Mcdonalds????????????

Options
1235»

Replies

• SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I don't go to McDonalds to be healthy. I go there because I want a Big Mac with large fries....I just don't go very often, and if I do it is usually on long run day.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Nothing at fast food places is healthy so just because there's an egg white mcmuffin, that does not mean its good. If it's part of your cheat meal, sure, go ahead but real and good food doesn't pop out in under a min. If your low in time in the morning, why don't you start meal prepping?

I used to work at McDonalds. There are enough legitimate complaints about them that we shouldn't have to resort to making things up; the food there is pretty straight forward, especially breakfast.

I would personally crack eggs onto a grill, put them onto bread that I'd toasted, and top with ham that I grilled myself. There's really not much processed about the breakfast foods, or the burgers or fries for that matter. The chicken products are highly processed and everything is salty, but it's not exactly franken-food from a lab.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I didn't even like McDonald's when I was a kid. Every Friday, we either did some kind of fast food or pizza. I'd dread the weeks that Mickey D's would come into rotation. I always thought they were the worst of the bunch.

I'm a vegetarian with celiac disease. It must be... oh, at least 30 years or so since I've set foot in one.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    For day trips we go to Sandy Hook.
    For weeklong we opt for Cape May and Cape May Point.
    I will definitely try the pork roll, egg and cheese on a hard roll!
    We used to go to Lemon Tree in Cape May and their biscuit, egg, bacon cheese sandwiches were amazing! Unfortunately, they sold it:-( We still always go to McGlades though-fabulous omelettes! Love our shore!!!!

I think this is the first summer I did not made it down there.

If you like breakfast, you have to stop at Uncle Bill's in Wildwood.
    Yes, we've been there when our kids were small and we vacationed in Wildwood Crest instead of Cape May.
    We also love Rita's on Pittsburgh for their breakfast heroes and cheesesteak sandwiches.
    Hopefully you'll get to the shore this summer!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,526 Member
    Options
    Aemely wrote: »
    If I want a burger, it's Five Guys or one of the local places for me. Even then, it's a rare event.

Oh yes, Five Guys is the bomb. If you actually like McDonald's and find it "worth the calories," then you can fit those calories into your eating regimen. :flowerforyou:

Not to go off topic too much, but we have two places in my part of NJ, 25 Burgers and Cheeburger Cheeburger that kick Five Guys' ***.

Not that I think they're any healthier than McD's of course, but the quality is far far better. ;)

We had a Cheeburger Cheeburger here. Best, thing, ever!
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    The granddaughter of a friend of mine works at McDonald's, and she, and half of the people she works with, won't eat there. As for me, on the rare occasion that do I eat there, I do the double quarter pounder. There are three local places that serve up much better stuff for a couple of dollars more. Well worth the difference.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    The granddaughter of a friend of mine works at McDonald's, and she, and half of the people she works with, won't eat there. As for me, on the rare occasion that do I eat there, I do the double quarter pounder. There are three local places that serve up much better stuff for a couple of dollars more. Well worth the difference.

Sounds pretty normal. Most people I knew that worked in a limited menu restaurant, fast food or otherwise, stopped eating their because they could eat for free and would get sick of it. I used to work at a Coca-Cola bottling plant and we had all the free Coke products we could drink. I prefer Pepsi brands now.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    McDonalds is only for long roadtrips with at least three people in the car
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I tried one and it was okay, but I thought it was way overpriced. What I love at McDonalds is their fruit and maple oatmeal. 290 calories and it's tasty and filling. It's also available at all hours, not just breakfast time. And their yogurt and fruit parfait is a nice low calorie treat.
  • BobbiTracey
    Options
    I work at a McDonalds and I believe in some ways they are trying to make the switch to healthier alternatives. If I'm working a long day and am forced to eat at work I'll grab a crispy chicken wrap instead of a burger, which I think fills you up more and is really tasty! I definitely try not to eat there, being around the food all day definitely puts you off, but if I'm forced to, there's some really good options there.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Im a Wendy's lover but mcdonalds filet fish is so yummy to me. I have pass mcdonalds every time I go to and from my gym but I stock my fridge with wonderful food now so I take a second and ask myself which would be more satisfying? 9 times out of 10 home cooked wins.

This! I used to love me some fast food breakfasts, but I discovered I can make better ones at home with just a few tweaks: turkey sausage patties, egg whites, extra thin cheese, and high fiber english muffins. Now, it's easier to keep driving by instead of driving through!
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

Sounds pretty normal. Most people I knew that worked in a limited menu restaurant, fast food or otherwise, stopped eating their because they could eat for free and would get sick of it. I used to work at a Coca-Cola bottling plant and we had all the free Coke products we could drink. I prefer Pepsi brands now.

I worked a lot of food places before I finished school TGIFridays was the only place I took my lunch. But even when I worked at a place I had formerly loved the food... you get sick of any of it.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

I worked a lot of food places before I finished school TGIFridays was the only place I took my lunch. But even when I worked at a place I had formerly loved the food... you get sick of any of it.

Guess it's true that familiarity breeds contempt.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I love McD's. But my meal planner has forbidden it lol. I'LL be back tho!
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

Guess it's true that familiarity breeds contempt.

I ate so much crab and lobster that I would much rather have a fricking burger. But yes, that explains much of marriage as well.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Aemely wrote: »
    If I want a burger, it's Five Guys or one of the local places for me. Even then, it's a rare event.

Oh yes, Five Guys is the bomb. If you actually like McDonald's and find it "worth the calories," then you can fit those calories into your eating regimen. :flowerforyou:

Not to go off topic too much, but we have two places in my part of NJ, 25 Burgers and Cheeburger Cheeburger that kick Five Guys' ***.

Not that I think they're any healthier than McD's of course, but the quality is far far better. ;)

We had a Cheeburger Cheeburger here. Best, thing, ever!

Their fries are nasty IMO. My all time favorite is still Nifty Fifties.