Butter <3

Options
I've been a margarine user literally forever. There was a thread a while back that discussed margarine vs. butter. Several people recommended Kerrygold Butter, so I decided to give it a try.

I can't believe that I've been missing out so long. This stuff is AMAZING. Sometimes I just want to lick it.

Thank you so much, MFP. My life is now complete.

Replies

• ValentineNicole
    ValentineNicole Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Kerrygold is the best!!!!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I only use Kerrygold, even though I live in Wisconsin (dairy country). I so much prefer European butter over American.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Butter is great and wonderful and flavorful and amazing.

That is all I have to say on the subject.
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I don't know what Kerrygold is, but I do love butter!
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    vooo04.png
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yum! I love butter. Hate margarine.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I don't know what Kerrygold is, but I do love butter!

It's Irish butter - though that doesn't mean a lot to me, because I've never had American butter.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    I only use Kerrygold, even though I live in Wisconsin (dairy country). I so much prefer European butter over American.

European butter has higher fat content, I believe.

Kerrygold is lovely, as is Plugra.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    vooo04.png

That's hilarious.

I grew up on margarine, so I didn't really know what was out there. Now I'm wondering what else I've missed.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I'm a margarine user myself. I've wanted to try butter forever but scared to make the jump. lol you've inspired me to give it a try :D
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I love kerrygold. I put that s*** in my coffee. Mmm. Haha
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately we don't have that where I live :( (hicktown) I've always wanted to try it though. I do usually use butter rather then margarine. I'm making my own this weekend since I need buttermilk and I also can't get that where I live. So I'll make butter, and will end up with some buttermilk! win!
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    I'm a margarine user myself. I've wanted to try butter forever but scared to make the jump. lol you've inspired me to give it a try :D

Do it! No regrets!
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Do it! I grew up on margerine, thanks to a mom who dieted in the 80's. I'll not go back. Butter for me, thanks.

• Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    There is no comparison. Real butter rules!
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    vooo04.png
    Love it! AAANNNND it's healthier too. Natural vs chemical? There's no question.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Mmm Butter...everytime I see a post on butter I am reminded of the Last Tango In Paris... NOW I haven't actually seen the movie.. BUT my sister took my 70 Year old Grandmother to that film when it was in the theatre... SO I have heard there's a novel way of serving butter up :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I've been a margarine user literally forever. There was a thread a while back that discussed margarine vs. butter. Several people recommended Kerrygold Butter, so I decided to give it a try.

I can't believe that I've been missing out so long. This stuff is AMAZING. Sometimes I just want to lick it.

Thank you so much, MFP. My life is now complete.
    try the hippy handmade amish stuff.

Fookin' unreal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options

why would you be scared of butter...also many margarine's just have a bunch of hydrogenated oils (trans-fats) which are really the only fats you should truly avoid. From a nutritional standpoint, butter is a much better choice than margarine.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I buy local butter and would never go to margarine. Kerrygold is just too expensive for me.