am i tearing up my core muscles?

Options
I do core about 4 times a week but a leg injury (and lack of motivation) made me quit core exercise for about 1 1/2 weeks. when I went back to the workout, I started to get these groin spasms (almost like labor pulses right around the hole that a baby comes out of [for lack of a better word, and BTW I'm not pregnant) about halfway through the workout. Does this mean that I tore some muscles, or is it just fatigue? Should I stop doing core?

Replies

• Jgirllosingweight
    Options
    and yes, I'm a girl.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Not sure what sort of exercises you're doing here, but generally after a layoff you need to dial back the intensity the first time or two.

BTW, muscle spasms generally aren't due to injury.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to address the spasms part at all.

But doing core isolation 4 times a week might be a little much. You doing any other lifts/exercises?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow all, way to lower my hope for humanity. Let's try to follow the below rule:

17. No Profane, Vulgar, or Sexually Explicit Language

No explicit, sexual, insulting or vulgar content including expletives, or sexual innuendo, will be permitted. This includes the use of non-alphabetical characters to approximate expletives or other objectionable language. Publicly visible text on MyFitnessPal should be work-place friendly.

We reserve the right to moderate a topic or post based on the intent of the sexual material it contains. Posts intended to titillate will be removed. Posts with medical or clinical themes related to sex or sexual health may be permitted, at our discretion.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    OP, if you are having issues with any muscle, you should probably hold off from doing exercises for that area.
  • Jgirllosingweight
    Options
    Thank you to those who actually answered. To the rest of you, just get a life and stop being crude and crass.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    "whole the baby comes out" ??! Your vagina? Sheesh.

It sounds like maybe you're overdoing it. Try lowering the intensity or the frequency and see if that makes a difference.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to address the spasms part at all.

But doing core isolation 4 times a week might be a little much. You doing any other lifts/exercises?

^^^This. Why are you doing so much core isolation?