it.
    Let me know if have any lifting questions.
    Amanda
  • sbinsd
    sbinsd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am late getting to the game but want to lose a few less so will work.

Currernt: 138
    Goal: 130

Trying to do cardio/light weights 5 times a week and stick to 1400 cal a day-- I stay up late working every night (I have 2 kids and am a teacher so work after they go to bed), so sticking to the calories has been impossible for me because of the amount of hours I am awake a day. If I can stick to the calories I know I can lose a pound a week. That is my struggle.

Thanks y'all and the best in your weight loss!
  • WWnot
    WWnot Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda - thanks for the tip! I was puttering around the Stronglift 5x5 site a few minutes ago and noticed that he speaks more to the guys. I'm glad to know that you like it and that it works for you and so glad that you've offered to answer questions...very much appreciate that. I'll dig deeper into the site, download the app and see about getting started. Looks like i'll be learning a whole new vocabulary too.
    - Betty
  • hither2012
    hither2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Been trying to loose the same 10 pounds for ten years. Loose it then gain it back. This time I'm going to do it. Food isn't the problem as much as the exercise. I'm working on it.

SW 151
    CW 147
    GW 135
  • scomeg88
    scomeg88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im in!!!! Please add me...need some more friends
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I need something to keep me focused!

SW 244
    CW 148
    GW 144

I have been doing more strength training although I still do daily cardio and this month doing a challenge to walk 200 miles despite to cold. The weight issues is not so important to me but I would love to tone up some.
  • huango
    Options
    Last cut day for this week. Looking forward to no cut-week. I really like this cut cycling - I don't feel deprived. Just have to wait a bit and I get to log in some treats.
  • JeVeuxChatons
    JeVeuxChatons Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too if it's not too late! Had a kidney transplant about a year and a half ago and due to complications was put on the dreaded prednisone in an attempt to keep it functional and now have iatrogenic cushings syndrome. So this whole weight loss thing is going to be an uphill battle, but still going to give it a shot! how are we going to support each other? is it through adding, or a group, or just on this thread?

CW 173
    GW 140
  • sherrilynn18
    Options
    Add me in! If anyone needs friends I am here!
  • faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too if it's not too late! Had a kidney transplant about a year and a half ago and due to complications was put on the dreaded prednisone in an attempt to keep it functional and now have iatrogenic cushings syndrome. So this whole weight loss thing is going to be an uphill battle, but still going to give it a shot! how are we going to support each other? is it through adding, or a group, or just on this thread?

CW 173
    GW 140

Yes, you are in!! Wishing you, and everyone, the absolute best through all your unique goals and challenges!

We support each other by: Sharing our successes, goals, and challenges, adding each other as friends, "liking" each other's updates and statuses (on the friend's feed), and remembering our group motto - "Game On!!", courtesy of MsTracy and peeps here who suggested :)

My successes today: getting to the gym again to do some cardio for 30 minutes, and staying within my calorie goals! I also had a lil bit of chocolate again today without going overboard!
  • sbeatwell
    Options
    I am 5ft 7 and am 127lbs. I want to loose 14 pounds. I would like to loose this weight as quick as possible and also keep it off! I would like to loose it before I go on holiday at the latest which will be around the end of March! But I am also going on a mini holiday on the 17th of feb and would like to have lost 6lbs by then which is 3 weeks away = 2lbs per week. Then after id need to loose around 2-3lbs a week after that. Really need motivation as I keep trying to do this over the years and never get down to my goal weight. I really want it this time and to keep it off to and to get a nice bigger toned bum, toned stomach and thin arms is a must as I hate them!

Please help!!!
  • huango
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm not trying to be this thread's police or anything, but I believe that you are already at a good weight for someone your height.
    Perhaps you want to tone it up, instead of wanting to lose 14pounds, to be 113#.
    Also, being lean, it's not healthy to lose 2# a week.

Height Small Frame Medium Frame Large Frame
    5'7" 123-136 133-147 143-163

"never get down to my goal weight": perhaps your goals aren't realistic.

"get a nice bigger toned bum, toned stomach and thin arms": you should work out. I suggest lifting weights.

Read about Staci:
    nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

sbeatwell wrote: »
    I am 5ft 7 and am 127lbs. I want to loose 14 pounds. I would like to loose this weight as quick as possible and also keep it off! I would like to loose it before I go on holiday at the latest which will be around the end of March! But I am also going on a mini holiday on the 17th of feb and would like to have lost 6lbs by then which is 3 weeks away = 2lbs per week. Then after id need to loose around 2-3lbs a week after that. Really need motivation as I keep trying to do this over the years and never get down to my goal weight. I really want it this time and to keep it off to and to get a nice bigger toned bum, toned stomach and thin arms is a must as I hate them!

Please help!!!

• sassaparker2015
    sassaparker2015 Posts: 10
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I totally agree with Huango
  • sellerskennington
    sellerskennington Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you choose wisely with your food, planning/prepping the day before, and input into MFP, you'll find you can still eat many times during your long work days. You can totally do this!

sbinsd wrote: »
    I am late getting to the game but want to lose a few less so will work.

Currernt: 138
    Goal: 130

Trying to do cardio/light weights 5 times a week and stick to 1400 cal a day-- I stay up late working every night (I have 2 kids and am a teacher so work after they go to bed), so sticking to the calories has been impossible for me because of the amount of hours I am awake a day. If I can stick to the calories I know I can lose a pound a week. That is my struggle.

Thanks y'all and the best in your weight loss!

• lisame84
    Options
    Yesterday was terrible. I spent the day at home not doing much and was very unsuccessfully fighting compulsive eating and ended a late night with a bit of a binge. I felt like I was on a downward racing rollercoaster. BUT... Today was amazing! I started the day with a circuit workout and then went on a hike. I had a reasonable breakfast, lunch, and dinner and am still below my calories. Days like today make me feel like I can have more days like today. This goes to show that you can always turn things around. Baby steps.
  • healthygirl101mfp
    Options
    meee! 5'9 female
    Cw: 160
    GW: 136

Anyone message me so we can motivate eachother and report back weekly on progress
    I'd message you all but my app has been glitching and it won't allow me :/
  • jftran08
    Options
    Let's do this!

Current weight: 146.4
    First goal: 135 by 3/28/15.
    Second Goal: 125-130 by 5/1/15.

Motivation is to a new wardrobe when I hit by final weight.

I have had a lot of trouble keeping a habit of living a healthy lifestyle. I started my journey with the weight of about 160. I have been sticking to my new lifestyle for the last 3 months. I work out with a four day split, for about 1.5 hours each time. My caloric intake is around the 1200 mark.

We can keep each other motivated. Joining this thread and reading your stories is truly inspirational.

I AM IN!
  • jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello! So
    Looking forward to losing a little hibernation weight from this winter! I love a challenge and this one is so great!

29 yrs old
    5'5"
    Highest weight: 164 lbs
    Current weight: 140 lbs
    Goal weight: 130 lbs

Currently I am just starting my second wk of the strong curves weight training program and learning to love lifting heavy! Looking forward to connecting- add me on MFP and then on FitBit if you use that too!

-Jamie
  • jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    lisame84 wrote: »
    Yesterday was terrible. I spent the day at home not doing much and was very unsuccessfully fighting compulsive eating and ended a late night with a bit of a binge. I felt like I was on a downward racing rollercoaster. BUT... Today was amazing! I started the day with a circuit workout and then went on a hike. I had a reasonable breakfast, lunch, and dinner and am still below my calories. Days like today make me feel like I can have more days like today. This goes to show that you can always turn things around. Baby steps.

This is awesome! I totally get down on myself if I get off track one day and I forget that it's just a matter of accepting that we are human and we can choose to make tomorrow better! Way to go!

One thing I always try to keep in mind is that weight loss is not linear! I use the app Happy Scale to keep track of my weight on the scale- it's very helpful in creating a bigger picture of your weight loss and can be positive reinforcement to trust the process!