age you were first dumped

Options
sunman00
sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
my son just got dumped by his 1st girlfriend after 10 months, he's 17:(
it reminded me of my first girlfriend, she dumped me after 2 months when she met another boy while walking her dog in the park,

how old were you and how long did it last?

Replies

• findinglssjess
    Options
    16... He moved to Florida...broke my heart...
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    I've never been dumped! B) although, I've never been in a relationship.... :'(

6mlqyyuvn70n.gif
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    My first "boyfriend" and I were together six months. I dumped him at age 15. It took him a long time to get over it, but we are still friends talk 2-3 times a week via text.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Hm...maybe 25 or 26. When I was in college my boyfriend cheated on me, but that's not the same. Even though it feels like being dumped, I dumped him.
  • Dared2Evolve
    Dared2Evolve Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    That is awful, I'm sorry. My first time was my fault, but it was best, I was 18.
    That event tore me up a long time.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I don't remember, but damn it took a lot of work to get him to dump me. I tried dumping and got the whole I'll kill myself b.s. and I believed it.. So, I'm going to guess... 22? Maybe?

ETA: Started dating when I was 16, I tried to make it work, but our families hated each other and it got too heated. I didn't want to hear it anymore.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My "first love" was when I was 15 and we were together for about 6 months. When he dumped me I was so upset but now we are actually really good friends and talk quite a bit on Facebook.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    There were just friendly this-isnt-going-anywhere breakups. No one got dumped. Got married a long time now and she's stuck with me.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I was maybe 6 years old, and so was he. So not really a boyfriend :wink: Me and my girlfriend mutually broke up aged 15 after 5 months, then me and my boyfriend of almost a year mutually broke up a couple days before my 17th birthday. I've not had any relationships since then (I'm 19 now) but I'm not all that bothered by it since I'm still young.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I was 19.
    I was ready to break up with the guy anyway but felt bad so I put it off...he could tell though. *sigh*
    But then I met the right one and it stuck...though we broke up at one point when he got a job on the opposite coast...didn't last, though. We missed each other too much. That happened later in life...(25)
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I was 16. We were together for 8 months.

To be fair, I did all the dumping before that guy.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    16, I thought I was dating a girl, then I found out she had another boyfriend. We went to different schools, we hung out a lot, went to each others proms, so I was confused when she said we were just friends and I read to much into it. With the things we were doing, I was pretty confused with other friends later in life that weren't willing to do those things :)
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    13 fixing to fly to Colorado for the winter and the girl called and broke up right before I flew out to tell me that she was breaking up with me. Ruined my whole trip and wasted like 15.99(American dollars) for a charm bracelet I bought her. Came back and the floozy was dating a 16 years old. They're married now and we're all friends but I still kid with her about it in front of her husband to make things awkward.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    eh I am not sure if I was "dumped" but it felt like it. I was dating a boy for the entire summer between grades 8-9 (age 14), and on the first day of the Fall semester this girl walked up to me and informed me that he was her boyfriend at the Catholic school they both attended for grade 8, and they had never broken up. She was crying hysterically and clearly way more invested in this boy than I was. So I just never spoke to him again. He awkwardly apologized for the drama a few months later.

First and only true blue dumping was at age 23 and was similarly sketchy. I'd dated a guy for 2 months and was pretty into him (after crushing on him for awhile during high school days) but then he met a girl at his brother's holiday party and dumped me to date her. The joke was on him when almost a decade later he wrote to me heartbroken about how she was a drug addict who left him raising their four sons.
  • jetskisimpson
    jetskisimpson Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Married to my first boyfriend. Married right out of high school...be 10 yrs this December :) luckily never experienced being dumped. Did have a lot of crushes that played with emotions tho but they lose I win lol
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    haha I had a "Boyfriend" in grade 6. We were both frigid and barely spoke to each other but we were "going out". He dumped me at the end of 6 months and I don't remember being upset.
  • BlueEyedRedhead
    BlueEyedRedhead Posts: 5,169 Member
    Options
    15... broke my heart...
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I was 14. It SUCKED because he was cowardly and also brutal about it. It sucked so hard. (some details redacted, just trust me, my feelings are justified. I was used and discarded.) .... you know what? I still hate that guy. He conducted himself with no honor whatsoever.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    ummmmmm 15 i think yea 15
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    13?14? it was a pretty kiddy relationship, we just sat next to each other in our classes. Looking back now I'm actually kind of certain he was gay. I was sad for about 5 minutes until he still sat next to me- I just didn't want to lose my friend.