100 pounds to gooo... holy crap :|

Options
hi.

so, i was a pudgy child. a chubby teenager. and a fat *kitten* adult from a family of similarly sized humans. sometime around december, at a doctors appointment, i realized holy crap. i've reached my heaviest weight ever. and that was a bad thing.

because before, i guess i could ignore it and pretend it didn't exist (hahahahaha, yeah right) and suddenly, seeing that scale go from 200 to 300 opened my eyes and i was like... oh. yeah, you're probably going to die at some point so how about we do something about that.

and here i am. 15 down. a hundred to go.

come slap my hand when i reach for a peanut butter cup, mkay?

Replies

• slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    welcome and we're all here to help! reach out if you need help staying on track!

friend request sent.
  • sncoombs
    Options
    grrrallie wrote: »
    hi.

so, i was a pudgy child. a chubby teenager. and a fat *kitten* adult from a family of similarly sized humans. sometime around december, at a doctors appointment, i realized holy crap. i've reached my heaviest weight ever. and that was a bad thing.

because before, i guess i could ignore it and pretend it didn't exist (hahahahaha, yeah right) and suddenly, seeing that scale go from 200 to 300 opened my eyes and i was like... oh. yeah, you're probably going to die at some point so how about we do something about that.

Hiiii :smile:
    All in the same boat and here to help each other!!!
    Send me a friend request if you want chick :)
    I have 100 to lose too....seems so far awaaaaay!!!
  • Sanchezs77
    Sanchezs77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been in your shoes, hun. The hardest part of my weightloss journey was taking the steps to start and convincing myself not to give up. I started my weightloss journey last January (at 294 lbs) and have lost 83 pounds since then. I'm still not where I need to be, but I'm not giving up. I found that focusing on short-term (weekly) goals has kept me from feeling overwhelmed. Stay in a positive frame of mind by looking at how far you've come, versus how far you have left to go. Every pound lost is a small victory toward your greater goal, and should be something you're proud of. Celebrate your non-scale victories, as well...passing up on junk food and having something healthy, your clothes fitting better, the changes you notice in your body or your face...it all helps you stay focused and makes your sacrifices feel like they've been well worth it. You CAN do this!! Feel free to send me a friend request or follow me on Instagram: Soniaandgeorgi
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say - it can be done & you will do it! Had to lose a couple pounds myself ( 7 more to go) :)

Again -- BEST WISHES!

73641431.png
  • socialone74
    socialone74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I created a group for women who need to lose 100+ lbs -- going to send you an invite!
  • jillshadow
    jillshadow Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey I am in the same boat too. I need to lose around 150 and some change. I know I am going to lose weight anyways, because I am a diabetic and as such need to control my blood sugars and in order to do that I need to limit my food and carb intake. So I figure I will lose weight a long the way. But I am going to try to lose more additionally. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Kinda sounds a little like me, always been on the heavier side. I want to make a change! I can tell you that so far its been a real challenge, and it will be, but don't let it discourage you. I'll add you! We can keep each other motivated. :)
  • wru2251
    wru2251 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about 80 lbs. I have diabetes throughout my family, and had gestational diabetes. I've lost 8 lbs since the beginning of Jan (yay me!). Feel free to add me! :)
  • time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've got about the same amount to lose. I've been doing this since the beginning of the month. Feel free to add me :smiley:
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Been there. It seems really daunting to have that much weight to lose, but you can do it. Start now and don't stop :)
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You got this, girl! What kind of exercise do you like? What are your favourite foods? Weaknesses? Identifying these things early on can be a big help. I really love running, yoga, vegetables, seafood, and cheese. My weaknesses are definitely beer and red wine. I am down about 65 lbs from my highest weight and am looking to lose about 35(ish) more, plus toning. Add me, if you like! Best wishes. :smile:
  • Jboss3
    Jboss3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    grrrallie wrote: »
    hi.

• Jboss3
    Jboss3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too send me a friend request as I'm new to this could use some friends and I'm not sure how to send the request
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! You can do it!!
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    same here.... looking to lose 100 more..
  • time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've got about the same amount to lose. It seems a bit overwhelming at times, but I know I need to do this for ME. Feel free to add me as a friend. :smiley:
  • Jodibbs
    Jodibbs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We are all in it together that's the best thing! Here to support you :smiley: F/R sent!
  • KJMajano
    KJMajano Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!!!
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I also have around the same to lose! Fee free to friend request! We can do it!! :smiley:
  • StayingCalm
    StayingCalm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to posting and interacting. I have been using MFP for about three months, and have lost 34 pounds. Now, I have 40 to go to reach my ultimate goal. Very nice to meet you! I wish you all the best on your journey.