Spices, salt/ pepper.
  • Cinnamonhuskies
    Cinnamonhuskies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Black tea, coffee or diet pop.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I don't log water or coffee or tea, but do log the creamers that go in to things. I don't log mustard or pickles or any sort of spice.
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't bother to log is communion wine/bread
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I quick add 100 calories every morning to account for miniscule calorie amounts in artificial sweeteners, diet soda, vinegar, sugar free gum, etc. It's surely not accurate, one way or the other, but it keeps me from obsessing.

I do log creamer/tea additives, salad dressings, various sauces, and my beloved ketchup (so sorry, so American).

I like this!
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I log everything that passes my lips!
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I don't usually log all zero-cal stuff like added salt, pepper, artificial sweetener, diet drinks, and spices.

Once in a while I might eat an extra bit of something like a handful of my kid's popcorn or maybe small square of chocolate when it is late and I can't be bothered to fire up the website or the app. Or an extra cup of tea or coffee with a shot of 2% milk. I don't think it throws my weekly numbers off by more than a couple hundred cals, so I don't worry about it, since I don't usually eat all exercise cals back either.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I don't log Hot Sauce, Pickles, Salt/Pepper, most spices unless I use a ton, pan spray oil, or Diet Coke.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Or gum. It's sugar free and I might have 2 pieces a day...
  • mccully
    mccully Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't log coffee/tea (both black), zero calorie drinks, vinegar, spices (unless I've put it into the recipe calculator), lemon/lime juice, vitamins, tiny tastes/licks while cooking (unless it's more than just a "taste" and I am trying to cut out as many of those as possible). I also am not super picky about measurements on veggies.
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    For instance, I put a little bit of creamer in my tea in the morning, but I don't log it. I also don't log ketchup, hot sauce, and mustard.

Thoughts?

The creamer I use is sugar free, fat free and has 15 calories per Tablespoon and I don't use a full serving.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I log everything except water - even diet sodas, sugar free gum, mustard - everything else. If you don't, you could be off by 50 to 100 calories or more - most condiments do have calories too.
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't log in is hot sauce. Everything else I do.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I don't log my coffee, tea, stevia, or the creamer for my coffee. Instead of doing the quick add for calories, I simply reduced my calorie goal by 50. That covers me and allows me to just enjoy my coffee and start the logging process when I'm fully awake, and functioning with all gears! I very rarely use condiments, and for the ones I use, I only log the mayo because I know me, and I will totally underestimate how much I'm using cuz I LIKE my mayo :smiley:
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I don't log salt and pepper I use while cooking, though I do log other seasoning spices like chilli powder that contain calories. However, when I was really tracking my sodium in the past, I did log salt. On rare occasion when I use sweetener, I don't log it. Also, if my boyfriend makes himself something to eat that I'm not partaking in, but I want a bite to try it, I don't log that either. Everything else I weigh and log, except for lettuce which I just eyeball.

I would suggest you log ketchup. If you're putting a good amount on fries and a burger for example, you could not be accounting for 60-100 calories easily.
  • hlhutch91
    hlhutch91 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I try to be very honest & log in everything! I'm afraid it I start "neglecting" to I will slack on becoming accountable. I really need to know what I am eating & how it is effecting my eating habits.
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I don't log soy sauce or wasabi. I don't log water. I don't log sips of my husband's cocktails, and I don't log food that I only have a taste of.

Otherwise, I weigh and measure every food I eat.

I have gotten in the habit of writing a recipe out, including all the calories and macros, then dividing by X serving size so I know exactly how much I am eating.

If I wait until after I've made the recipe and eaten it, I'm never positive that I am logging it accurately.

Also, if I calculate the recipe and the calories per serving size are more than I'm willing to spend, then I don't make it (oatmeal chocolate chip brownies, I'm looking at you). I've found this to be a very good way to make sure I don't make foods that I would then struggle with.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    If it has calories, I log it. You will be astonished at how some things add up. If you're stalled in weight loss, that's the first place you should look -- logging accuracy of every single thing that goes in your mouth.