Going out for Thai food tonight

Options

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    You guys are soooooooooo mean. Bunch of bullies. Kick a boy while he's down why don't you. I think I'm going to drown my sorrows in pizza. And tacos.

It is Friday. You should probably start a mean people thread.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    You guys are soooooooooo mean. Bunch of bullies. Kick a boy while he's down why don't you. I think I'm going to drown my sorrows in pizza. And tacos.

I would but the last thing I want to do is bring more attention to the crappy dinner.

Well, I think you are being mean for not providing me with some Friday afternoon entertainment.
  • PRMinx
    Options

I would but the last thing I want to do is bring more attention to the crappy dinner.

Well, I think you are being mean for not providing me with some Friday afternoon entertainment.
    Well I think you are being mean for interrupting me while I make my bacon egg and cheese sandwich.

Stop trying to sabotage my diet with that goodness.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone. Take the lady and find a better restaurant. I usually go with panang curry or basil chicken.

And random question, did your Indian friend use a fork? I was at a thai restaurant once, and saw a group of Indians eating with their hands. I never really thought about it, but of course if that's what you're used to, it's what you would do at all restaurants. My problems is that I'd forget and rub my eye before I washed my hands and have burning eyes for days...
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Pad Thai is my favorite
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    I agree with everyone. Take the lady and find a better restaurant. I usually go with panang curry or basil chicken.

And random question, did your Indian friend use a fork? I was at a thai restaurant once, and saw a group of Indians eating with their hands. I never really thought about it, but of course if that's what you're used to, it's what you would do at all restaurants. My problems is that I'd forget and rub my eye before I washed my hands and have burning eyes for days...

Yea I plan on taking her the next time.

It's funny you should mention a fork. He was holding it very weird. With his whole hand as if he'd never used a fork before. I found it funny.

Ha, it might be he is used to eating with his hands but wanted to be polite.
  • Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love Thai and usually eat off of the appetizer menu. If I were going to this restaurant I would order the Tom Ka Gai soup $5.00 and the Tahi Grilled Beef Salad $9.00. Two of my all time favorites. Maybe split an order of spring rolls too. :smiley:
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Beef satay with peanut dipping sauce.

This and panang curry chicken. Tom kha gai (however you spell it) soup is really good, too.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Honestly, MrM - that really doesn't look like good Thai food to me. I'd be pretty darn disappointed, at least at the visuals, if this is what hit my table.

Give Thai another chance at a better place.

I know. Well like I said, I didn't have anything to compare it to. Sucks. I hope to have better luck next time.
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Agreed, that pad thai looks super greasy :(

It was. It left a nasty filmy taste in my mouth.

All of this plus why are the peanuts on the side? Bizarre plating.

Don't give up on thai, just find a better place.

And, for the record, I love a good green curry and mango sticky rice for dessert.

Not to mention that it came out of a mold. Don't mold your pad thai, people.

LOL, right? Why so fancy.

The best thai places just throw a big plate of noodles in front of you.
    It's not even fancy, it's like a plating mistake from the 80s...
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    BTW I hope you use that pad thai picture in your Yelp review....nobody should ever eat there.
  • dbmata
    Options
    lulz, yelp that shizz.

That pic alone would have me going knope.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    lulz, yelp that shizz.

That pic alone would have me going knope.

That deep friend tower doesn't look so tasty either. Blurgh.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Dude, I'm sorry you went to a totally crappy place to pop that c.

Thai food, when done right, is amazing.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have to imagine that there are some AMAZING Thai places near you. I think you should make it your mission to make up for your first time, as soon as possible, and report back to us... It is a moral imperative... like protecting people from Arctic Zero... you must find good Thai food. STAT!