Spiralizer spiralizing recipe ideas inspiration

Options

Replies

• lak200
    lak200 Posts: 26
    Options
    What brand/type do you suggest? Sorry if I missed something above... I've wanted one for quite awhile but am lost in which one works best. Thanks for the recipe sites :)

this is the one i have and recommend to everyone that asks - there is a 4 blade one that is newer but i've not heard good reports about it - it's too tall and not as sturdy. i know other people that have gone with the more expensive ones but i use this at least 3 times a week and have had it for a lil over a year ... no issues and soooo very worth the money.

http://www.amazon.com/Paderno-World-Cuisine-A4982799-Tri-Blade/dp/B0007Y9WHQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422388924&sr=8-1&keywords=paderno
  • fatguy_fitness
    fatguy_fitness Posts: 195 Member
    Options
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    lak200 wrote: »
    What brand/type do you suggest? Sorry if I missed something above... I've wanted one for quite awhile but am lost in which one works best. Thanks for the recipe sites :)

this is the one i have and recommend to everyone that asks - there is a 4 blade one that is newer but i've not heard good reports about it - it's too tall and not as sturdy. i know other people that have gone with the more expensive ones but i use this at least 3 times a week and have had it for a lil over a year ... no issues and soooo very worth the money.

http://www.amazon.com/Paderno-World-Cuisine-A4982799-Tri-Blade/dp/B0007Y9WHQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422388924&sr=8-1&keywords=paderno

Thank you SO very much for your input... read some reviews online and yours definitely sounds like the better of the two. Looking forward to ordering it next week or seeing if I can find one local.

I swear I replied to you last night I remember clicking preview...maybe I forgot to hit post reply after. lol

Thanks again, so much. It's much easier to have others share brands that work for them than have to try a bunch out that don't work. :)
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    all kinds of veggies! apples for fruit salads! so many options. i like to make veggie rice. check out inspiralized.com for tons of recipes
  • lak200
    Options
    Thank you SO very much for your input... read some reviews online and yours definitely sounds like the better of the two. Looking forward to ordering it next week or seeing if I can find one local.

I swear I replied to you last night I remember clicking preview...maybe I forgot to hit post reply after. lol

Thanks again, so much. It's much easier to have others share brands that work for them than have to try a bunch out that don't work. :)

you're very welcome - seriously one of the most used items in my kitchen!

spiralized recipes are getting easier and easier to find - everyone is getting on the wagon! ;)
  • ryanbrowning115
    ryanbrowning115 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that has no idea what that is!? Googling it now! Seems like something i should have in my kitchen.
  • mjnoliver
    mjnoliver Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I bought my spiralizer from Lakeland ... Really pleased with it! Just need to try all the fabulous recipe suggestions :-)
  • notabay
    notabay Posts: 26 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    This is an awesome thread. I just bought a cheap hand held one from Walmart. I was thinking after I bought it, "I am never going to use this thing" and then I came across your post. Everyone's comments have inspired me to make some tasty dishes with it. Thanks for sharing. :)
  • superraachel
    superraachel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    http://www.inspiralized.com/

Tons of recipes on here!

Thanks for this!

I was inspired to order the the popular Paderno Tri Blade after seeing all of the zoodles on the skinnytaste site. It's supposed to arrive today!!! I love me some kitchen gadgetry, and am always looking for new recipes. Now I just have the issue of what to make first!?
  • mjnoliver
    mjnoliver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    notabay wrote: »
    This is an awesome thread. I just bought a cheap hand held one from Walmart. I was thinking after I bought it, "I am never going to use this thing" and then I came across your post. Everyone's comments have inspired me to make some tasty dishes with it. Thanks for sharing. :)

Pleasure!! Glad you are as happy as I am with the discovery of sipralizing! It is awesome!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Made this tonight-> budgetbytes.com/2011/07/taco-chicken-bowls/ I had it over zucchini noodles instead of rice.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I make Pho with my Spiralizer. I add zucchini "zoodles" to Pho broth, Pacific makes an excellent one, ready made.

The Zoodles taste just like rice noodles.
  • Hearts_2015
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Am I the only one that has no idea what that is!? Googling it now! Seems like something i should have in my kitchen.
    @ryanbrowning115 So? Have you ordered one for your kitchen yet? ;)

I'm ordering one from Amazon when I get paid on Tues. Soooooo excited with all these great posts with ideas and tips and tricks...

Thanks everyone for all the great input :)

Particularly @lak200 for details on the best one to get! ;)

I agree it is an awesome thread <3
  • lak200
    Options
    I'm ordering one from Amazon when I get paid on Tues. Soooooo excited with all these great posts with ideas and tips and tricks...

Thanks everyone for all the great input :)

Particularly @lak200 for details on the best one to get! ;)

I agree it is an awesome thread <3
    [/quote]

@Hearts_2015‌ - YAY!!! i get excited for folks to discover the great things they can make w/a spiralizer!! can't wait to hear how you like it!! start looking for the 'thicker' carrots, parsnips, zucchinni- easier to spiralize!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    @lak200 Thanks! Somehow I missed this message...

I'm excited too :) Ok, I'll be on the lookout! ;)
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    TrinNZ wrote: »
    I recently got into making sughetti (zucchini spaghetti) and i LOVE it! I just use a mandolin and it works out great. I don't cook my noodles, just add a cooked sauce, or even raw is awesome. I made a sauce last night using 2 small acorn squash (baked in the oven) 1 clove of garlic, half a cup of low fat gourmet cottage cheese, parsley, fresh basil, chilli powder and a little salt. Blended up in my magic bullet. Added some chopped red pepper and poured the sauce over my sughetti (made from 2 medium zucchini). Sooo good! Tasty, healthy and filling.

You can make a super tasty marinara sauce using a handful of cherry tomatoes, some sundried tomatoes (not in oil), a garlic clove, herbs and spices and a few dates. Pulse in the food processor. It's AMAZING! Add some chopped kale, red pepper and top with sprouts...yum!

I have a silly question... how does the mandolin work? I have one but I never use it. I used it once to slice potatoes into chips...
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    TrinNZ wrote: »
    I recently got into making sughetti (zucchini spaghetti) and i LOVE it! I just use a mandolin and it works out great. I don't cook my noodles, just add a cooked sauce, or even raw is awesome. I made a sauce last night using 2 small acorn squash (baked in the oven) 1 clove of garlic, half a cup of low fat gourmet cottage cheese, parsley, fresh basil, chilli powder and a little salt. Blended up in my magic bullet. Added some chopped red pepper and poured the sauce over my sughetti (made from 2 medium zucchini). Sooo good! Tasty, healthy and filling.

You can make a super tasty marinara sauce using a handful of cherry tomatoes, some sundried tomatoes (not in oil), a garlic clove, herbs and spices and a few dates. Pulse in the food processor. It's AMAZING! Add some chopped kale, red pepper and top with sprouts...yum!

some great ideas to try out, thanks :)
  • Hearts_2015
    edited March 2015
    Options
    http://www.inspiralized.com/2014/03/21/mason-jar-zucchini-noodle-salads/

Glancing at a Mason jar salad site I came across this one above.

Mason Jar Zucchini Noodle Salads

IMG_8504-copy.jpg
  • monicademitro
    Options
    I am thinking about getting one. Can it cut broccoli stems? After taking the florets off, I always save the stems in the freezer for soups and such and wondered if I could have another option.

Yes it can cut broccoli stems and make noodles out of them :)
  • Hearts_2015
    edited March 2015
    Options
    http://www.inspiralized.com/the-inspiralizer/

Just noticed it tonight and wondered if anyone had heard anything or used it. :)

I liked the way this one worked in the video... that seems to be what helps me most..the video and of course personal accounts of how you all like yours! :) They show an apple being done and that caught my eye.

Curious how many of you own both a Mandolin and a Spiralizer? I think I'd use a Spiralizer more...but do wish at times I had a mandolin.