High Protein Low fat

Options
2»

Replies

• Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    She is a raw food chef and has done nutrition courses yes.
    I lost 80 pounds on weight watchers so I know the balance. I have kept almost all off minus 20 pounds and its been 4.5 years.. and in that time had two miscarriages and a healthy baby! And as much as I don't want to use it as an excuse and people keep saying it to me your body changes after kids.
    I am trying to find that balance to get in the weight loss mode again!
    I work out daily and weigh and measure my food and nothing is changing
    So on to new plans and new things to try and change that
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    If you continue to find it difficult to meet the macro targets that your raw food chef/trainer has set for you, then, perhaps one of the new plans and new things you could try is to set your macro targets based on your body weight and lean body mass, as described in the link above.
  • Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yes that is an option that's why I came here to ask for help
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I would question the need to limit fats. In fact, I generally think fats as a minimum level thing, especially if you are getting a lot of foods that contain omega-3s, or polyunsaturated fats as they have been linked to lowering cholesterol. And in all reality, if your overall diet is balanced with whole-nutrient dense foods, then it's all good.
  • brenni76
    brenni76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I saw you mentioned that you have a thyroid issue. You should probably up your protein and dial down the carbs and fats. I have Hashimoto's disease and my doctor and nutritionist have recommended a diet of 40% protein, 30% carbs and 30% fat. I am eating roughly 1600 calories a day. If you have thyroid issues, carbs are not your friend. Since I started eating higher protein, I feel amazing. My energy is much higher, I don't feel hungry, and I'm having fun playing with different flavors without adding fat. My fats mostly come from avocado, coconut oil, or olive oil. For high protein snacks, I like combat bars. My favorite is the peanut butter crunch one. It doesn't have that weird protein aftertaste. If you like iced coffees, chike protein drinks are awesome. I like the mocha ones. With one packet and 10oz of skim milk, it's 30gm of protein (and it tastes great and has 2 shots of espresso in it). For quick meals, grilled chicken tenders, black beans, quinoa, diced tomato and Mexican spices...so yummy. Or throw a can of tuna on a salad.