New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Finally got to try the Yoplait Greek Whips strawberry cheesecake. It doesn't taste like cheesecake but it's really delicious and it's very satisfying for 100 calories. Must try the other flavors!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Not really a product, but we ordered Pizza Hut for the first time in ages the other night and got the Garlic Butter and Cheddar crusts. The Garlic Butter was pretty good but the cheddar wasn't sharp enough and didn't really add anything to the pizza. And we got Peruvian cherry peppers on one, which probably would have been really good with the Honey Sriracha crust but were just too out-of-place on a regular pizza. I like sweet and sour things, but only in context.

I haven't ordered from Pizza Hut in a couple of years but wow it sounds like they have REALLY changed/expanded their options...I actually checked your profile assuming you must be in the UK, at first!

• liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    I haven't tried the Oikos Apple Pie, but I'll have to, now!

Update: The Chobani Salted Caramel Flip was only meh. Not enough salt to balance out the sweet, so why bother? Also, not very caramel-y. Good, but not what I was hoping for. I also tried one of the Oikos(?) Triple Zero yogurts- Coconut Creme. Not impressed. No added sugar PLUS no artificial sweeteners made it a bit too tart for me. That plus fat free . . . just too much of nothing. I don't really care about either sugar or artificial sweeteners, so I'll stick to my regular Yoplaits and Chobanis.
  • Francl27
    I haven't tried the Oikos Apple Pie, but I'll have to, now!

Update: The Chobani Salted Caramel Flip was only meh. Not enough salt to balance out the sweet, so why bother? Also, not very caramel-y. Good, but not what I was hoping for. I also tried one of the Oikos(?) Triple Zero yogurts- Coconut Creme. Not impressed. No added sugar PLUS no artificial sweeteners made it a bit too tart for me. That plus fat free . . . just too much of nothing. I don't really care about either sugar or artificial sweeteners, so I'll stick to my regular Yoplaits and Chobanis.

Good to know about the Triple Zero. I'll probably still try it but at least I'll know what to expect.

I liked the Yoplait Cinnamon Roll, but I still don't like them as much as Oikos as a whole (or the whips. I think they're my favorite thing now).
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    I haven't gotten around to trying the whip yet- do you find it as filling as the regular Greek yogurts? I'm kind of afraid of it, because the container feels like nothing but air.
  • Francl27
    I haven't gotten around to trying the whip yet- do you find it as filling as the regular Greek yogurts? I'm kind of afraid of it, because the container feels like nothing but air.

Well Greek yogurts alone are honestly not filling for me anyway, and I typically have something else with them, so I can't really tell you. I found it more satisfying though, for some reason.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    soylent, straight curious now after talking to a friend who did it for an extended period.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    dbmata wrote: »
    soylent, straight curious now after talking to a friend who did it for an extended period.

I'd be curious as to your thoughts if you give it a try. :) I'm too chicken. LOL

• spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    I noticed the whipped greek yogurts have less protein grams and more carbs in them. I was looking at them last night trying to figure out the difference in the strawberry shortcake one and the whipped strawberry shortcake one. Needless to say, I went with the no whipped one for more protein and less carbs!
  • spfldpam
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ok I found something worth mentioning. The same company that makes Vitatop makes mini loaves called EnergyLoaf. I bought two kinds, banana nut bread and cornbread, had the cornbread tonight and it was really good. It has great macros too - 110 calories, 5g of protein, 8g of fiber. Same size as a standard cornbread (which are usually what... 200+ calories?). The only issue obviously is that even at 40% off it was $3 for the box of 4, so it's probably not going to be a repeat purchase unless it's on sale again.

I wondered if they were any good. I used to get the vita tops muffin tops mixes and make them at home when I could find them up in Chicago at the Jewel stores. Now they don't even carry them so I have to order them online and pay for shipping. The muffin top mixes are cheaper than buying the 4 pack frozen ones for like $5 a box. I have wondered about the Vita Pizza's too.
  • spfldpam
    Poptarts that are red velvet. I bought a box for my boyfriend's stocking stuffer. I ate one this week, they were ok. I hadn't eaten any pop tarts in years and one was so sweet. If I am going to consume almost 200 calories I rather have a red velvet cupcake to be honest! They have red velvet ice cream out there too but I've not tried it.
  • GolfsOften
    GolfsOften Posts: 22 Member
    I've recently taken a liking to the KIND bars.
  • Francl27
    GolfsOften wrote: »

I love Kind bars!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    GolfsOften wrote: »

I love Kind bars!

My boyfriend bought one variety (don't remember which kind), and I thought they were horrible. Kind of slightly flavored cardboard. Not my think, but if I'm going to eat a bar, I tend to gravitate towards protein bars anyways.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Raynne413 wrote: »

I'd be curious as to your thoughts if you give it a try. :) I'm too chicken. LOL

It's a 6 month wait from time of purchase until fulfillment, I'm trying to DIY approach. Interesting puzzle.
  • Francl27
    spfldpam wrote: »
    Ok I found something worth mentioning. The same company that makes Vitatop makes mini loaves called EnergyLoaf. I bought two kinds, banana nut bread and cornbread, had the cornbread tonight and it was really good. It has great macros too - 110 calories, 5g of protein, 8g of fiber. Same size as a standard cornbread (which are usually what... 200+ calories?). The only issue obviously is that even at 40% off it was $3 for the box of 4, so it's probably not going to be a repeat purchase unless it's on sale again.

I wondered if they were any good. I used to get the vita tops muffin tops mixes and make them at home when I could find them up in Chicago at the Jewel stores. Now they don't even carry them so I have to order them online and pay for shipping. The muffin top mixes are cheaper than buying the 4 pack frozen ones for like $5 a box. I have wondered about the Vita Pizza's too.

I had the banana nut one too. It was pretty good for the calories. But yeah, not filling at all, but I guess it's to be expected from those things.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    I have recently started getting the Kind Chocholte / Cranberry bars. Great preworkout snack.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Raynne413 wrote: »

It's a 6 month wait from time of purchase until fulfillment, I'm trying to DIY approach. Interesting puzzle.

Good luck!!!
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Woats! A food blogger I follow on Instagram has posted several photos of them. I am tempted to buy and try.