Are there things you don't log?

Options

Replies

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I don't log lettuce,but do log everything added,including dressing.Water,spices,tea,coffee,diet soda,.If eating out,take my own oil/ vinegar dressing ..... Always count olive oil,not the rice or red wine vinegar. Guess that is it.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I don't log soy sauce (I'm not watching my sodium), hot sauce, mustard, spices. I would log the creamer though. I do log my coffee and diet drinks but it's more from habit than anything.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Water, spices, etc I don't log.

Occasionally if at the end of the day I see I'm 100 calories short, I'll grab a quick snack as I'm crawling into bed and not log it.
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    People saying black pepper should log it, it has cals.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    tea, dijon mustard, cinnamon, pepper and other spices, vinegar, lemon juice, stevia
  • kissa714
    kissa714 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I always log condiments. I don't log water and gum/mints :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    MrsR0SE wrote: »
    The only thing I don't bother to log is communion wine/bread

:D

Guilt-free, at least, though not completely calorie-free :p
  • Lambrah
    Lambrah Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i dont log exercise due to the inconsistent nature of it.
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Spices, black coffee, tea, and gum.
  • Bukeelaka
    Bukeelaka Posts: 70
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Just water & vitamins
    edit: I also don't log workouts
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I log creamer, as it has calories. Same for ketchup and mayo. But I don't log mustard.
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    See, I'll log condiments simply because of the sodium. While mustard is generally minuscule on calories, ketchup is about 15 to 20 per tablespoon, in addition to the sodium...but that is just me....
  • Crysty2010
    Crysty2010 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I log it all - down to my A-1 and Green Hot Sauce.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I don't log spices, my multivitamin, or tea. I imagine that when I'm doing unlogged squats while waiting for my coffee, those are my basil calories.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    herbs and spices.
    I don't always log mustard or hot sauce. But I log all other condiments. Ketchup, ranch, honey mustard etc. all have plenty of calories.
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    When I make bacon wrapped water chestnuts, I ony log 1/4 the marinade. I've tried weighing it before and after I've soaked the chestnuts in it to figure out the correct % to use, but it ends up weighing more after I've taken the chestnuts out. I guess the salt in the soy sauce and cooking causes water to come out of the water chestnuts into the marinade? - and yes, I froze and removed the bacon fat before the second weight.

I log communion wine and wafer, using entries I found on MFP - 10 cal. total.
  • tigerlily_
    tigerlily_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't log diet drinks, hot sauce (unless I have a LOT of it), herbs and spices, and I don't accurately log tea and coffee, I put 4 cups a day which I think is about my average. Life's too short and I'm still losing weight :)
  • airmedic8
    airmedic8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I dont log fruits and veggies......GASP
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything that will be less than five calories. A half-leaf of lettuce on a sandwich, a paper-thin tomato slice on my morning egg, coffee (but I do log the creamer) and tea, a tiny taste of dinner as I'm cooking, a tablespoon of diced onion in a single serving of stir-fry.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Black coffee (if I have a cappuccino I log the milk), tea, herbs and dry spices, vitamins. Oh and water, not an issue for me.

I do log all ingredients in my recipes though, even if only 5 cals, because I've started to use the recipe tool as a sort of cookbook/reminder not to forget any ingredient in my dishes :)