Phentermine

Options
Has anyone had any problems with this diet pill! Or any success!

Replies

• Kre4Kre
    Options
    I'm on it now. Started 1-15-15 at 232 now today I'm down to 218
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh OP. Do a search, this topic has been discussed endlessly.
  • Kre4Kre
    Options
    So what @Laurend224‌ who are you the MVP Police? Dam
  • Kre4Kre
    Options
    MFP
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Oh my gosh OP. Do a search, this topic has been discussed endlessly.

Its possible that she hasn't quite mastered the site like a veteran such as yourself. No need to be rude
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    She has had 7 posts to become a board expert, no excuses. (JKJK)
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10064551/is-phentermine-safe-please-help#latest

Here. This should get you started. OP, I can only say that I lost weight with phentermine, but to me the side effects were not worth it.

I wish you luck with whatever you chose.
  • Ddonna82
    Ddonna82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well Laurens224, maybe this topic has been discussed, but not by me* And I wanted to know and that's why I asked! You didn't have to comment you could of just scrolled down to the next! Any who lol thanks for the response kre4kre, my doctor prescribed for me and I read many reviews, but I've just been very undecided about filling the prescription!! Kre4Kre have you had any of the side affects they listed!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Ddonna82 wrote: »
    Well Laurens224, maybe this topic has been discussed, but not by me* And I wanted to know and that's why I asked! You didn't have to comment you could of just scrolled down to the next! Any who lol thanks for the response kre4kre, my doctor prescribed for me and I read many reviews, but I've just been very undecided about filling the prescription!! Kre4Kre have you had any of the side affects they listed!

If you stay around here for very long, you will find that some topics have been discussed ad nauseum. Lauren was actually trying to give you a little help and you cop an attitude. You are not going to find much support on this site for drug assisted weight loss. You might consider toning it down a notch.
  • Ddonna82
    Options
    Well I disagree I felt that she was being rude and so did other people!!! And you can just keep scrolling down also! This site has so many topics that are discussed repeatedly,so if you or anybody else has a problem with people asking questions, then that's your problem, you don't have to comment on anything! Just read and move on to the next one!!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Internet. You ask a question on a public forum, you get what you get. I love for people to ask questions, I take exception when someone asks a question and then gets mad when they don't hear what they want to hear. And just like you get to ask whatever you want, I get to answer whatever I want, that's kinda how a message board works.
  • francesmarieg
    francesmarieg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have taken Phentermine! While I DID lose weight... I also had horrible headaches and loss of appetite. While my friends were full of energy on it, I had the opposite effect. My headaches were so bad that I was always laying down and think that I only lost weight because I wasn't eating! Everyone's body is different... So try it and see how it affects you!
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I was on phentermine and it made me very cranky / anxious. I just did not feel myself. Also for the first two weeks it works pretty well and after that only worked for half the day, and the rest of the day I'd just wanna eat.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I briefly took Phentermine. I do not recommend it.
  • Ddonna82
    Options
    Thanks everyone, like I said I've been very indecisive about this, but your responses has helped a lot!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    It's dangerous to take. Don't take it OP. There is 0 reason to put that junk into your body.
  • makelemonade14
    makelemonade14 Posts: 46 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I took it for 6 weeks while I adjusted my eating habits and started daily exercise. I had dry mouth, extra sweating, cold hands and feet, and a couple days of initial jitteriness. I'm on my 3rd day off, and other than feeling extra tired for the first 2 days I'm feeling fine. I lost 29 pounds and it gave me enough control over my appetite to focus on eating well and beginning my exercise routine. My cravings are back and I'm thinking about food more, but so far I'm doing well off it.

I was very ready to start a new way of life, and used it as a tool to get started. I knew it wasn't going to be my ticket to weight loss, a calorie deficit (long term!) is the ticket. I still have another 55 pounds to lose, but I have the confidence to get there now. My weight loss is stabilizing to 2 pounds/wk and the good habits are feeling more natural, so it seemed like the right time to drop the pills to me.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have not taken Phentermine, but I know enough about it from the forum topics (the reason people recommended a search and that link was due to the fact that there are Phentermine threads that pop up at least once a day, or every few days).

I personally would not recommend it; it's essentially legal speed, and I have read some horrible side effects that people have experienced on it. If you do consider going on it, make sure you are getting it from a reputable doctor. Also make sure you are cleared medically, and have no conditions that could become worse or dangerous while taking it. I have a heart arrythmia called supraventricular tachycardia; something I've had from birth; and if I was to take it (I never would!), my tachycardia could become bad enough to require me to become hospitalized. Tachycardia, an excessive heart rate, is also a side effect of this drug. It is not due to a valve problem like people with other forms of tachycardia, but it can cause a dangerous rise in your heart rate.

I can tell you from personal experience you do NOT want to experience what the ER does to combat a tachycardia episode! It involves an incredibly uncomfortable IV drug that temporarily "stops" your heart, and it is not a pleasant feeling.

I really would recommend using the search function to research some questions or tips for your personal goals, and pursue your weight loss through a calorie deficit and exercise. I would also recommend dropping the money used on a Phentermine prescription on a food scale, and some cute workout clothes. Also, utilize these forums for any questions about exercise routines, food, ect. It is free.
  • Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It can be a tool, but it is not a quick fix. I've used it in the past and I lost quite a bit of weight but I felt weird all the time and I don't like not feeling like myself. Once I stopped taking it I gained back all of the weight I lost and more because I didn't make any real, long lasting changes to my life style. I would never take it again or advise a friend to take it.