healthy desserts?????

Options
124»

Replies

• mckennasihde
    mckennasihde Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I slice a banana in half and heat it up on the stove top and sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with a tbsp of honey. SO. FREAKIN. GOOD. and easy!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Bananas are so popular these days.
  • txteachermom
    txteachermom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't know about healthy, but I'm going to give you some yummy options I like that are under 200 calories:

Weight watchers chocolate creme cakes (90 calories)
    9 hershey kisses (this is one serving)
    Dole dippers - they have strawberry and chocolate slices covered in dark chocolate - 100 calories
    2 pillsbury chocolate chip cookies
    homemade cinnamon baked apples
    skinny cow ice cream
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ice cream ..

• arditarose
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    ice cream ..

What about mashed up banana ice cream?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    ice cream ..

oh man…lets not go there again …please?????
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    ice cream ..

oh man…lets not go there again …please?????

Word.
  • erikalane376
    Options
    Mix 1 cup dannon light and fit vanilla greek yogurt, 2 tbsp PB2, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, and sweetener (I use a pack of truvia). Put in a ziplock bag, cut the corner and pipe onto a plate/cookie sheet etc. and put in the freezer for about an hour. Makes 30-40 bite sized pieces, tastes like ice cream, and is only 135 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 8 grams of sugar for the whole thing. You can also top with a chocolate chip , berry, etc. Eating them right now...YUM!
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Homemade sorbet is super healthy and completely yummy, but you need a really powerful blender or good food processor, just freeze whatever berries you like most and when you want dessert blend them into sorbet, sometimes I add a splash of juice to help it blend or even a spoonful of sugar to sweeten it a bit more. The same works with frozen bananas! Blend frozen bananas with a little splash of milk and you get the exact texture of creamy ice cream!
  • scottish_laura_13
    scottish_laura_13 Posts: 69 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    puffed quinoa with chocolate is nice its like choc rice treats (you can make them with natural cacoa too)
    or low fat cupcakes - 3 egg whites whisked to meringue consistency, fold in 3oz sugar, 3 oz self raising flour, 1tpbs vanilla essence (or a little more - I love strawberry flavour) or any flavour and the egg yolks. if you want them chocolaty add 0.4 oz of cocoa powder - the texture is like a foam sponge I think but they taste nice - good for lactose intolerance too. for the top you could have a low fat cream cheese frosting, add some nuts, or fruit in the cakes, or have it with some low fat icecream or sorbet
    there is also an oaty pancake cookie that you can make in a frying pan, in saying that crepes can be quite low and with a sprinkle or sweetner and fruit or a little choc spread
    or low fat pancakes with low syrup and blueberries
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Removed for grossness!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    ^BTW never made those yet. I usually like the full chocolatey goodness version!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    37 calorie brownies Combined in a blender;
    3/4 Cup nonfat Greek yogurt
    1/4 cup skim milk 1/2 cup cocoa powder
    1/2 rolled oats
    1/2 cup stevia/truvia (sweeter that pours like sugar)
    egg
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 pinch salt Blend for a minute or so until smooth, pour into a greased 8x8 pan Bake for about 15 min at 400 degrees until a knife comes out clean 1/4 cup chocolate chips makes it 65 calories for the wild and crazy!!

Don't do it. Worst thing I ever ate when I was trying to lose weight. Tastes like anger.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm a baker so I just have dessert. I weigh out a portion that fits my calories/macros and enjoy it.

Mr Acrylics likes these; if you get 32 mini muffings like I did they're 71 calories each. More bananas, sorry guys.

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/11/11/skinny-chocolate-banana-fudge-muffins/

• VickieP7879
    Options
    Black bean brownies. One can of black beans and one box of brownie mix of any kind. ( I like to use the Tuttle flavor)
    Blend black beans and brownie mix together. Do not add eggs and oil just use the can of black beans with the liquid. Bake according to instruction on the box. High in protein and fiber. Great with sugarless ice cream.
  • lamuneca2015
    Options
    I've found helpful going to Eatingwell.com for healthy recipes. They've got various of dessert choices among other yummy beneficial recipes. Good Luck! :-)
  • choilap
    Options
    I saute some walnuts in butter, and spenda sugar, and some cinnamon. Such a yummy sweet snack with protein :)
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Swiss Miss hot chocolate...there is a diet version and I think a no sugar version. However, I prefer the milk chocolate which if I remember correctly is 90 calories per envelope. I mix it with water but you can make it a bit more rich (and calorific haha) if you mix it with skim (or preferred) milk. Sometimes I add two tablespoons of light whipped topping which adds 20 calories.

Dark chocolate :).
  • AmberAntoine
    Options
    I suggest homemade, eating slowly, really enjoying, and having small portions.

Fruit is always a nice treat, imo. I like fresh blueberries with goat cheese or just some pumpkin spice sprinkled on top.

Yeah you are right, its better you take a desserts which are made in home with sugar free and you can also take the fruits which is best option for dessert.

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I suggest homemade, eating slowly, really enjoying, and having small portions.

Fruit is always a nice treat, imo. I like fresh blueberries with goat cheese or just some pumpkin spice sprinkled on top.

Yeah you are right, its better you take a desserts which are made in home with sugar free and you can also take the fruits which is best option for dessert.

Well, I didn't say sugar free. I think you can make exactly what you want. You just need to figure out the portion that works for you. But certainly, there are lots of things you can eat for dessert that don't include added sugar.