Vibrating machines?

Options
Have anyone successful lost some weight using vibration machine?

I've recently got one and have been doing it on and off for 2 months. I did notice some inches loss on my waist and arms. But I'm not losing any weight, in fact gained some. Does anyone have similar experience? :)

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I was expecting a different topic...

In all seriousness, if you want to lose weight, cut out the gimmicks. Eat at a deficit.

If you want to improve your body composition, do some actual exercise.

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »

Yep. This thread disappoints.

But no, they don't work. Eating less calories is all you need. Don't waste money on that kind of crap.

• Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have a vibrating machine that always gets me sweaty and out of breath lol :wink: But no, I don't think those machines are worth the time unless you have medical reasons to use them.
  • itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Did you gain diameter?
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

In all seriousness, if you want to lose weight, cut out the gimmicks. Eat at a deficit.

If you want to improve your body composition, do some actual exercise.

Gonna have to second all of this, especially that first part. I was sadly let down upon opening this thread.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Codilee87 wrote: »
    I have a vibrating machine that always gets me sweaty and out of breath lol :wink: But no, I don't think those machines are worth the time unless you have medical reasons to use them.

You need a medical reason to use them? Funny... I always thought they were self prescribed! :-p
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Codilee87 wrote: »

You need a medical reason to use them? Funny... I always thought they were self prescribed! :-p

I have self-prescribed it for my own mental health lol
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    The things people will do rather than exercise.

Are you surprised?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about the person who logged self-pleasuring as exercise.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Funny story, "vibrating machines" were invented for medical purposes. Doctors used them to help calm women's *ahem* hysterical conditions.
  • Kelly79L
    Kelly79L Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My gym instructor got me doing step up squats on the vibration plate and I've noticed a big difference in the appearance of my legs/bum but it won't help you lose weight, just increase tone
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I can see where vibration might increase calories burned because you have to fight against the vibration, but I doubt it is enough to provide significant results.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options

But no, they don't work. Eating less calories is all you need. Don't waste money on that kind of crap.
    This ^^

You are a funny guy
    I can see where vibration might increase calories burned because you have to fight against the vibration, but I doubt it is enough to provide significant results.

• yopeeps025
    Options

This ^^

You are a funny guy

Yes he is ^^

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    jiFfM.jpg

So... we're back to this now, then, is it?

Fat-Belt-3.jpg

What the fark is wrong with humanity?

• yopeeps025
    Options
    Tinabob777 wrote: »
    OP- The 1950's called. They want their machine back. But really, why wouldn't you just eat at a deficit and workout? I bet that machine wasn't cheap.

Well that takes work.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    The first commercial gym I ever visited (high school? middle school?) had one of those. To think that I'm actually old enough to have seen one of these being used as "exercise equipment" makes me want to cry. LOL

lei8aje3gep7.jpg