Weight loss and water consumption

Options
2»

Replies

• jillshadow
    jillshadow Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you look up what all is in diet soda and some of the health concerns. Is it the caffeine you want? Need (I drink way too much soda and sweetened tea and those are my top two priorities to work on first off. I also like to drink stuff with flavor (juices ect) but I do not take in artificial sweeteners. HOW much diet soda are you used to drinking that is a big question. Water is great at flushing things out and hydration is best with water (some beverages DEhydrate us) I like the man who mentions doing the certain amount of water THEN rewarding yourself. BUT get there in steps, do you like tea? Green ore regular or herb? Add Stevia to that after you find one that taste good to you. If you have 3 diet sodas a day now drop one at first give it a few weeks then tackle another. Then if you want to keep that last one each day as a reward do it! Or at a certain time. Just research the things we put in our body and try new things.

I drink 42 ounces every other day, sometimes two liters, sometimes 2-3 2 cup glasses when I'm out.
  • jillshadow
    jillshadow Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Aemely wrote: »
    I'm not anti-diet sodas, but I do find that I feel kinda crummy when I drink them. My new trick? Take a Sodastream bottles (or any bottle with a screw-on cap), fill with water, shove a cold brew peach tea bag under the waterline, and stick in the fridge for a few hours. I haven't tried anything more than peach, but I'm sort of shocked how well the cold brew worked. Try it. You might like it! Here's a round-up:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/31/best-iced-tea-bag-brands_n_1560357.html

Oh wow. I didn't know this was a thing - I will definitely try this out, this sounds like a wonderful idea! Thanks!
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I sincerely hope you find a solution that works for you. Or... You could get used to water...? It seems to me this don't-like-water thing is a kind of a first-world issue from learning bad habbits since childhood - and more's the pity when you consider the almost universal availability of clean fresh drinking water in Western countries.