Paleo February Start-up

Options

Replies

• jvt63
    jvt63 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I didn't say to avoid fruit. And judging from your photo, you're a young man. I'm an old woman. I don't need as much fruit--or as many carbs in general, even healthy ones--as you might eat. You may find that out for yourself when you're in your 50s, bro.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    jvt63 wrote: »
    I didn't say to avoid fruit. And judging from your photo, you're a young man. I'm an old woman. I don't need as much fruit--or as many carbs in general, even healthy ones--as you might eat. You may find that out for yourself when you're in your 50s, bro.

Lol ok pseudo bro

The fact that you think fruit has too many carbs is ridiculous in itself...

Carb intake has nothing to do with weight loss...
  • jvt63
    jvt63 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    whatever you say. have the last word, by all means.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    jvt63 wrote: »
    whatever you say. have the last word, by all means.

Thanks I will...
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Why do certain users have to get so feisty on these boards? If you aren't interested in paleo or helping the OP why even bother wasting your time posting on this thread? It can be so frustrating wading though so much BS to read actual helpful posts.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Why do certain users have to get so feisty on these boards? If you aren't interested in paleo or helping the OP why even bother wasting your time posting on this thread? It can be so frustrating wading though so much BS to read actual helpful posts.

because OP said eating that way is hard, so we suggested a different path..

why do you care if there is alternative? Why are you wasting your time providing no information either way? Maybe you should listen to your own advice..???

It is a public forum, which means that all can post….
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Overblown fad. Why not eat all the food you like in a deficit?
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    rpnjenn wrote: »
    Good luck on the new adventure of Paleo. It is hard but worth it. Be sure to try and have pre-made snacks to grab for those hunger pangs. Veggies, fruit, pre- bake baked goods on weekend that can go in freezer and for quick grabs on early mornings. :)

Agreed. Don't listen to the "opposition" on this one - this week, I am removing legumes from my diet and the only thing left would be supplementation for intense workouts. That's it. Otherwise, I have been doing Paleo for some time now. Lost 50#s.

Don't listen to the peeps about "eating at a deficit." That's called deprivation - starvation. Paleo is about eating all natural foods - to the point that you would naturally feel full. That's because natural foods contain either enough fiber or protein to do that. Calories are secondary.

Just pick natural, whole foods. Substitute frozen berries for fresh and make smoothies. Cheaper way to get the fruit. Bananas are great pre and post-workout foods. Veggies are in abundance, frozen or otherwise. Fresh meats as well - just find grass-fed beef and good ole wild salmon.

You will not regret the move. As the poster and other sane posters said above me - it's well worth it.

Right pro-refined processed food bots?
  • Will32283
    Will32283 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options

Because paleo isn't help?
  • Richardlaing1
    Richardlaing1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If it has a label, that is your 1st clue.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Options
    Will32283 wrote: »

That's wrong man. Paleo is huge - it's definitely worth it - you can't "sugarcoat" it's effectiveness - and for those with diabetes, an excellent diet. Paleo is about eating fresh whole natural food. Oh yeah, I guess that's something that works against the standard Western diet that most of ya (not Paleos or sane people) would eat. Continue down your processed food trail man, the doctors will be glad to take on your conditions and take your money too.
  • Will32283
    Options

That's wrong man. Paleo is huge - it's definitely worth it - you can't "sugarcoat" it's effectiveness - and for those with diabetes, an excellent diet. Paleo is about eating fresh whole natural food. Oh yeah, I guess that's something that works against the standard Western diet that most of ya (not Paleos or sane people) would eat. Continue down your processed food trail man, the doctors will be glad to take on your conditions and take your money too.

Hi Ted! See my profile pic? 105lbs gone without restricting myself. I ate what I wanted and when I wanted without someone telling me that processed food was bad for me like you just did. I ate what people like you call 'junk'. Fast food, chips, processed food, Ice cream, cake, all the food that you hate played a part in my nutrition. I will stick to what helped me. Thanks!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Good luck on the new adventure of Paleo. It is hard but worth it. Be sure to try and have pre-made snacks to grab for those hunger pangs. Veggies, fruit, pre- bake baked goods on weekend that can go in freezer and for quick grabs on early mornings. :)

Agreed. Don't listen to the "opposition" on this one - this week, I am removing legumes from my diet and the only thing left would be supplementation for intense workouts. That's it. Otherwise, I have been doing Paleo for some time now. Lost 50#s.

Don't listen to the peeps about "eating at a deficit." That's called deprivation - starvation. Paleo is about eating all natural foods - to the point that you would naturally feel full. That's because natural foods contain either enough fiber or protein to do that. Calories are secondary.

Just pick natural, whole foods. Substitute frozen berries for fresh and make smoothies. Cheaper way to get the fruit. Bananas are great pre and post-workout foods. Veggies are in abundance, frozen or otherwise. Fresh meats as well - just find grass-fed beef and good ole wild salmon.

You will not regret the move. As the poster and other sane posters said above me - it's well worth it.

Lol how do you think you lose on paleo...a calorie deficit, that is how.

Are you saying I can eat 5000 calories a day, be in a surplus, eat paleo, and I will lose???

Oh wait you are the one person in the world that eats in a surplus and loses weight ...
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Are you saying I can eat 5000 calories a day, be in a surplus, eat paleo, and I will lose???

Oh wait you are the one person in the world that eats in a surplus and loses weight ...

We don't know what the surplus is. That's the point - if you feel full after eating a Paleo-derived meal, you satiated yourself naturally. Not only that, if you exercise - then you are burning a portion of your daily intake off. Now you might call that a deficit, but that's not deprivation. That's the point. Welcome to Paleo.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Options

Hi Ted! See my profile pic? 105lbs gone without restricting myself. I ate what I wanted and when I wanted without someone telling me that processed food was bad for me like you just did. I ate what people like you call 'junk'. Fast food, chips, processed food, Ice cream, cake, all the food that you hate played a part in my nutrition. I will stick to what helped me. Thanks!

Check your visceral fat levels by getting blood work done. Over the long term, you will find yourself at the doctor's office with issues and that's guaranteed. You might get the initial burn of a deficit-based system, but over the long haul, it doesn't work.

Wanna know what yo-yo dieting occurs?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

We don't know what the surplus is. That's the point - if you feel full after eating a Paleo-derived meal, you satiated yourself naturally. Not only that, if you exercise - then you are burning a portion of your daily intake off. Now you might call that a deficit, but that's not deprivation. That's the point. Welcome to Paleo.

Of course I know what the surplus is. I maintain on 2600 to 2800 so anything over that is a surplus...

You said forget calorie deficit...so now you are saying that it is the deficit?? So calorie deficit = weight loss? Yes or no????
  • Will32283
    Options

Check your visceral fat levels by getting blood work done. Over the long term, you will find yourself at the doctor's office with issues and that's guaranteed. You might get the initial burn of a deficit-based system, but over the long haul, it doesn't work.

Lolz. Been there, done that, I'm completely fine. I thank you for your concern though. It doesn't work, but paleo does? Majority of the people I know that tried paleo are no longer doing it. Why? Because diets/fads are temporary.
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Wait so you're saying that he's going to have health issues even though he lost over 105 pounds and that he's going to gain back his weight, even though you're not his doctor or anything?? Are you a fortune-teller or something? Can you tell me if I'll make 100K by next year? That would be awesome! :)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I missed black beans and peanut butter. So I stopped. I've still managed to lose weight.
  • ndj1979
    Options

yo yo dieting happens when people do dumb fad diets like paleo and restrict whole food groups and then binge on said food groups and wonder why "dieting" is so hard…

when in reality it is easy ….eat in a deficit, hit your calorie, micro/macro goals, and eat the foods that you like ….

CICO ALWAYS works…it is not a temporary burn ..

do you even understand math????