I'm here so I won't get fined.

Options
13»

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    so this is ok but Barry Bonds in a villain...
  • ColleenZ101
    Options
    LOL - We do miss him in Buffalo....
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Ooohhh it's a football thing.... ok, when I was watching the news this morning the weatherman said the phrase everyone laughed and I was just lost wondering what was so funny about that. Now it makes sense.

I watched and didn't laugh. It was weird, and boring. But at least I got an explanation, so thanks. :ohwell:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Ooohhh it's a football thing.... ok, when I was watching the news this morning the weatherman said the phrase everyone laughed and I was just lost wondering what was so funny about that. Now it makes sense.

I watched and didn't laugh. It was weird, and boring. But at least I got an explanation, so thanks. :ohwell:

You are missing some background too. He might get fined for
    gold cleats
    wearing a beast mode hat

He has been fined for:
    grabbing crotch during touchdown celebrations.

• acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I love ❤ me some marshawn lynch, but it irks me that even its stated clearly in his contract, in every NFL players contract, that he makes himself available to the media, he has a problem doing it. Yes every week that man puts his body on the line, but doing talking to the media is also part of his job, and how he continues to earn the big bucks. We all have aspects of our job we don't like, but we do it because that's we are paid to do, and he gets paid millions to play football and talk to the media. He needs to realize without the media hype keeping people informed and interested, football would not be the powerhouse it is today. So at the end of the day Marshawn do your job!!
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    acquilla30 wrote: »
    I love ❤ me some marshawn lynch, but it irks me that even its stated clearly in his contract, in every NFL players contract, that he makes himself available to the media, he has a problem doing it. Yes every week that man puts his body on the line, but doing talking to the media is also part of his job, and how he continues to earn the big bucks. We all have aspects of our job we don't like, but we do it because that's we are paid to do, and he gets paid millions to play football and talk to the media. He needs to realize without the media hype keeping people informed and interested, football would not be the powerhouse it is today. So at the end of the day Marshawn do your job!!

He is doing his job though. What he says to the media is on him but he is doing interviews. Just in a while funny way. Watch his Superbowl interviews last year? He is not like Sherman who will speak his mind. He got some funny interviews too.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    If he doesnt want to be interviewed i just dont understand why the NFL makes him
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    acquilla30 wrote: »

He is doing his job though. What he says to the media is on him but he is doing interviews. Just in a while funny way. Watch his Superbowl interviews last year? He is not like Sherman who will speak his mind. He got some funny interviews too.

I'm a huge Seahawks fan and yup I watched his interviews last year. I get it he is a man of few words and is about that action but still I think its a cop-out, a funny cop-out though. I love Sherman he doesn't mince words and loves calling people out like he did with Peyton Manning last year lol. Can't wait for the Superbowl. Go Seahawks!!
  • 1Hunie
    1Hunie Posts: 176
    Options
    He is doing his job. He is speaking to the media. He's just not saying what they want to hear.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    1Hunie wrote: »
    He is doing his job. He is speaking to the media. He's just not saying what they want to hear.

exactly. You know what that is called in this world "Making a statement."
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    If he doesnt want to be interviewed i just dont understand why the NFL makes him

It is in his contract. So he is there so he won't get fined.
  • Honeysuckle3
    Honeysuckle3 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Haha! I liked how he changed it up a little. I think Deion Sanders thought he would be able to get him to say something else.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    All publicity is good publicity. Look at "Miley", the twerky, Cyrus.

miley-cyrus-twerky-gif.gif