10 pounds lighter and tighter by April - Support thread!

Options

Replies

• hollynono
    hollynono Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi I´m not new - I´ve been on MFP for years now but now am ready to start an intense Phase.
    - CW 150
    - GW 140
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    <<-- That's the dress I'm wearing this Saturday on my hot date with DH for our 12th year wedding anniversary (and 20years together).
    No, that was me this summer when I tried it on in the dressing room. I should try it on soon to make sure it fits!!! :smile:
    Will try to post a picture of my stilettos later.

It's day 26 and I'm still sticking w/ my NYE resolutions:
    - no night-time snacking
    - eating smaller portions: last night, I ate the food I had pre-logged: some sweet potato fries and 2 potstickers, and a big glass of water.
    Then I had a 2nd serving of potstickers: 5, for a total of 7 and was really full. Normally, I could eat 10 of those little things before coming up for air.
    - working out every other day/keep moving: I walked for 2hours during the kids' Chinese school.

I love all the new participants.
    Hope you're able to log your food/stick with it, and get moving.

Would love to talk weight lifting, if you're interested.
    NOTE: you won't bulk up!

Have a great day,
    (we're bracing for 24-36 inches of snow blizzard: tonight through Wednesday morning!!!)

Amanda
  • sellerskennington
    sellerskennington Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Amanda @huango‌ you must be here in NYC area, as I am. My first winter here. WE moved from Alabama for my husband to attend graduate school. I am a bit nervous about this storm. But, I plan on playing lots in the snow with my kiddos (will that work as calories burned? LOL).

I lost 2 pounds last week! This logging thing is really showing me what I was doing right/wrong before. I am on a day 8 or 9 streak now. I am so glad I am making a habit of it. :D

I wish there was a "like" button for peoples posts. :\ WELCOME everyone! GAME ON
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    OK, for all those who said they are up for being 10 lbs lighter by April... what did you do different (if anything) to step up your game? I increased my workout time by 10 minutes... baby steps!
  • angela101427
    angela101427 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This will be my first attempt socializing as I was trying do this on my own unfortunately, I have not seen the results I want since I started in 2013. Clearly I could use the encouragement from others and to keep me accountable. This has truly been the hardest thing I have ever tried to accomplish in my life.

Height: 5'1"
    CW: 230lbs

10lbs lighter by April 1st committed!!
  • sellerskennington
    sellerskennington Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    krdews wrote: »
    OK, for all those who said they are up for being 10 lbs lighter by April... what did you do different (if anything) to step up your game? I increased my workout time by 10 minutes... baby steps!

For me it is tracking every ounce of food and drink I put in my mouth. I have never been big on that but on day 9 of doing it! It helped me loose 2# last week!
  • jllucas2011
    jllucas2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Successes yesterday: I didn't eat what was left on the kids' plates when cleaning up after lunch and dinner. For me that's HUGE. I just had wisdom tooth removed this morning, so while I'm recuperating I'm planning my meals/workouts for the next couple of weeks.

Anyone else? Share! :-)
  • MsTracy1972
    MsTracy1972 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! No ice cream this weekend! Woo hooo!

Today is an 8. On my way to work out...I'm in an agressive mood today, bf touched a nerve this morning. Using this as my motivation..doing weights today. I'll post and tell you how I feel afterwards. Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

Huango...girl, that dress is FLY, you are gonna be one hot mama!

Krdews...I have started working out again, making better food choices. Oh, and vitamins, I wasn't taking them at first, now I make sure I do.
  • MsTracy1972
    Options
    Got my pom poms out....

good Job Lisame84!
    Cheerios...you will succeed even if you lose 1 pound..take it day by day.
    Angela101...you can do this!
    Jllucas...I love it, planning your meals is half the battle!

If I miss anyone...you know what to do GAME ON!!!

If anybody is wondering, this is very therapeutic. :) encouraging others to do good makes me get off my butt and do good too. :)
  • Level1Vegan
    Level1Vegan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What a great start guys... baby steps & little changes...

I'm thinking about setting a reward for 7 pounds lost. Just a teeny motivator to get me started.
    I don't have much money but I'm thinking about a necklace to 'win' wear all the time to keep me motivated for the next 7 pounds.

What do you think? Do you have any better ideas for a motivator?
  • huango
    Options
    Jemcad: I think that's a GREAT idea!
    I used to reward myself, into a jar, $1 for every time I worked out. I was saving up for a Burberry handbag. (Yeah, I think that's where I went wrong: WAY too big of a goal; I needed intermittent in-between goals/rewards.
  • TransformingTracy
    Options
    This sounds great! I'm in. I don't know how much I weigh, but I would like to drop the pounds I lost over the holidays. First step, get a reliable scale. Other first step, start logging in MFP. Love to eat healthy and then eat more (oops) and then exercise. Working on eating less and walking more!
  • RobynneMarie583
    Options
    I'm in! Lost 10 pounds already and would love to lost another 10 but the time I go away in April! X
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    It's been a few days since I checked in here, but I read through all the posts, and I am still committed to this journey with you all. :D

For me, my greatest success today was getting back in the regular eating habit. It was a rough weekend, mainly yesterday, and I am glad I have "predictable" weekdays - eating wise. I am getting so hungry for dinner right now, but I have avoided snacking this afternoon. (Victory!)
    chemjenny wrote: »
    I'm 5-2, and I can be good one week and eat horribly the next. This was a bad week.
    Phew! Good thing that one's over. On to a better one!

@WWnot - GOOD FOR YOU on your BRISK morning walk. I stop trying to convince myself of running outdoors below +5 degrees C, and hit the treadmill instead. PS - I would suggest Yoga for flexibility. Or stretching. Especially after working out. I get really tight muscles when I don't. I want more flexibility too. Some celebrities swear by Pilates for "lengthening". I've always enjoyed it. Tai Chi I find more relaxing than flexibility increasing, but I haven't tried many different types of it.

@hither2012 - If exercise is your challenge, I envy you. I am total opposite - it's the food for me. Get into the workout routine and I'm sure you'll be fine. I love when I know I'm in the swing of a great exercise commitment.
    sbeatwell wrote: »
    Really need motivation as I keep trying to do this over the years and never get down to my goal weight. I really want it this time and to keep it off to and to get a nice bigger toned bum, toned stomach and thin arms is a must as I hate them!
    Remember, you gotta earn that bum, tummy, and those arms! Try to love those parts of yourself now, as they are. Be kind to yourself. <3 Just so you know, you are WELL BELOW my goal weight, and you are taller than me. Maybe give lifting a shot. Your weight may go up, but TRUST ME, it won't look like it.

@huango - You look amazing in that dress!! PS - We've got that snow here as well, but not quite as deep. :s

@krdews - Way to "step up your game"! I could really use some of that drive right now.
  • MsTracy1972
    Options
    Good morning all...feeling the pain from my strength training session yesterday. ughhh...the pain. Oh my, its gonna be a 2 cup of coffee day today. Stats said I didn't eat enough food yesterday. Oh, well, its a new day y'all, lets do it again.
  • faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just poppin on quick before my daily update to say HI and keep up the greatness peeps!! I'm proud of us!! :)

I'm doing cardio as we speak!

• huango
    Options
    Everyone is doing great!
    Keep it up!

Questions for those who are committed to log their food:
    - do you log it BEFORE or AFTER you've eaten the food?
    - Log at the end of the day, or beginning of the next day,
    - Or another time?

What is working for me is to PRE-log the food in, so it helps me:
    - plan what I'll make for dinner
    - plan what I'll have for lunch (maybe something with more protein, if my dinner is not heavy in protein, etc )
    - Then if I have any calories leftover, I log in some fruits or snacks.
    If I don't, then I prelog the snack into the next days calories.

This way, I'm not surprise if I ate too little or too much one day.

Example: I already prelogged the calories for:
    - Thursday's lunch date with DH at Shake Shack (I went online to check out their menu to help me fit it all in, so I don't go crazy that day ordering everything)
    - Friday's GirlsNightOut: big salad with chicken to leave calories for the girlie-drinks
    - Saturday's hot date with hubby for or 12th wedding anniversary. Yes, I have allocated 2500 saved for that day (by moving calories from other days - like today)

Sorry for writing another book

Amanda
  • faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    WOW, look at the inspiration on the first page alone on this thread!! Before n after pics! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1008350/from-not-to-hot-everyone-post-your-pics#latest

@huango‌ to answer your questions about logging food - I commit to logging some food beforehand when I know it'll help me portion it out correctly. Sometimes I wait until after the meal or even at the end of the day to log it, but I am now a week into doing this straight so I trust myself to keep it up. (I've used MFP logging intermittently in the past.) See what works best for you, it does sound like you have a cool system setup for yourself :) And no worries about writing a book - we all share here!! p.s. happy anniversary!
  • iamburke
    iamburke Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I'm also looking for support friends. please friend request me!

I lost thirty pounds on weight watchers but I gained ten back. Part of this may be relaxing in a new relationship. Going out more drinking beer! And not weighing myself. Suddenly I look in the mirror and almost ten has creeped back so here I am...my daughter suggested this site to me and I am amazed at the great community..

Dieting works when you have support! Work out and write down your food....if you don't journal ...you eat in an unconscious way

I have been on this site almost a week and I'm down 1.2 pounds.....WE CAN DO IT! :):)
  • nikkistics
    nikkistics Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hiya Fealight!

I've got a pretty similar goal as you, starting at 140lb and I'm hoping to lose about 10-15 lbs of fat while upping my muscle mass by April. This is my first time setting out a weight loss goal and working towards it. It shouldn't be to difficult to lose the weight, I'm only 24 and 130lbs is my set weight but I had a baby 11 weeks ago and I'm on maternity leave so I'm not on my feet all day any more. I had a really physical job before I had my baby and felt lean and fit even throughout my pregnancy just from working. I really miss that feeling but have never done any actual weight training or high intensity interval training before. I too love challenging myself and lifting heavy items so I'm looking forward to getting started. But where do I start?? I've got some fitness apps like the jillianmicheals one and fitwoman which have pre constructed work outs, but still it's overwhelming, all the options to chose from. What sort of moves or equipment do your workouts consist of? What do you find actually works for you? Any advice in getting started?

Cheers!
    Nikki