Butter <3

Options

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'm a margarine user myself. I've wanted to try butter forever but scared to make the jump. lol you've inspired me to give it a try :D

why would you be scared of butter...also many margarine's just have a bunch of hydrogenated oils (trans-fats) which are really the only fats you should truly avoid. From a nutritional standpoint, butter is a much better choice than margarine.

That's what ultimately made me decide to try it. The taste difference was a huge bonus.
  • yvie63
    yvie63 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Butter every time for me. Never ever touch 'light' products or margarine which are full of things I can't even pronounce. I live in the UK and my preferred butter is actually Lurpak but Kerrygold is great too. If you are worried about calories just have less of it. I would far sooner have a tiny bit of marvellous than a whole lot of crap!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Ugh, my husband is lactose intolerant with butter being one of the things that really messes up his digestive track. I've been using Earth Balance which is one of the better vegan margerines, but now I want real butter too, damn it!
  • shaunsmoot
    shaunsmoot Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My husband grew up on a dairy farm & has always said the only thing that margarine should be used for is.... boot polish!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yay, a butter celebration thread. I approve!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Kerrygold and Plugra, for the win.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I'm a margarine user myself. I've wanted to try butter forever but scared to make the jump. lol you've inspired me to give it a try :D

why would you be scared of butter...also many margarine's just have a bunch of hydrogenated oils (trans-fats) which are really the only fats you should truly avoid. From a nutritional standpoint, butter is a much better choice than margarine.
    Didn't say scared nutritionally, scared of taste. Just not fond of eating something that I think tastes bad
  • PRMinx
    Options

Didn't say scared nutritionally, scared of taste. Just not fond of eating something that I think tastes bad

giphy.gif

Butter tastes bad? That makes me sad. But, hey, more for me! I put that sh&t on everything. LOL.
  • stephanieluvspb
    Options
    Idk if butter tastes bad........I've Never tried it
  • PRMinx
    Options

Didn't you just say you think it tastes bad?

• jakeb1993
    Options
    butter doesn't taste bad, but margerine is better for your heart heres a linkmayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/butter-vs-margarine/faq-20058152
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Kerrygold is great! I don't buy it often due to cost, but it truly is the best butter I've tasted.
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Ugh, my husband is lactose intolerant with butter being one of the things that really messes up his digestive track. I've been using Earth Balance which is one of the better vegan margerines, but now I want real butter too, damn it!

I became lactose intolerant about 10 years ago and butter was also something that did a number on me, too. I will agree that the Earth Balance sticks are the best alternative out there.
    When I first became lactose intolerant, I tried taking these daily probiotic supplements from Ganeden. They worked great, but it was expensive, and I had lost 50 lbs after getting strict and cutting dairy out of my diet (although I'm sure part of that was also cutting out grilled cheese sandwiches and Boston Creme donuts). About a year ago, I discovered this probiotic tea from Bigelow that includes the SAME probiotics that the Ganeden supplements had in them. I drink tea every day anyway, so I started having the Bigelow Lemon Ginger probiotic tea every day to help deal with "accidental dairy" from eating out and stuff.

Well, last October I turned my diet on its head and went keto. Not sure if it's the keto diet or the probiotic tea I've been having for the past year, but I don't have a problem with dairy anymore.
    The butter I use is Falfurrias butter which is made here in Texas. I'm sure when I leave Texas, I'll be dropping the cash for the Kerrygold. Seems it's widely regarded as the awesomest and worth every penny.

-T.
  • stephanieluvspb
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Nope, I said I don't like eating things that taste bad, sooooo if I try it and it tastes bad TO ME then I'll be eating something that........tastes bad. Which is why I haven't tried it before.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

It doesn't. I promise.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    The only thing better then homemade butter is Kerrygold butter. The stuff is head and shoulders better then any other big name brand I have tried.

Some people are bacon fans, I am a Butter aficionado.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    jakeb1993 wrote: »
    butter doesn't taste bad, but margerine is better for your heart heres a linkmayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/butter-vs-margarine/faq-20058152

If you eat it in moderation and have no outside medical issues, there's nothing wrong with incorporating butter into your diet.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Never tried Kerrygold. I use the Land O' Lakes that they add a little canola oil to make it spreadable. Much tastier than margarine!
  • jakeb1993
    jakeb1993 Posts: 13
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I use butter, well cause it taste so good and compliments the food, I use it in baking, and in cooking. So its a hard call. I just say go with your heart, I use butter (a very little bit) when i cook, my grandma uses margarine, and shes healthy and 72 years old. butter is natural and thats why i use it.