Watch out!!! These foods apparently cause cancer....................

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
edited January 2015 in Food and Nutrition
http://naturalon.com/10-of-the-most-cancer-causing-foods/1/

I eat all of these (with the exception of alcohol) and am wondering when it's actually going to happen.
Some that got me the most : inorganic fruits and vegetables and alcohol (in moderation).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I agree microwaveable popcorn is dangerous but for different reasons. The last time I made it I caught the microwave on fire..ooops
    I'm in the clear about fruits and veggies since I live in Europe..
    Then dang I got to the sausages and meat slide..totally doomed, I live in the land of the wurst, Germany
    Guess better luck in my next life..
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I scored 50% for today. Should I go in the kitchen and muddy some wine and canola oil to up my chances, even though I would go over my calories for the day?
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    A lot of that is demonstrably not the case. I'm thinking Naturalon might have a bit of an agenda.
  • BobbiTracey
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Does that mean I have cancer????

OHNOES.gif

That's fantastic haha!

Pretty much EVERYTHING these days supposedly gives you cancer or some kind of other illness. If I spent every day worrying about what could kill me I'd have a very sorry existence! Live life to the full and enjoy the things you love! :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    A lot of that is demonstrably not the case. I'm thinking Naturalon might have a bit of an agenda.
    Basically any "natural" site will demonize anything that isn't organic or natural. And there will be many that buy into it. Creating a need will always bring profit to someone.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Redinky22
    Options
    Worrying about getting cancer causes cancer! :#
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Does that mean I have cancer????

OHNOES.gif
    herrspoons wrote: »
    How are we going to explain to the panic brigade that breathing air may have a link to cancer?

Best not. It may end badly.

+100

• sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Well according to this list and my good buddy WebMD, I must already have cancer. :p
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Now-a-days, just about everything causes cancer. We're darned if we do, darned if we don't.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's hilarious because it pretty much means that unless you're rich and can afford Organic/local everything, you're either going to have cancer, or die of hunger.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get past the 2nd slideshow image because of their damn annoying popups. And that's with Adblock on... jeebus. I think that website is a cancer.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    f260bfabd8c3367fa895b7d2e2908c8f2407c7f3c21e6292087dc325d5713b83.jpg
    Finally have a use for this. XD
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    "It’s probably not something you think about every day, whether or not the foods you are eating could contain carcinogens, but with almost 1.5 million people diagnosed with some type of cancer just last year, perhaps it’s time to look at what is in our foods that could be causing such a huge number of new cancer patients. Here is a list of the top 10 foods that you most likely consume every day that may contain carcinogens or be suspected of causing cancer"

Why do they publish such rubish when there is no facts around the claim? Its either "could" or "possibly" or "maybe" cause this or that. I might as well live in a plastic bubble my whole life on Mars!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I couldn't get past the 2nd slideshow image because of their damn annoying popups. And that's with Adblock on... jeebus. I think that website is a cancer.

I got to slide 4 and of the those 4 things I eat 3 of them regularly. I'm going to die. someone tell my family I love them
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    So many gullible people will fall for anything, lol.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Do potato chips actually have trans fats anymore?
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

That article is definitely scaremongering. I think they have more than "a bit" of an agenda.