Vanity avatars

Options

Replies

• _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    <
    There's motivation for you! Why work toward a body you *want* when you can work away from the body you *have*? You can even see 4 boil scars *AND* the rare, vertical C-section scar that looks like my butt crack continues in the front!

Your posts and piss poor attitude on your profile is what is standing in the way of you accomplishing these goals and having the body you want.

My god...I wish I had drank bleach instead of reading through this nonsense.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I noticed a lot of skin pics (midriffs only poses) of the "skinnier" MFP members. Is this a "look at me, I'm so sexy aren't I?" thing or a "AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE A RAIL THIN STOMACH LIKE ME IF YOU KEEP AT IT?" message to the not so skinny MFP members? Just curious.

Wow, and I thought you were B!^@% on my thread for being saucy that I didn't post up any of my 'ugly skinny' pics...

You're obviously the B!^@%
    "About Me

Do not add me if you eat below your BMR or 1200 calories. I know you can get comfortable and think you're satisfied there, I tried it (without knowing the background first). I want to support similar people I can relate to who eat a healthy amount who will support me eating a healthy amount with the influx of friend requests...It would also be nice if there was a message saying why you're adding me in friend requests. Good-luck to all :D" YOU HAVE REQUIREMENTS AS TO WHO CAN FRIEND YOU ARROGANT BEHIND!

First, you start a trolling thread. You admitted that you just wanted to see what the reactions were. Then you go fishing on people's profiles for information you can use against them. Seriously, you aren't here to get fit. You're here to stir up drama. And you succeeded. Hope your day is fulfilled.
    Thank you! They can use it against me all they want, it's open to the public and true lol. But as I said before I have all kinds on my list when there's a reason. Someone tried to add me the other day because they were trying to get my stomach...but wanted to do it by eating as little as possible. Not something I support or want to be associated with. As you'll see if you read the rest of my profile...I'm doing this to prove that you can eat and be slim.

Also the last time I added a bunch of low cal people they started private messaging and harassing my friends. Not cool.

Not to mention I could play devils advocate and say the doctors she quotes are Dr. Oz and seems to think if you have a flat stomach your a "rabbit eating only lettuce or vomiting to stay a size zero after binge eating" person. Sounds a lot less worse then my if your supporting the diet that made me, some of my family, friends and others sick don't add me profile.

She's also made positive comments on peoples X many pounds lost pictures so I fail to understand why she made this thread if she can understand that.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    <
    There's motivation for you! Why work toward a body you *want* when you can work away from the body you *have*? You can even see 4 boil scars *AND* the rare, vertical C-section scar that looks like my butt crack continues in the front!

Your posts and piss poor attitude on your profile is what is standing in the way of you accomplishing these goals and having the body you want.

My god...I wish I had drank bleach instead of reading through this nonsense.

Fighting words! lol are you gonna take that!? :smokin:
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Believe me, when I have that flat, toned tummy (and I will) it will be on my profile. Not to make anyone else feel bad, but because I have been working my *kitten* off for 2 years to get there and I'm damn proud. (as I believe I should be) :happy:
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m1x5swN2f01qzi9p6o1_500.jpg
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    You appear to be in a wedding dress -- is that making a statement that you are better than someone who is not married?

I doubt it, but that's the gist of what you are saying about midriff pictures.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    <

most people will talk about concuring hurdles when it comes to developing a healthy lifestyle. most will say that problems like binge eating, portion control, and finding an exercise you like are the biggest ones.

but a piss-poor attitude really is the worst thing ever.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    I noticed a lot of skin pics (midriffs only poses) of the "skinnier" MFP members. Is this a "look at me, I'm so sexy aren't I?" thing or a "AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE A RAIL THIN STOMACH LIKE ME IF YOU KEEP AT IT?" message to the not so skinny MFP members? Just curious.

I noticed a lot of wedding pics of the "married" MFP members. Is this a "look at me, I'm so married aren't I?" thing or a "AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE A WEDDING LIKE ME IF YOU KEEP AT IT?" message to the not so married MFP members? Just curious.

(don't fight me i'm just kidding)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    here goes... all through school I was mocked... for being tall, thin and smart. The kids, they called me sasquatch, fat, ugly and stupid. over and over until I wanted to kill myself and actually started cutting myself because I couldn't handle the pain, but couldn't bear to hurt my parents by offing myself.

I went into high school (being thin, smart, and relatively attractive) thinking I was a hideous beast. I had guys tell me they'd never date me because I was too freakishly tall. I didn't date... I studied.

I carried those scars for YEARS and YEARS. I still pick at them from time to time. I got exceptionally good at listing my flaws and when I looked in the mirror, I wanted to cry because I SAW fat, ugly and stupid - no matter what people told me.

I am finally at a place where I look in the mirror and am proud (mostly) of what I see. I still pick flaws. I post MY profile pics of MY body as a reminder to me, because if I don't see me as I am now, I often start to revert to thinking I am fat and ugly again. I often don't believe the picture as it is now.

So... why do I have a "vanity avatar"? Well... my reason is that it is a reminder to me of how far I've come, and who I am now.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I wanted to post a crotch shot, but I was afraid that people would think I was bragging about having a vagina. "Hey! Look at me! I have a vagina!"
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    This thread is cereal.

manbearpig.jpg
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    here goes... all through school I was mocked... for being tall, thin and smart. The kids, they called me sasquatch, fat, ugly and stupid. over and over until I wanted to kill myself and actually started cutting myself because I couldn't handle the pain, but couldn't bear to hurt my parents by offing myself.

I went into high school (being thin, smart, and relatively attractive) thinking I was a hideous beast. I had guys tell me they'd never date me because I was too freakishly tall. I didn't date... I studied.

I carried those scars for YEARS and YEARS. I still pick at them from time to time. I got exceptionally good at listing my flaws and when I looked in the mirror, I wanted to cry because I SAW fat, ugly and stupid - no matter what people told me.

I am finally at a place where I look in the mirror and am proud (mostly) of what I see. I still pick flaws. I post MY profile pics of MY body as a reminder to me, because if I don't see me as I am now, I often start to revert to thinking I am fat and ugly again. I often don't believe the picture as it is now.

So... why do I have a "vanity avatar"? Well... my reason is that it is a reminder to me of how far I've come, and who I am now.
    I'm so proud of you! Post those vanity avatars all you want, you've worked hard!
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    they worked for it, they can choose to show it.

i also have no problem with rich people driving nice cars or people hanging their diplomas on their walls.

^^^this!!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I wanted to post a crotch shot, but I was afraid that people would think I was bragging about having a vagina. "Hey! Look at me! I have a vagina!"
    I have a vagina, however, this is still offensive. Are you trying to say that yours looks better than mine? :laugh:
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Just showing off my hard work. Nothing wrong with that. :flowerforyou:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have a vagina, however, this is still offensive. Are you trying to say that yours looks better than mine? :laugh:

Yes. Yes, I am. It's the loveliest vagina EVER!
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options

Yes. Yes, I am. It's the loveliest vagina EVER!

If you need an objective, unbiased opinion, I would volunteer mine happily. :bigsmile:
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options

No matter how hard some of us try, we'll never have a vagina. If we do, it will be lacking in some way by comparison. I give up on my vagina.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options

Hey! Me too!!!
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m1x5swN2f01qzi9p6o1_500.jpg

lmao this is adorable