healthy desserts?????

Options
Hey all, I love sugar in all forms haha and since I'm now trying to loose some weight and become healthier I would love some tips or recipes of healthy desserts, cakes etc.

Hop you can help me :)

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I suggest homemade, eating slowly, really enjoying, and having small portions.

Fruit is always a nice treat, imo. I like fresh blueberries with goat cheese or just some pumpkin spice sprinkled on top.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I generally do some mixed berries and a banana with cool whip. It's still sugar, but it's more nutrient dense.

But also keep in mind, if your day if full of nutrient dense foods and you met your goals, you can still fit in ice cream or cake if you want.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. If I'm low on calories, I'll eat two pieces that amount to 120 calories.

Generally, though, I still eat ice cream most nights, or lately graham crackers with flavored cream cheese. Just make what you want work into your calories.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    You will get a thread full of people's personal favourites here. You may like some of them or dislike others -- that all comes down to taste, which is personal.

But ultimately, the only thing that matters is this: There's no such thing as a "healthy" or "unhealthy" dessert. There's simply food that fits your calorie and macro goals, and food that doesn't.

Eat what you enjoy. Just make it fit.
  • EatPaleoStyle
    Options
    klaraam wrote: »
    Hey all, I love sugar in all forms haha and since I'm now trying to loose some weight and become healthier I would love some tips or recipes of healthy desserts, cakes etc.

Hop you can help me :)

Anything that does not have refined sugar and grains, which is... pretty much anything homemade without it or raw desserts from health food stores (read labels).
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I like homemade desserts that include fruits and nuts. Anything from fancy cobblers and pies to something quick like taking some berries and chopped nuts and drizzling a little chocolate over them. I find them more satisfying so I don't feel the need to overeat.
  • PatinMich
    PatinMich Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like making cupcakes using one cake mix mixed with 1 can of pumpkin (not pie filling). Just bake according to cake mix directions. It's not sugar free unless you can find a sugar free cake mix, but it's good and satisfies my sweet tooth. I can't give you the NI because it will depend on the cake mix and pumpkin you use. Be sure to store in the frig though because with the pumpkin, it will mold quickly. You can freeze these too and just take one out when you're ready to eat it.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Flourless chocolate cake! Only 8000 cals per cake, 400 per serving lol. I made room for it for my birthday :).

On a normal day,I enjoy chocolate kozy shack pudding or a few pieces of a chocolate Hershey bars.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    It would be helpful to know if you're looking for dessert recommendations with no added sugar, or if you're simply looking for satisfying low calorie desserts.

Knowing what healthy means to you would help, too.
  • priscilla1972
    Options
    My weakness is also sweets. My goal is to lose 50lbs, 15 down and 35 to go.
  • klaraam
    klaraam Posts: 30
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    It would be helpful to know if you're looking for dessert recommendations with no added sugar, or if you're simply looking for satisfying low calorie desserts.

Knowing what healthy means to you would help, too.

Good question. Mostly without any added sugar and if possible low in calories!

• klaraam
    Options
    Thank you all so much, everything sounds delicious!! :)
  • klaraam
    Options
    My weakness is also sweets. My goal is to lose 50lbs, 15 down and 35 to go.

Yes, it's hard to avoid sugar... Good work, keep it up!!! :D
  • amandacarr86
    amandacarr86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try fruit pizza. I spray a tortilla with coconut oil and brown it til crispy. Mix nonfat greek yogurt with a little stevia and a couple drops of vanilla, spread on tortilla and top with your favorite fruit. Delicious!
  • jchite84
    jchite84 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I love me some ice cream - if you check you can usually find good flavors for 150-175 calories per serving. The trick is eating just one serving (1/2 cup). I will also take frozen berries (usually blueberries) and add a teaspoon of sugar and some vanilla almond milk then stir it in a glass until it is sort of a sorbet. It usually comes in right around 100 calories.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get some dark 72% chocolate...about 30g melt it carefully in the microwave and then dip a punnet of strawberries in it, leaving them on a wire rack to dry and crisp up

About 23 calories each

And yummy

Other times I grab an ice cream out of the freezer or I make cake

I like cake
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Just ate a slice of this with coffee ... 90 calories

skinnytaste.com/2008/11/makeover-banana-nut-bread-3-pts.html
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    baked fruit, like peaches and apples
  • eskimocandy
    eskimocandy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So this may not be what you're looking for exactly, but I made it the other day and it's so good! You can try half a serving to cut down calories, and it's not too much honey...

Chocolate Avocado Chia Pudding

1 avocado
    2 ½ Tbsp honey
    2 ½ Tbsp cocoa powder
    1 Tbsp coconut oil
    1 tsp chia seeds
    ½ tsp vanilla

Mash the avocado until smooth. Add in rest of ingredients and mix well. Divide pudding among 2 ramekins and refrigerate for at least 30 mins. May garnish with chopped walnuts or Greek yogurt.

Serves 2. 300 kcal/ea
  • marleegubler
    marleegubler Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cut bananas into slices, freeze, then mix up in food processor. It becomes a texture like ice cream! Add chocolate protein powder or peanut butter to mix it up. :)