Almost 1 month and I am ready for a heat day!

Options
hi! I've been dieting since the first of the year and I have been doing really well, but I am having that longing for a huge carb laden meal or a bag of chips! I am trying to power through guys and stick to my plan but it's been a little tough the last few days!!!!

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Why not have a bag of chips but still meet your calorie/macro goals? Best of both worlds.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Oh a "CHEAT" day. I was wondering what a heat day was. I thought you just wanted some warm weather. Me too.

Seriously, you don't have to completely give up treats. Work some into your day. I have a hot chocolate every night because I work it into my calories. Depriving yourself completely tends to lead to a binge.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    When you learn to make treats fit your calories you don't need a cheat day. Have a day where you eat at maintenance and fill up on some carbs. A day at maintenance won't hurt you.
  • jedchoate
    jedchoate Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What helps me with that is taking stevia, pb2 chocolate (powdered peanut butter), and nonfat Greek yogurt and mixing it up together. It helps with the sweet tooth and longing for carbs... Plus the probiotics in the yogurt helps prevent your body from absorbing fat.
  • highway721
    highway721 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Doesn't hurt to treat yourself but get right back at it
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    jedchoate wrote: »
    What helps me with that is taking stevia, pb2 chocolate (powdered peanut butter), and nonfat Greek yogurt and mixing it up together. It helps with the sweet tooth and longing for carbs... Plus the probiotics in the yogurt helps prevent your body from absorbing fat.

What?
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

What?

I was just going to ask the same thing. Never heard that one before.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options

First, your body needs dietary fat. It's essential for some metabolic functions.
    Second, probiotics don't magically prevent you from absorbing fat. Gut bacteria (which is what probiotics basically are) is responsible for aiding the body in digestion and absorption of what we eat.