The flag feature is for SPAM

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Do you guys really want the mods to remove this feature so we can be drowning in spam again? You should ONLY flag a post when it's spam. It will be removed after 5 people flag it. It's not a 'like' or 'dislike' button.

Seriously. If you think a post violates the forum rules, report it. Flagging does nothing except wasting the moderators' time. If you don't like a post, welcome to the Internet. Grow up and deal with it or close your browser.

*rant off*

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    (*)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    There are actually three categories reporting ... spam, reported posts, and abuse. All show as flags.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points#latest
  • Francl27
    Options
    There are actually three categories reporting ... spam, reported posts, and abuse. All show as flags.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points#latest

Right. But people definitely abuse it. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean it's abusive or violating the forum rules.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Your post and title contradict each other. Either flags are for the three things that Olivia claims, or they are just for spam as your title states ... pick one.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Do you guys really want the mods to remove this feature so we can be drowning in spam again? You should ONLY flag a post when it's spam. It will be removed after 5 people flag it. It's not a 'like' or 'dislike' button.

Seriously. If you think a post violates the forum rules, report it. Flagging does nothing except wasting the moderators' time. If you don't like a post, welcome to the Internet. Grow up and deal with it or close your browser.

*rant off*

Yes it is helpful with spam. It is also useful in Abusive posts. After 5 a use flags, that particular post collapses. After 10 I believe it is completely removed.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I think the spam flag should be on the poster not on the post

the rest .. well the internet is a playground - some people like to be kids in the playground .. oo you were mean, I'm gonna, I'm gonna... click that button <waah>
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I gotta say I'm kinda surprised your OP hasn't been flagged yet.

:flowerforyou:
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm finding the urge to flag the OP almost impossible to resist. Must. Not. Flag.
  • Francl27
    Options

Twice!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Twice!
    I went to UN-spam you but it looks like clean-up crew came thru :flowerforyou:

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Oh. I feel like that statement is trying to come across as staff. I'm not saying you specifically said that, but that how it came across.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

Twice!
    I went to UN-spam you but it looks like clean-up crew came thru :flowerforyou:

Tom-Hardy-Seduction-Wink-Reaction-Gif.gif
  • Skyz4dayz
    Skyz4dayz Posts: 34 Member
    Options

*rant off*

Anyone else hearing the teacher from Charlie Brown????
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I got a spam flag once and still don't get it. I never spam. (Ok, I sometimes might include a link to my favorite $15 food scale on Amazon but that is the closest I get to spam. I don't even eat the stuff)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Twice!

:laugh:

You're up to four now.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Also, can we have a broscience flag for people giving really stupid advice?
    Like.

And we could use a like button too, since this is kind of a pointless post...

• Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    this 1000000+ and then, can MFP please add finger tapping to the exercise database, I could then set up a group for finger related Injuries.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

*rant off*

I thought it was the butt-hurt button! Or sometimes the baiting button (at least that's what it seems to be used for).
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

Yep!!