Foods that sound great but disappoint?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake. I've given it many tries and I just don't get the appeal. I love almost everything classified as a dessert, but I just can't take more than a bite. It grosses me out majorly.

Also, anything that is supposed to resemble a pretzel- like pretzel rolls, bagels, etc. I always expect awesomeness but they are way too salty! I understand saltiness is part of the appeal of a pretzel but you don't need to dump the salt shaker on it.

PB2 was also a disappointment to me. It's so low-cal, but I'd rather have real peanut butter.
  • 3Alice3
    3Alice3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I second pretzels! I am from the UK and round here they aren't common so when I went to America I was really excited to try one! Blergh it was so salty and chewy and awful, and normally things like that. Dunkin Donut's did not disappoint however...
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal (as so many others have said). Maybe it's because I'm from the South? Tried so many variations - it's just not good...UNLESS, they are in Peanut Butter Delights. :smile:

Liquid coffee creamer is another one. Yeah, it tastes good, but it's not worth the calories. Try powder instead. More bang for your buck *and calories*.

Any store bought dessert. If it's not homemade, I don't indulge. It's usually gross and the person that picked it up was running late and just grabbed something. Their bad decision doesn't have to be yours!
  • Marianna93637
    Marianna93637 Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Quinoa. I don't get the big hype about it. Having said that I bought a box a week ago, and I made it 3 times. Twice sweet, and it was great, but I really don't like it in any other way. On top of it it's very high in calories in my opinion.
    Or maybe I just haven't found a great recipe.

Dragonfruit is the weirdest thing. It looks so strange and exotic and it tastes like nothing. Like water jelly if there was ever a thing.
  • thread_baron
    thread_baron Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is delightful if you grind the oats up in the blender first. American/Euro oatmeal is so terrible because it is lumpy and gluey. Ground up it is more like cream of wheat. Cook the oats in milk instead of water, add a bit of sugar and whatever, and then you have something different than what we think of as oatmeal.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    mojo705 wrote: »
    avacado ... :'( they made me wretch and i dont even have a gag reflex :s

You people with the avocado hatred have obviously never had a burger with bacon and avocado. OMG so good.

This is my favorite kind of burger right now.

• shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Oreos are disgusting. The "cream" isn't cream. I never liked them and my hatred only worsened when I saw a show on how they are made. Nauseating.

Cinnabon always smells so wonderful so I tried it not long ago. So nasty. A bland chewy roll that was drowning in a slimy gelatinous goop that tasted like hyper sweet cornstarch. My friend tasted it thinking maybe I had a bad one and said it was great lol. So gross. And this was before I started healthier eating.

Now that I am eating healthier, most processed things are overly sweet, and/or salty, and taste of chemicals. It doesn't taste like food all.

So true! I use to really like 'yogurt' covered raisins, jelly beans, gummy bears, twizzlers, peanut butter cup candy, etc.,

Most taste 'waxy' and way too sickly sweet to me and like you said, 'tast(ing) of chemicals'.

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    A while back I ate some Hershey's kisses as my daughter had some. I portioned out a serving (9 I think), but couldn't eat more than two. They just tasted horrible to me which is weird because I used to love them. I'm still convinced maybe it was a bad batch, lol.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    A while back I ate some Hershey's kisses as my daughter had some. I portioned out a serving (9 I think), but couldn't eat more than two. They just tasted horrible to me which is weird because I used to love them. I'm still convinced maybe it was a bad batch, lol.

No it's Hershey. Sounds about right.
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Haha, for me its yogurt. I have never liked yogurt. The taste and texture just grosses me out. I've thought of a bunch of different ways to make it good, like adding cut up fruit and chia seeds and granola. Yeah umm, still hate it haha.
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Broccoli and cheese looks yummy, but it tastes horrible!!! Hate eating little trees.

I thought I was the only one. I hate little green trees and little albino trees (cauliflower)!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    refrigerator oats

was so excited to try it but its disgusting. ill go back to making it of a morning with milk and a dab of jam