Jawbone up24 anyone???

Options
2»

Replies

• violetheaart
    Options
    I have the original, and I stopped using it because I was unable to reset my profile, and the UP24 came out (gee, thanks for that ad Target)..

Good luck to those of you that do use it, it really was a handy tool.
  • allnatural843
    allnatural843 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've just bought a Jawbone and started again on MFP so it's onwards and upwards - I'm looking for people to add, I'm not very athletic at the moment as I've just been diagnosed with asthma but I'm taking small steps - Linda Phillips

There are too many people with your name. I don't know which one you are. Whats the date you started. Maybe I can narrow it down with that
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    I just got a jawbone and am a bit confused about the workouts being logged. I, for example, just did a 20 minute workout on my elliptical, which I logged of MPF, but it also took into account the steps that my tracker counted... any suggestions on how to lot it more accuratly?

Everybody's different, but here's what worked for me:

Connect your accounts: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/97

Do not log any step-based activity. Your UP is already tracking that for you.

Log non-step exercise (like biking or swimming) in UP—never MFP.

Log food & drink (including water) in MFP.

Enable negative calorie adjustments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Set your activity level to sedentary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided & set your goal to .5 lb. per week for each 25 lbs. you need to lose.

Follow your MFP goal, eating back your UP adjustments. Your UP total burn is your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). If you eat less than TDEE, you will lose weight.

I'm confused on the calories and intake. To lose weight, you need a deficit of 500 calories a day, for 1 pound a week. Or 250 for 0.5 a week.
    If my UP tells me that I burned 1750 on a day that I worked out, did something like 4 miles of HIIT. I can eat 1250 calories and have a deficit. On non active days, my UP tells me I burned right under 1400, more like 1380.
    I keep reading about eating back part of the calories, but if my goal is to lose weight, I need that deficit. Thoughts? Opinions?

I'm not overweight. 5"2 and 120 on a med frame. Goal is 116-118 and overall tone.
    I'm doing HIIT and lifting. On HIIT days, its 4 miles of HIIT. On lift days, 10 min HIIT and weights. I work out 5 times a week.
  • anajagusch
    anajagusch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just got mine a week ago and I love it. My name is Anamarija Jagusch, look me up and add me. :blush:
  • Gadgetman74
    Gadgetman74 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Look me up if I haven't added you arsenalkings74@gmail.com
  • Bianca1972
    Bianca1972 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Took mine back today.

It was constantly getting snagged on my clothing or even my own arm.

*sigh*

Guess I'll have to wait another couple of months for the UP3 to be available.
  • segoviaj17
    segoviaj17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm still pretty new to the up
    Jessica Segovia
  • BrownsFan19
    BrownsFan19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just ordered one today. Excited to get it!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    tzarba wrote: »
    I'm confused on the calories and intake. To lose weight, you need a deficit of 500 calories a day, for 1 pound a week. Or 250 for 0.5 a week.
    If my UP tells me that I burned 1750 on a day that I worked out, did something like 4 miles of HIIT. I can eat 1250 calories and have a deficit. On non active days, my UP tells me I burned right under 1400, more like 1380.
    I keep reading about eating back part of the calories, but if my goal is to lose weight, I need that deficit. Thoughts? Opinions?

I'm not overweight. 5"2 and 120 on a med frame. Goal is 116-118 and overall tone.
    I'm doing HIIT and lifting. On HIIT days, its 4 miles of HIIT. On lift days, 10 min HIIT and weights. I work out 5 times a week.

A 500-calorie deficit at your size is downright dangerous! Your UP total burn is your TDEE (maintenance calories). Set your MFP goal to maintain your weight, and eat back your UP calorie adjustments.

You need to increase lean muscle mass, not lose weight. Google body recomposition or recomp.
  • lea_fitz
    lea_fitz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mine arrives tonight, but I've been using the app and I love it! Add me: Luciana Fitzgerald
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    HelenO20 wrote: »
    Does anybody use this on their ankle?

No. The logarithm is designed to track your steps when worn on your non-dominant wrist—not your ankle. Non-step based exercise (like biking) needs to be logged either in the UP app or in MFP—never both.

You can learn more (and find UP teammates) in the Jawbone UP Bracelet group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/13420-jawbone-up-bracelet
  • Vanity1920
    Vanity1920 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I forgot to put my information. My jawbone name is Mo Tis
    Deanna Fry. Please add me too
  • kniemeier1
    kniemeier1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have one too! niemeiers@msn.com. Feel free to add me!