Wanna throw in the towel

Options

Replies

• karens19742015
    karens19742015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiya.. I started on here 2 weeks ago. I lost 4lbs last week as I'm using my food dairy daily plus I am doing 60 minutes walk 4 times a week. I even have an app that counts my steps and calories used. I just got home from my weigh in tonight and I've put on 2lbs!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Codilee87 wrote: »
    So quit.
    Daiako wrote: »
    Do it then. If you truly want to give up nothing we say will change that.

Sorta failing on the "Motivation and Support" end of things aren't you?

i dunno, the title of the thread is how she wants to quit, so it seems like they are the only ones actually supporting the OP's wishes
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    So quit.

i dunno, the title of the thread is how she wants to quit, so it seems like they are the only ones actually supporting the OP's wishes

LMAO @ DavPul #funnybecauseit'strue
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    2v92grp.jpg

Keep your patience on girl!
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So quit.

Wut? I'm encouraging the OP to do exactly what's in her heart, never mind all you jerks trying to sway her from her goals.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Hi yes 8lbs in total since starting on 6th jan 2015

You need

lowered-expectations-madtv-350.jpg
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    You haven't lost anything, you lost 8 lbs. Patience.
  • airmedic8
    airmedic8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can't reverse years and years of bad choices in 20 days. If it was that simple we would all be in awesome shape. It has taken me 6 years...6 years to be where I wanted to be but it took me many more than that to cause my problem. You can't downplay changes that go on in your body that you cannot see. Weight can vary upwards of 10 lbs per day. The goal should be to be...healthy. Not to be on the cover of a magazine.

However if you feel that you may be your own worst enemy you may want to look at if you are. Are you snacking, are you tracking accurately etc...

Unlock your tracker anklets take a look maybe some of use can help?

Keep trucking!!
  • CObluegrass
    CObluegrass Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    wait, so your first 2 weeks you averaged 4 pounds per week and then in your 3rd week (a PMS week) you lost nothing so you want to quit? c'mon that's just silly. be in it for the long haul and have more realistic expectations. Your average is still above 2 pounds per week, you will have fluctuations so don't let them derail you. The scale doesn't always move with the speed we want it to.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hi yes 8lbs in total since starting on 6th jan 2015

Holy moly, really!!! You are doing great.

I started before that I have only lost about 3lbs. I am on track to lose .5/week though.

• size12girl2015
    size12girl2015 Posts: 54
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ok it didn't take years for me to gain the weight I want to lose ...having twins caused my weight gain they are 11months ..so trying to shift the weight I gained from having not one baby but two !! Thanks for all the positive support guys
  • OGJake12
    OGJake12 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    If a baby fails at walking 100 times do you give up on it? NO! Keep rockin and adjust your approach! You're good and keep a smile on your face while you do it. Have faith in yourself.
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    OGJake12 wrote: »
    If a baby fails at walking 100 times do you give up on it? NO! Keep rockin and adjust your approach! You're good and keep a smile on your face while you do it. Have faith in yourself.

Thank you ...was just having abit of a moment all the actual supports been great
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I came across this quote, hope it inspires you: Good luck!

"PATIENCE. Let's be realistic here. You won't drop two jean sizes in one day. You won't lose fifty pounds in one month. You're going to binge every now and then. You will go a day or two without working out. Your weight is going to fluctuate here and there. You're going to try new techniques that may not work. You're a human being. You're going to fail now and again. But nothing great is ever accomplished without a few obstacles. JUST KEEP GOING."

Yup. My avatar too o:)

I "gained" .2 kilos this morning. And I'm eating the same number of calories every day (+/- 50 cals).

• Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You lost 2 pounds per month and you want to quit. What are your expectations in terms of loss rate ?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Think their point is, saying you are going to or feeling you are going to quit just because you dont lose one week doesnt compare well to others who keep at it for many months and years. Its a personal choice whether you quit or not, but by doing so it prevents you from getting to your target weight, whuch I assume you must want. Its quite natural for people to stall a bit, often for weeks. the best thing you can do is not let it deter you and recheck everything you are doing, weighing your food, exercise, logging and not stressing to make your strategy more effective. Weight loss isnt linear.

Your ticker says youve lost 8lb already this year? Thats serious weight less than a month. To lose the other 26lbs, then as a rule of thumb look at 1lb a week i.e 6 months. If you wnat to quit thats your choice, but cant see how it really solves your problem.
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Think their point is, saying you are going to or feeling you are going to quit just because you dont lose one week doesnt compare well to others who keep at it for many months and years. Its a personal choice whether you quit or not, but by doing so it prevents you from getting to your target weight, whuch I assume you must want. Its quite natural for people to stall a bit, often for weeks. the best thing you can do is not let it deter you and recheck everything you are doing, weighing your food, exercise, logging and not stressing to make your strategy more effective. Weight loss isnt linear.

Your ticker says youve lost 8lb already this year? Thats serious weight less than a month. To lose the other 26lbs, then as a rule of thumb look at 1lb a week i.e 6 months. If you wnat to quit thats your choice, but cant see how it really solves your problem.

Everyone has rough days ..today was mine !! Did I want to quit ..yes that's the truth...I was disappointed..am I going to no because I know I can get through today ..i just needed abit of support and some advice ! Surely this is why these forums are here for this purpose ? anyway ..thanks for you post ..hope u have a great day :)
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I started Jan 2nd, and I lost 7lbs in the first couple weeks, and in this past week it slowed down and I only lost 0.2lb. It's like everyone else is saying, it's just that weight fluctuates randomly due to any number of reasons. Just keep going and try not to get discouraged! That's what I'm trying to do :)
  • You may have to tweek your macros. MFP is just a guideline but for certain goals they need to change.
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    memelendy wrote: »
    I am in the same boat as you. I started Jan 2nd, and I lost 7lbs in the first couple weeks, and in this past week it slowed down and I only lost 0.2lb. It's like everyone else is saying, it's just that weight fluctuates randomly due to any number of reasons. Just keep going and try not to get discouraged! That's what I'm trying to do :)

Glad I'm not on my own here ..your right it's hard to hit that stall as it does make u feel like quitting ..we are only human we will have these days of wanting to give up for all sorts of reasons not just the scales being an *kitten* !! I'm with you though gonna keep at it and see what the next weigh in brings ! Same to you keep at it !!