What piece of clothing is motivating you?

Options
I have a pair of jeans that I wore on my first date with my boyfriend. They are black size 14 Banana Republic skinny jeans. They were my favorite. I really want to get back into them for our third anniversary the end of march.
I also want to wear a bikini one summer because I have never worn one.
What piece of clothing that you own or want to own is helping motivate you to lose weight?

Replies

• ludazatobom
    ludazatobom Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a million. Before i got married a little over 4 years ago i was in shape and could fit into anything i'm a 100lbs heavier and of course having our son also 5 months ago contributed some of that weight naturally. But lets just say I never really went shopping for the fat me because i was so in denial i stuck to the typical fAt girl clothes tights and tshirts. Now i have a full closet of my cocktail dresses, jeans, gorgeous tops, etc etc that wont go past my knees and past my arms. So ya lol but specifically that one time that i cannot wait to fit into the most is my american eagle ripped skinny jeans a size 12. Long way to go for me lol.
  • TFG_em
    TFG_em Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I dread putting on a bikini. I hate anything that shows off my arms or stomach. My wedding/honeymoon is in 8 months, and I plan to look great and more importantly feel confident when I wear that dress and put on that bikini.
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    We are leaving for Disney in a few weeks. I was cleaning out my closet yesterday, trying on shorts/capris. I have a few things that fit, but I have a couple pairs of capris/shorts that are a size 8 and a pair of Old Navy shorts in a small 10 that I can't quite button yet. I know they won't fit for Disney, but I am hopeful that I will be able to wear them by Summer!

Good luck to you ladies :)
  • CapnVillainBLK
    CapnVillainBLK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My Belt. My favorite belt (because it was reversible) would squeak every other footstep. The squeaking turned in a popping sound. Then one day, I took a step and there was a loud pop and my belt broke at the buckle. That right, my fat butt, literally, broke the belt at the buckle.
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    My gym gear (I love working out when I look good). And a bikini.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    My favorite jeans. I can still wear them. As long as I'm willing to give up some quality of life habits like bending and breathing.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I have a whole Rubbermaid container of pants that are calling my name. They are SOOOO close to fitting.
  • glwage
    glwage Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My 34 waist Levis. I also have several shirts I bought a while back that I'm finally able to wear after 27.5 lbs. lost!
  • Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My prom dress. I know it is silly but it is a short beaded black cocktail dress that I would still wear today. I don't have anywhere to get dressed up but I would love to zip up that size ten and dance around in front of the mirror!
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    a 2 piece bikini that I wore 12 years ago - it's quite expensive and I only got to wear it once because I started ballooning after I started living in with my now husband. lol our everynight date night to eat out..yeah that didn't help out at all. Tomorrow is my anniversary... and I'm atleast for first time in 5 years I'm under 200lbs... so that's something to count for I supposed.
  • cleo159
    cleo159 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I bought a dress a few years ago when I was losing assuming I'd fit into it in just a week or two, and, well, it still has the tags on it. It's a size or two lower than what I was at the beginning of Jan when I started, and I want to wear it to a work event next Saturday, or barring that, for Valentine's Day. I have it hanging up on the outside of my closet as a reminder, and I know it's cheesy, but it is great at snapping me out of a snacking mindframe. Here's a picture of a similar dress (mine has a slightly different pattern around the waist: link I tried it on last week and I can finally zip it up, but it's still a bit too tight -- another couple of pounds and some control-top pantyhose and I'll think I'll be good to go.
  • carmatiz
    carmatiz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I would say for me its not anything specific. My cloths are starting to fit me better. I wear my t-shirts a bit on the snug side. So i know when im a lil heavier. Just knowing im losing weight is a great feeling. Great confidence builder.
  • TiffanyJole
    TiffanyJole Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I would really like to be able to wear a two piece swim suit and feel confident in it this summer. I'm borderline 18/20 right now, but i'd like to get down to a 16 by this summer...
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I just realized that I have nothing. I did a huge purge about two months before I started losing weight and finally let go of my "skinny" clothes (ironic, right?).

I have no desire to be in a bikini, so that's out.

I've had to get all new clothes, because I've lost 69 pounds. Maybe I'll buy a size 8 jeans for a goal.......
  • Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Got into the size 10 jeans yesterday. On to the 8's! But I'm really working towards feeling comfortable in my ski clothes when we go skiing in March. I bought most of my ski clothes when I was a size 8 but everything is stretchy so I was able to squish into it all when a 10 and close to a 12. But more than fitting the ski clothes, I want to really enjoy being in shape and fit for this ski trip. And it's hard to lie about your weight when you are getting fitted for your boots and bindings. Unless you have a death wish you can't lie about that and get fitted properly.
  • gemm30
    gemm30 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's my best friends wedding in August, and I have my eye on a gorgeous fiftys style dress that yes they do in the size I am now but I know will look Awesome a size or 2 smaller, and a pair of shoes my ex bought me that I could never wear as they are so high and near impossible for me to walk in at my weight.
  • adora85
    adora85 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My wedding dress. Well, my future one. Im getting married and Im going dress shopping in April.
  • kmayers143
    kmayers143 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    A bikini!!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Pretty much my entire pre-pregnancy wardrobe...my Levi's, my Calvin Klein jeans, my size 10 (US size 6) maxi dress, my work dresses....
  • DiminutiveDame
    DiminutiveDame Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I brought the only pair of shorts I own and the cutest Betty Boop t-shirt. I will wear them someday soon!