Mcdonalds????????????

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84503534&feature=player_detailpage&v=x6RBtx4JU3c&x-yt-ts=1421914688

This is why we love their fries (as well as 18 other ingredients)... I always thought they tasted sweet... so there is sugar in the fries.. another reason they're addicting. Salt/sugar = yum :# OK, truth be told, when I eat healthy for quite along time everything eaten out tastes way to sweet or salty for me. Guess it means my taste buds are back to normal. Pizza is like grease on the roof of my mouth etc. It may not effect everyone like that but it's probably why I end up making my own versions. :)
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    I really like McDonald's, but when I go there I do not go for a salad or a yogurt. If I want "healthy McDonald's", I'll sacrifice the bun, get sauces on the side, and/or order a small.

I also think their new "Unapologetic Big Mac" commercial is hilarious. (As an aside, I wonder what the response would be if McDonald's blended up some Kale in a McFlurry and put it on their healthy menu.) I definitely like the tack McDonald's has taken to poke fun at their critics rather than constantly defending themselves.

Interesting concept, just you-tubed it as I don't watch TV.. sorta funny :)
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    personally, I will just make my own or go to this one spot in town that has great burgers…but in a pinch I don't mind mcdonalds that much ..and their breakfast options are pretty good….i personally love the bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit...

Me too! On the way to the Jersey Shore in the early morn, we used to stop for the bacon, egg and cheese biscuit and coffee and be on our merry way. It held us all the way to dinner!
    We haven't done that in a while. I think we'll do it again this summer on our way to our favorite beach. I miss it!
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Seeing this just made me realize that I haven't had McDonald's since the beginning of May!..May! Of course, it will probably be the first thing I crave when I get back to the U.S.
    We have it here but it just doesn't feel the same.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    personally, I will just make my own or go to this one spot in town that has great burgers…but in a pinch I don't mind mcdonalds that much ..and their breakfast options are pretty good….i personally love the bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit...

Me too! On the way to the Jersey Shore in the early morn, we used to stop for the bacon, egg and cheese biscuit and coffee and be on our merry way. It held us all the way to dinner!
    We haven't done that in a while. I think we'll do it again this summer on our way to our favorite beach. I miss it!

Oh if you are coming down this way you gotta have pork roll, egg & cheese on a hard roll, and which beach?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I remember when McDonalds first came to my town when I was growing up. My parents never took us there. Today, I can still count the number of times I've ever been to a McDonalds. I've had their ice cream cone, their french fries and a dollar coffee. And, they don't have decaf coffee for a buck. Plus, if you ask them to leave off the special sauce fromt their hamburger, the clerk gets an attitude and warns you how long it will take to make it special.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

Oh if you are coming down this way you gotta have pork roll, egg & cheese on a hard roll, and which beach?

For day trips we go to Sandy Hook.
    For weeklong we opt for Cape May and Cape May Point.
    I will definitely try the pork roll, egg and cheese on a hard roll!
    We used to go to Lemon Tree in Cape May and their biscuit, egg, bacon cheese sandwiches were amazing! Unfortunately, they sold it:-( We still always go to McGlades though-fabulous omelettes! Love our shore!!!!
  • billyfleet1988
    Options
    I get their Signature McWrap (w/ grilled chicken) whenever I'm having a real hectic day and I need something quick. I can think of a million things I'd rather eat but sadly the lack of quick healthy options where I live makes McDonalds (...of allllll places) the best thing for me to eat.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I love a double sausage and egg mcmuffin (UK). 565 calories of deliciousness. I'm just glad there isn't one particularly nearby unless I park up and go into town, and that they stop serving breakfast at 10.30am so I only have one very occasionally.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    had an egg white delight (no meat, Im a vegetarian). Super yummy.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    We used to go to Lemon Tree in Cape May and their biscuit, egg, bacon cheese sandwiches were amazing! Unfortunately, they sold it:-( We still always go to McGlades though-fabulous omelettes! Love our shore!!!!

I think this is the first summer I did not made it down there.

If you like breakfast, you have to stop at Uncle Bill's in Wildwood.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »

I think this is the first summer I did not made it down there.

If you like breakfast, you have to stop at Uncle Bill's in Wildwood.

In Point pleasant there's a great place called I'm a local, also if you go out on the island there's all kinds of delicious places. But I don't suggest coming down here this weekend :)
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    In Point pleasant there's a great place called I'm a local, also if you go out on the island there's all kinds of delicious places. But I don't suggest coming down here this weekend :)

Don't think I've ever been there. Usually when I eat at the Point it's Martell's or the Shrimp Box.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Nothing at fast food places is healthy so just because there's an egg white mcmuffin, that does not mean its good. If it's part of your cheat meal, sure, go ahead but real and good food doesn't pop out in under a min. If your low in time in the morning, why don't you start meal prepping?

You've never seen a hen lay an egg, have you?

The only thing that keeps McD's out of my meal choice is the sodium, which is what keeps me from most fast food places. I miss the McNuggets, McMuffins, fries, hot apple pies, oh hells, way too much, lol.

• apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    paulaviki wrote: »
    I love a double sausage and egg mcmuffin (UK). 565 calories of deliciousness. I'm just glad there isn't one particularly nearby unless I park up and go into town, and that they stop serving breakfast at 10.30am so I only have one very occasionally.

Yup, Sausage and Egg McMuffin for me or nothing! It's the only thing I really like at McDonalds. No egg whites for me, I need the yolk!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »

Don't think I've ever been there. Usually when I eat at the Point it's Martell's or the Shrimp Box.

Oh yea well the tiki bar is for drinks later. But definitely check it out for breakfast
  • ThinByThanksgiving
    ThinByThanksgiving Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Nothing at fast food places is healthy so just because there's an egg white mcmuffin, that does not mean its good. If it's part of your cheat meal, sure, go ahead but real and good food doesn't pop out in under a min. If your low in time in the morning, why don't you start meal prepping?

If I meal prep an english muffin with canadian bacon, cheese, and an egg white is that healthier than McDonald's version? And if so, why?

I believe that they use butter to toast the muffin. I use the Hamilton Beach breakfast sandwich maker and no butter. Taste just like McD's. Either way, I think it's a great, quick breakfast for 300 calories and lots of protein.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Big Macs, Fish and Grilled chicken sandwich are my favorites......ohhhhh you can't forget the fries!!!! ;)
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I went to McDonald's the first day (in Canada) when they released the McPizza. Went through the drive through, i was the first one to order and it did not fit through the drive through window. Missed the planning on that :p
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Im a Wendy's lover but mcdonalds filet fish is so yummy to me. I have pass mcdonalds every time I go to and from my gym but I stock my fridge with wonderful food now so I take a second and ask myself which would be more satisfying? 9 times out of 10 home cooked wins.

Have you tried the fish sandwich at Wendys. Where I live, they only offer it near Easter and Lent. I like McDonalds fish sandwich, but Wendy's is awesome!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Gawd, I really want a burger now.

I like McD's. I don't LOVE it. But I like it. I like their yogurt parfait. Usually pair that with a McDouble.

I'm more of a Wendy's girl though. I could eat their french fries for days.... DAYS!!!!!!! hehe :) They're spicy chicken sandwich is good too. :D

I like the spicy chicken sandwich at Wendy's too. We don't eat fast food very often but Wendy's is usually my pick when we do.

Wendy's Asiago ranch chicken sandwich is so good. But it is fairly high in calories.