Pear shaped ladies

Options

Replies

• Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I've never be able to say "Lost ten pounds went don't a pant size" I lost almost 50..just TWO pants sizes. Oh but on the bright side my boobs disappeared quite quickly..lol!! Oh well love what we have cause curvy girls can rock us some jeans!!!
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    What lifting are you doing?

I'm following a routine that's set up by a friend. Basically lots of big compound movements like barbell squats and deadlifts, among others. :) I lift 2-3 times a week. If I lift only twice, I usually fill up my 3rd slot with Les Mills Body Pump for some cardio and resistance training.

You look great! How have your measurements changed over the past year?

Oh man, this is the part where I wish I took down my measurements. I didn't. :( But I've gone from a size 14 to a 6/8. Current measurements are 34-27-36.

You look great! It's nice to see people with similar body types.
  • sharifah7
    Options
    Greetings! Another pear-shaped folk here :).

I noticed that most pears talk about big bums, thunder thighs and massive calves—but almost never about ankles (or should I say 'cankles'). Well, I've LARGE CANKLES it's embarrassing. I was wondering if anyone of you here have 'ankles' after weight loss?
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    If you are truly pear-shaped, there's a limit to what you can do without plastic surgery. Keep losing weight, and as you approach your goal focus on a fat-burning diet. But be realistic.
  • KindaSortaKaty
    KindaSortaKaty Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    yaay! pears unite! thank you for the inspiring photos. :smile:
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Running makes a huge difference!
  • rmcnaull
    rmcnaull Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have always been more of a pear shape with at least a size difference between my top and bottom - you know, that kind of thing where you have to buy pants at least a size too big in the waist to even begin to stretch out the butt and thighs. I have had great success with jogging in the past - hitting the pavement 3-4 times a week doing intervals and some strength training with Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. My body shape changed. I lost that extra baggage along the back and sides of the thighs and everything just thinned out. I had lost weight before using an elliptical as my source of cardio, not even close to the same kind of results I had this last time of losing weight. I definitely recommend jogging to any pear shape trying to get a more balanced body shape. I got to the point where I didn't have to wear belts with every single pair of pants- hallelujah! Sadly, I gained most of my weight back due to crappy eating and zero exercise. Back at it now. I'll share pics once I'm further in it.
  • tazsharip
    tazsharip Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fellow pear shape here and you ladies really give me hope ....and thanks for the tip..
  • CapnVillainBLK
    CapnVillainBLK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Pears are probably the worst tasting fruit ever. Yuck! With that being said, I absolutely love pears and they are easily my favorite fruit.
  • ruby1867221
    ruby1867221 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi im new to the gym and have a pear shape frame.what gym classes /equipment should i use ?
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
  • KKJackson91
    KKJackson91 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm pear-shaped as well, but just getting started. Feel free to add me. :)
  • sakurablush
    sakurablush Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Pear shaped as well, it's a pain but what can you do.

Anyhow, did a weigh in this morning and came in at 150 ibs. I decided to try on a pair of my old jeans which I couldn't get up past mid-thigh two weeks ago when I tried. Even if they weren't comfortable to wear, I managed to get them on, buttoned and fastened, today (if this helps, River Island UK size 10 jeans. River Island trousers always seem to fit me just right, a lot of other high street stores don't). the 4 ibs I lost in the past fortnight really did make a difference, it seems.
  • tashantx
    tashantx Posts: 272 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    wv8sv7d52kv4.jpg
    Still have a lot of work to do and the saddlebags are totally the last thing to go! These pictures are about 13 months apart and 30 pounds different. I still have dimply skin on my thighs and butt but it's slowly getting better!!
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I lost quite a lot of fat through eating at a deficit, keeping protein up and lifting heavy 3-4x/wk. I do HIIT cardio 1-2x week. Went from 137-115lbs. I'm still a pear but I'm smaller now. Hips went from 40"-36.5"
  • shannon_daly3
    shannon_daly3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I am a pear as well and found that weight lifting and building muscle in my upper body really helps !! I work out legs once a week and upper body 2-3 times a week. I also do some cardio when I feel like it but mostly concentrate on my diet ! :) You can't spot reduce so working out your legs and building the muscle won't do that much for you, but if you work out your upper body it will make you feel much more proportionate.
  • LadySlimMcFancyPants
    Options
    votkuhr wrote: »
    Hi again, ladies :) Just back for more updates:

... it's my first year on MFP! Yay!

After more lifting:

2va1nh2.jpg

I'm nowhere near done yet. Still have saddlebags to go, hehe. But I'm in this for the long run and I'm in no rush because I know I'll stay with this until the very end. I hope to share the same winning spirit with you if you feel like you're losing that motivation.

Keep at it because you have your own wonderful results to look forward to! xx :flowerforyou:

This picture is my ultimate goal and inspiration! I know this thread is old, but still omg!!! Thanks for posting this. I can get these thighs under control!
  • chris5602
    chris5602 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    votkuhr wrote: »
    PS: I’ve also gone done from sizes UK 10/12 (14/16 at the start) to UK 8/10. Whoop whoop! I’m smaller on top, so I’m also starting to choose sizes ‘M’ over ‘L’ now.

Fitness: When I started my journey, I had lots of difficulty completing even 1.5 KM with slow jogging. Right now, I can do about 6 – 7 KM and still feel okay. When I take the stairs, I find that I run out of breath less easily now and my posture is different to boot! I used to round my back / slouch while I drag my feet up. Right now, it’s a straight back, head up, and my legs sort of raise on their own, lol.

Confidence: I feel a lot more confident now, not in what I wear, but with the activities I’m getting myself into. Recently, I tried out white water rafting with friends (awesome! :love: ) and in June, I’m gonna try my hand at noob surfing in Bali. Aaand if my body is ready, maybe in a bikini! ;)

You can definitely rock a bikini! You look amazing.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Total pear. I’ve gone from 220 to 135 and I’m still a pear, just a smaller one.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!