Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    jmacok wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Great Job!!! I keep reminding myself that that place is McDeaths for a reason. Makes it easier not to stop by there. Keep up the great work.

McDeath's? Really? Care to elaborate?

I call it McDeath's due to the fact that it is fast food and to conquer the temptation to go there, I started calling it McDeath's know it would kill all the hard work I put in during my workouts. Burger King is Body Killer, Sonic is Sodium, etc... Just ways to keep me on track. Yes I will cave in once in a great while and have something from one of those places

That's the thing though. A meal won't kill your hard work. I certainly didn't gain back my 69 pounds because I had an Egg McMuffin yesterday.............

That's very true, it won't. But it has helped me make better food choices considering my busy schedule during the school year with classes and coaching. Plus it allows me to set an example for my students and athletes.

I guess that entirely depends on what "better food choices" means to you, personally.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Great job. You have great self control. Please ignore all the negative comments. some people just don't know how to say good job when it's needed. You did something that made you feel great about yourself. So way to go Mrs Mallory :-)

Thank you!

And to clarify, this was a huge deal because I had already planned out my day of food and only had 7 calories left so I had NO room for a sausage mcmuffin and a delicious salty hashbrown....

thanks for those who supported! Today I have room for a McDouble and you better believe I'll be adding that on!!

If this information had of been included in the OP this thread would have went in a whole different direction.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Meh. McDonald's tastes like crap. I don't eat cheeseburgers, but if I want a great turkey burger, I'm not going to McDonald's. Mooyah, Five Guys, or even Red Robin. Pretty much the same price too.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Meh. McDonald's tastes like crap. I don't eat cheeseburgers, but if I want a great turkey burger, I'm not going to McDonald's. Mooyah, Five Guys, or even Red Robin. Pretty much the same price too.

no such thing as a great turkey burger....
  • asdowe13
    Options

Taste is preference. I for one love cheeseburgers. I prefer my homemade over MCD's, but McD's is still delicious to me. and of course you won't go to McDonalds for a Turkey Burger.....they don't offer a turkey burger
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Good for you avoiding that rotgut stuff.

My wife regularly treats herself to a couple of McDonald's sausage/egg biscuits on Saturdays. Even though I am driving, I just hand them over to her. That stuff doesn't appeal to me at all.

I only consider fast food places as road food. It is something I will eat when traveling, and there is no time to sit and eat real food.
  • ndj1979
    Options

My wife regularly treats herself to a couple of McDonald's sausage/egg biscuits on Saturdays. Even though I am driving, I just hand them over to her. That stuff doesn't appeal to me at all.

I only consider fast food places as road food. It is something I will eat when traveling, and there is no time to sit and eat real food.

so fast food is not real? Is it zero calories too???
  • mrsmalloryevers
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Why do you keep poking at people? He's just saying he doesn't enjoy fast food. Good for him!

• MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I dont understand why people need to torture them selves. i would have had the fries and the pie as long as i maintain my cico i can eat what i want.

Some people just don't like McDonald's. They aren't torturing themselves.

When I made this statement I am referring to all foods in general. As long as you keep your CICO in check you can eat pretty much anything unless there are medical reasons involved. If I want a donut I will have a donut. If I want a salad loaded with everything including feta cheese (which I love) I will have it because I can. You can gain weight on what you deem healthy food just as easy on food you deemed non-healthy.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Why do you keep poking at people? He's just saying he doesn't enjoy fast food. Good for him!

he said it is fake...I want to know where I can get some of this fake, zero calorie food...
  • beemerphile1
    Options

Depends on the definition of "real food". Fast food comes from a food factory where highly researched assortments of chemicals/ingredients are combined to be addictive and cheap with nourishment as an afterthought. Those ingredients are then combined with artificial coloring and compressed into shapes that somewhat resemble food.

"Real food" comes from a garden/farm and is easily recognizable as food.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Ha ha......nice job. That being said, McDonalds is ewwwwwwwwwww
  • asdowe13
    Options

Not liking the food is one thing.
    Claiming it is unreal is a whole other ball game.

Fast food is real food.
    It can just as easily be a part of a healthy diet as an unhealthy diet.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Depends on the definition of "real food". Fast food comes from a food factory where highly researched assortments of chemicals/ingredients are combined to be addictive and cheap with nourishment as an afterthought. Those ingredients are then combined with artificial coloring and compressed into shapes that somewhat resemble food.

interesting..

so kraft mac n cheese is fake? how about whole wheat pasta in a box? What about triscuits..???

so a burger at mcdonalds is fake too???

got ya ..
  • asdowe13
    Options

can you list the addictive chemicals or ingrediants?
    Food isn't addictive.
    Food is food - it's all real! Boxes, bags, gardens everything I eat is real, since i don't eat my daughters plastic food that came with her play kitchen set - Now that is fake food.

Your so called definition is horrible and has the makings of issues with food, and disordered eating.

• beemerphile1
    edited January 2015
    Options
    adowe wrote: »

Food isn't addictive.
    Food is food - it's all real! Boxes, bags, gardens everything I eat is real, since i don't eat my daughters plastic food that came with her play kitchen set - Now that is fake food.

Your so called definition is horrible and has the makings of issues with food, and disordered eating.

high amounts of sugar, salt, fat, preservatives, artificial colorings, preservatives

I have no further comment for anyone that could consider fast food to be "healthy" food.

Is there anyone really so naive as to not realize it is all formulated to keep you coming back for more? The fast food giants spend millions of dollars coming up with just the right blend of ingredients to keep you addicted and coming back for more.

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

So wrong. Try one at the places I suggested. And when I did eat red meat, I still went to those places. Fantastic burgers. Oh, I forgot Twisted Root. So many better options than McDonald's with fresher ingredients and the price is about the same (a sad fact).
  • ndj1979
    Options

Food isn't addictive.

high amounts of sugar, salt, fat, preservatives, artificial colorings, preservatives

I have no further comment for anyone that could consider fast food to be "healthy" food.

so you get called on it, have no backup, and just bail ...got ya...

let me break it down for you. Food is not healthy or unhealthy. What matters is over diet, context of said diet, dosage, and hitting ones calorie/macro/micro goal.

so yes, you can eat fast food, hit your macro/micro/calorie goals and in the context of an overall diet, it will be "healthy". Dosage is what matters, no individual food type.
  • ndj1979
    Options

So wrong. Try one at the places I suggested. And when I did eat red meat, I still went to those places. Fantastic burgers. Oh, I forgot Twisted Root. So many better options than McDonald's with fresher ingredients and the price is about the same (a sad fact).

McDonalds does not serve turkey burgers, so it can't be included as a comparison point...and I will stick to actual hamburgers...with you know, beef...
  • asdowe13
    Options

Food isn't addictive.

Is there anyone really so naive as to not realize it is all formulated to keep you coming back for more? The fast food giants spend millions of dollars coming up with just the right blend of ingredients to keep you addicted and coming back for more.

Sugar - not addictive - required by the body
    Salt - not addictive - required by the body
    Fat - not addictive - required by the body
    Preservatives - not addictive - helps keep food from rotting - not a bad thing
    artificial colourings - not addictive - makes food look more appealing - not a bad thing

I eat it when I want it. It's a convenience food.

McDonald's can very easily be part of a healthy diet. Your naive if you think otherwise.
    Food is not addictive.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!