Drink Your Breakfast

Options

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    What worked for me was eating a large variety of breakfast foods. Pancakes, French Toast, Eggs, Bacon, Cereals, Oatmeals with fruits, etc. If it's yummy, I eat it.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I have a medium clementine (or 2 small ones) and a Trader Joe's dupe Simply Cashews, Almonds, and Chocolate Trek Mix (it's only 3 ingredients, so it's cheaper for me to just make it at home, plus the one I make is a little less calories.
  • kim_m_kk
    kim_m_kk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I often drink my breakfast - but not fruit smoothie as I don't eat fruit - I don't really like most of it. I make a kind of Frappuccino protein coffee drink. Works for me - and it usually takes me a while to drink it. Actually it is 10:57 and I am still drinking this mornings drink. It works for me.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I like meat in the morning. B)
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Yes I shall drink my breakfast...

tumblr_m8wmtj5uqw1qzqwamo1_500.gif

PRMinx wrote: »

thats-what-she-said.jpg
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I can't have just a smoothie for breakfast. When it gets warmer (I hate cold things in the winter), I have a smoothie and something else. Only time I'll have a smoothie by itself is if I'm full but need a light meal to finish off my day.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

thats-what-she-said.jpg
    BAHAHAHAH

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I drink my breakfast too...in the form of strong black coffee. :) Then I get hungry around 10 am so I have a Greek yogurt. Then I get hungry again around noon and have some kind of protein bar. By the time I'm ready for lunch I've had about 200 calories, 20 g protein, 25 g carbs, 8 g fat. No way I could use up 700 cals for a liquid breakfast and still lose weight. Glad it works for you, though.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

thats-what-she-said.jpg

*giggle*
  • KarenE86
    KarenE86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I feel nausous if I eat a lot in the morning so I have a make a protein shake every day and it works for me. I use 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 scoop of greenwise chocolate protein powder, 2 tablespoons of PB2 and 1/2 a banana.
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I also drink my breakfast. I make a smoothie and it takes me about an hour + to finish it. It has greek yogurt, berries, almond milk and a Crystal light energy packet. Since it takes me a while to consume it, I feel satisfied and don't tend to snack.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    To each their own.

I don't like to drink my calories. Sometimes I'll have a glass of milk and I do sweeten my coffee, but neither are an everyday thing for me. I certainly wouldn't feel satisfied with a completely liquid meal.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    I rather eat food as drinks never keep me full for longer than 30 minutes.... besides fruits and veggies lose nutrients when you blend it. But I am glad it worked for you.

Do you have a source for that where I could learn more ...or even an idea of how much (percentage wise is lost)?

Is this true if you don't blend long/high enough to produce heat? Or if you consume directly after blending to avoid excess oxidation?
  • klbrowser
    klbrowser Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies occasionally, no more than once a week because they are high in sugar. My fave is one cup mango, one cup nonfat milk, a half cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt and a bit of Splenda for sweetening. My other go-to is one-fourth cup crushed almonds, one cup strawberries, one cup nonfat milk, one teaspoon of vanilla extract and a bit of Splenda. When I have one of these, I'll also have a veggie for "dessert" to provide solid food to chew.
  • NateMcG76
    NateMcG76 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking my breakfast for a while now.

3 cups Kale
    2 cups Spinach
    2 stalks Celery
    1 Carrot
    1 Tomato
    1 clove Garlic
    Half a Beet
    Handful of Parsley
    1 Tbls Ground Flax seeds
    1 Tbls Ground Chia seeds
    2 tsp Turmeric
    Lots of water

Throw it all in my Ninja and blend away. Eat an ounce of walnuts or almonds while I wait. Makes about 64 Oz of drink. I consider it one serving. :-)

Oh.. and yes it does taste like *kitten*... but I wasn't going for flavor.

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    tedrickp wrote: »
    psulemon wrote: »
    I rather eat food as drinks never keep me full for longer than 30 minutes.... besides fruits and veggies lose nutrients when you blend it. But I am glad it worked for you.

Do you have a source for that where I could learn more ...or even an idea of how much (percentage wise is lost)?

Is this true if you don't blend long/high enough to produce heat? Or if you consume directly after blending to avoid excess oxidation?

I'm curious too.

I know that you lose nutrients (like fiber) by juicing. But if you're just chopping whole fruits/veggies and dropping them into the blender, how does blending remove anything? Where do they go?
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I used to eat, literally every day, pasta for breakfast. Aaaand I weighted 275. Now, every other day I drink a smoothie for breakfast (the other days I have 2 scrambled eggs and toast). That's the most drastic change I've made to my diet, and I've dropped 85 pounds since February.

Here's my smoothie:

1 cup skim milk
    1 banana
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    some ice cubes
    2 tablespoons of PB2 powdered peanutbutter

It's awesome and filling and under 300 calories. Boom!
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I definitely eat less during the day if I have a decent breakfast with some protein and not too many carbs.

My go-to breakfast is 3 strips turkey bacon (75 cal), one poached egg (70 cal), and if I'm still hungry, a Source yogurt or a handful of berries (40 cal): total 145 - 180.

The smoothie described here is not even remotely filling and has way too many calories for my goals. If I were to make one it would have a cup of almond milk (40), 1 source yogurt (35), 5 frozen strawberries (40), and a scoop of protein powder (120). Total 235. Yummy and sweet, but not as filling as my normal breakfast.
  • ayla_lynn12
    Options
    According to MFP my smoothie in the morning is 288 calories.

1 whole banana
    1 cup blueberries
    1 1/2 cup strawberries
    3 tbls lemon juice
    1/2 cup water.

This is a hugeeeee glass of smoothie, it fills me up, and allows me to get somewhere near my potassium level for the day (which I personally find really hard).

Sometimes I skip the smoothie and have Oats with a little flavoured honey, but for the most part I drink my breakfast.