Cheat Day

Options
2»

Replies

• ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I try to fit all food that I plan to eat for the day in my daily limits. I set my goal at 1.5lb/wk so I have a buffer for if I want something over my goal. I know that I have 200-300 calories to work with before I encroach on the 1lb/wk which is my actual goal.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It's all about weekly deficit. I do eat less some days so I can eat more other days, but I don't consider that cheating. If you don't make up for them the other days, they will slow down your weight loss.
  • jporter1183
    jporter1183 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I definitely do not do a cheat day, that sounds like a recipe for disaster and to undo all the hard work from the other 6 days in the week. But I am a British chocoholic, so each day I fit a chocolate bar into my calorie intake. If I want Indian for dinner one night, I'll have it. If I want a bagel on Sunday's, I'll have it. But I just make sure my other meals are healthy and as close to my calorie goal as possible, and if one meal sets me over one day, so what. It's a long road, I won't deprive myself of something I love. But for me as you can see it's more of a cheat meal every so often, it would never be a cheat day.
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I cheat every Sunday. My mind needs the rest from the constant counting. Besides, I need to enjoy my fatty and sugary snacks.

Such as this morning I had a cappuccino. It was tasty and I regret nothing!