what do you all eat for breakfast?

Options
I've recently switched to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with milk to keep me full, but
it really uses up a lot of my daily calories. anyone eat anything that keeps you really full for a long time
with poss fewer cals? thanks!!

Replies

• ibelieveinlove7
    ibelieveinlove7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Breakfast food is a big motivator of mine. I like to get up and make omelettes (I can never spell that word!), but generally I end up having hard boiled eggs. I try to keep my breakfast high protein so I won't need my snack until about 10:30/11 and then lunch around 1 or 1:30... When I make omelettes I use two eggs + 2 egg whites (per recommendation of my trainer) with a vegetable (zucchini now that it's so abundant) and some reduced fat cheddar. I also stick to water or coffee for breakfast. Hope this helps!!
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I've recently switched to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with milk to keep me full, but
    it really uses up a lot of my daily calories. anyone eat anything that keeps you really full for a long time
    with poss fewer cals? thanks!!

Yea the peanut butter you have to watch what brand you buy...some peanut butters dont even have any peanuts in them..and jelly has A LOT of sugar..just an FYI....Dont want to see you sabotaging your diet and not even know it.

I actually will cook if I can some egg whites with turkey, mushroom, spinach and goats cheese

Or you can do some greek yogurt with granola and some fruit.
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    porridge made with water and added protein powder after cooking in microwave, then a few flaked almonds and maple syrup on top
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I like shreddies with skimmed milk. Low in sugars, lots of calcium and iron & approx 200 cals and keeps me full 'till lunch.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Just about every day during the week I'll do low fat fruit flavored greek yogurt with granola mixed in. Or in the colder weather oatmeal. Now that it's finally warming up, high fiber cold cereal with a smidge of 2% milk. Weekends are less structured and more on the go unfortunately so I tend to graze all the way through to dinner. But when I feel like treating myself I'll make an omelette with red onion, spinach and a Laughing Cow wedge with some whole wheat toast or toasted Deli Flat.

Boring I know..
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Since starting on MFP I never had breakfast for 5 years............and its been my biggest change !!! I tend to have eggs !
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I like to have Quaker Oatmeal Quick Oats, not instant (watch any instant anything, it will be laden with sugar and tons of preservatives). I put some fresh strawberries or blueberries in it and just a touch of splenda. It is filling and it tastes great!
  • theresaaugello
    Options
    2 eggs and 2 blueberry eggos with a half serving of whipped cream cheese. 360 calories, but filling and delicious!! Plus a cup of coffee of course.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I have a banana and a cup of instant coffee every day, I used to have cereal but it made me more hungry, I find a banana sees me through to mid morning and then I have a piece of fruit to see me through to lunch.
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    I like to have Quaker Oatmeal Quick Oats, not instant (watch any instant anything, it will be laden with sugar and tons of preservatives). I put some fresh strawberries or blueberries in it and just a touch of splenda. It is filling and it tastes great!
    Actually they make two great low sugar products now. One is Lower Sugar Instant and the other is Weight Control instant. I eat the Maple and brown sugar one (1 g of sugar) and add strawberries or blackberries. Though I eat it more of a pre workout snack to get me through. (I am Diabetic, so how I eat carbs is like a chemist!)
    My usual breakfast is
    1 egg beaters egg white scrambled
    1 everything thin bagel with omega 3 spread
    2 slices of low sodium bacon.
    220 calories
    25 carbs (1.5 starch exchange)
    4 g of fat
    0 cholesterol

It's an awesome 'big' breakfast that gets me through my afternoon shenanigans!
  • 60HzShuffle
    60HzShuffle Posts: 51
    Options
    During the week if not traveling, it is Quaker high Fiber oatmeal with frozen blueberries added after stirred up and a greek yogurt before I go to the gym. Then it is usually a Pure Protein bar at mid-morning and sometimes a banana as well. On the weekends, I indulge in Quaker Steel Cut Oats and add fruit (takes 25 minutes to cook)! I guess I like oatmeal :)
  • xxjacqueline
    xxjacqueline Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal generally everyday.
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Usually after a good 30-40 minutes of cardio....

1/2 cup oatmeal
    1/2 cup of mixed nuts OR peanut butter on english muffins
    1 or 2 hard boiled egg whites.
    a piece of fruit
    .... and most importantly..... a couple of cups of coffee.

I try to have about 600 calories for breakfast
  • 90poundsoflard
    Options
    Everyone tells me I'm weird for eating this but I like it and it keeps me full 'til lunch. I cook 1/3 c oats in water (milk - if it's on sale [I'm unemployed - so...]) and as soon as it's done I stir in 1 raw egg (room temp). That and 1/2 a grapefruit is what I eat every morning.
  • Kristendcampbell
    Kristendcampbell Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have two favorites. I struggle with sugar dips and worked to find a good breakfast for me.

#1. 1-2 eggs over medium or however you like it, about a 1/2 cup of asparagus . Whole wheat piece of toast with a tiny bit of real butter and a teaspon of peanut butter.

#2. Steel cut oats from the bulk section actually cheapest at costco. A bit of cinnamon a tiny box of raisins or blueberries and a teaspon of Brown sugar if with raisins. A hardboiled egg or egg of sometype I only use spray pam no butter.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is 235 calories and is around a 40-30-30 balance of carbs, protein and fat.

- 1/2 cup egg beaters cooked in microwave or skillet
    - 1/4 cup plain quick oats with 1/2 cup water cooked in microwave
    - 100 calorie pack of whole natural almonds
  • Lisone
    Lisone Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Plain, Nonfat Greek Yogurt - I use Chobani brand - 100 cals
    1 tablespoon Peanut Butter - usually around 90 cals
    2 Splenda or Equal - 0 cals!

Mix it all together and it will keep you REALLY full for a long time. I eat that about twice a day and it is SOOOOO friggin' good!!!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I always aim for protein. If I'm hungry i have 2 eggs with whatever veg I have on hand; parsley or spinach, tomato, onion, mushrooms, peppers are the most common. I also add a bit of daiya cheddar. If I'm not hungry I make a protein shake with vegan protein powder, vanilla rice milk and a tsp of of almond butter.
  • lovingbears2
    lovingbears2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have found that:.

omelet of:
    Eggbeaters - Original, 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup
    Onions - Sweet, raw, sauteed
    Generic - Red Bell Pepper,(both sauteed in Pam spray)
    Kraft - 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese 1 tes
    Tostitos - All Natural Chunky Salsa - Mild, 2 TBSP (somedays I leave off)
    Asparagus - Fresh, Cooked, 8 spears (also, somedays I leave off)

International Delight - Coffee Creamer - Southern Butter Pecan 2 tbl, in coffee

equal to 220 calories,or I think it is 35 more with 3/4 cup eggbeater, but less if you make your coffee without the coffee creamer, (something I cannot do!)

All high protein, tastes great, fills the plate and me, so keeps me going until lunch! Doesn't take long to make, either, now that I have it down pat.!
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    A Special K Protein Meal Bar - usually in strawberry but sometimes in chocolate if it is one of those days :heart: