Options
    Ive been making this rub a lot lately.

balsamic vinegar
    olive oil
    garlic
    cumin
    smoked paprika
    cayenne pepper (careful with this)

take a package of chicken and throw everything in a plastic bag for 4+ hours. then put it on the grill or in a pan.

chop and add to salads wraps whole wheat pasta.

the heat gets the metabolisim going a little bit extra.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Look for chicken rubs...come in lots of flavors and you can find those with low sodium too. Or, check the ingredients out and then make your own based off those. Great on the grill after being massaged with a rub. :)

Also, italian dressing, soy sauce and honey, or honey mustard is yummy.

Make with roasted veggies or a fruit salsa.

put in crockpot with low sodium, low fat cream soups and onion, garlic, carrots and celery. serve over wheat noodles or brown rice.

cook in crockpot with taco seasonings and water...shred and stuff into corn tortillas for tacos.

make shish-kabobs with cubed chicken (seasoned with cajun seasoning) and veggies and serve with a fruit salad.
  • fitjewillia
    Options
    This is also good if you add some of your favorite veggies with the casserole.
  • alb_photog
    alb_photog Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Grilled Lime Chicken

2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    2 cloves of garlic, chopped
    1/4 c soy sauce
    juice of 1 lime
    2 T freshly grated ginger root
    3/4 c oil
    black pepper to taste

Mix all ingrediants to make marinade. Marinate chicken for 30 min- 1 hour. Grill basting with marinade.
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am definitely trying some of these recipes! Sound yummy! And with summer coming.. grill, grill, grill! :)
  • roxanne90
    roxanne90 Posts: 95
    Options
    I just did chicken on the grill the other day. I used kraft low fat house italian in olive oil and marinated bonelss skinless chicken breast in it...........but I added a table spoon of mustard to the kraft dressing. (it gave it an extra zing) Then I threw them on the grill, and made sure not to over cook. Othewise they get all dryed out. LOL The whole family ate them. I was shocked.............they were soooooooooooo good. :)

OOPS then i put low fat mozzarella on top of each breast.........then a tablespoon of salsa. lol

Any left overs I sliced and threw on salad the next day.
  • Jackee357
    Jackee357 Posts: 37
    Options
    Bump
  • GinoATC
    GinoATC Posts: 60
    Options
    bump
  • bootblackblast
    Options
    When it comes to chicken condiments are my friends.

Pan sear using fruit juice instead of oil. Toss any combination of peaches, mangos, mandarin oranges, and pineapples in a food processor and toss in the pan with the chicken after chicken is about 3/4 done.

Marinate or Pan Sear with:
    Fresh Lemons, Herbs + White Wine
    Low Fat Italian Dressing
    Dijon Mustard + Soy Sauce
    Low-Fat Cream Soup as a Base
    Mushrooms + White Wine
    Stir-fry with Vegetables
    Curry - Red/Green/Yellow
    Frank's Red Hot Sauce
    BBQ Sauce - Also EXCELLENT w/Fruits from above
    Capt. Sorenson's Hot Sauce - Firehouse Subs - Also Excellent with Pineapple and Peaches
    Salsa - pick anyone of your favorites
    Peanut Butter Satay Sauce - make your own
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I like to have grilled chicken with Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce all over it.

My gosh. It's delicious. My mouth is watering right now thinking about it..
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    BUMP-thanks for all the yummy ideas!!
  • zandhmom75
    zandhmom75 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Make a wrap using high fiber tortilla, chicken breast, laughing cow cheese, spinach, red onion. You can put black beans in it, too. Or different cheese, salsa, avocado, etc. You can switch it up in lots of different ways.
  • nicmacc
    nicmacc Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    makin this one tomorrow night!!

Chicken Pizziola
    Recipe from Symply To Good To Be True cookbook

Serves: 4

4 x 140 gram chicken fillets, skin and all visible fat removed
    60 grams 97% fat free lean ham, diced
    1 cup button mushrooms, thinly sliced
    1/2 red capsicum, thinly sliced
    4 spring onions, thinly sliced
    2 tomatoes, diced
    1 teaspoon crushed garlic
    1/2 teapsoon dried basil
    cooking spray
    4 tablespoons tomato paste
    160 grams reduced fat grated tasty cheese

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

Flatten chicken breast with meat mallet.

In a bowl combine ham, mushrooms, capsicum, tomatoes, garlic and basil, mix well until combined.

Spray a baking tray with cooking spray and place raw chicken fillets on to it. Spread each fillet with 1 tablespoon of tomato paste. Place 1/4 of the pizza topping evenly over each fillet. Then sprinkle with 1/4 cup of cheese on each fillet.

Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked and topping is golden brown.

very yummy family meal. I serve with a salad. My kids call it pizza chicken. Enjoy!
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    don't think i've spotted this on here so here's my effort:

take a chicken breast and lay on a piece of foil (large enough to wrap the chicken in later) score the chicken to help the flavours get all the way in, sprinkle liberally with lemon juice (doesn't have to be fresh, i use jiff in the uk no idea if you guys have similar) then sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper as little or as much as you fancy, wrap in the foil (helps keep the juices in, making it lovely and moist) and cook in the oven for the recommended time.

i tend to serve this 1 breast per person with brown rice and green beans, but its universal and goes well in a salad too
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    don't think i've spotted this on here so here's my effort:

take a chicken breast and lay on a piece of foil (large enough to wrap the chicken in later) score the chicken to help the flavours get all the way in, sprinkle liberally with lemon juice (doesn't have to be fresh, i use jiff in the uk no idea if you guys have similar) then sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper as little or as much as you fancy, wrap in the foil (helps keep the juices in, making it lovely and moist) and cook in the oven for the recommended time.

i tend to serve this 1 breast per person with brown rice and green beans, but its universal and goes well in a salad too

I do this but with salmon - comes out very nicely :smile:
  • dkl269
    dkl269 Posts: 1
    Options
    bump
  • KCzing
    KCzing Posts: 10
    Options
    McCormick sells these little recipe packets that come with the right amount of each seasoning and then if you like the recipe you keep the card buy the spices and make it again =) I just had the rosemary chicken baked this week and it was delicious, my husband loved it too
  • danaclang
    danaclang Posts: 28
    Options
    grated fresh ginger, few squeezes of lime, low sodium soy sauce and either splenda brown sugar or regular brown sugar overnight make a great marinade!
  • supersecretsquirrel1877
    Options
    I shredd chicken for all sorts of stuff. I take a pack of breasts, trim them, place them in slow cooker with 1 cup water, 1 small onion and a couple of cloves of garlic, slow cook on low for 4 hours. Then I take a fork and shredd them. I use the chicken for everything. From making egg white/spinach/chicken omelette to putting it on my salads even making wet burritos tonight with some shredded chicken. It can be mixed with seasoning and put on sandwhiches. Has about a thousand uses and I always have some in the fridge.
  • la_traviesa36013
    Options
    Bump