Vanity avatars

Options

Replies

• sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you're on here to get fit. How do you NOT find that as motivation?

I don't find it motivating to see those pics because I'm not going to look like that. My stomach isn't going to be flat or show my muscles no matter how much I lose or work out; FACT. You want to have your sleek midriff as your avatar, that's great, but it makes me feel like a bigger cow and I get petty and jealous.

so, sincerely just curious here, we should all remove our progress pictures so others don't get jealous, because that's not the look they are going for?

Post all you want. I don't go profile creeping. I'm just saying how I feel. I don't send messages and rant about how you have what I want and can't have. The person I quoted asked how people wouldn't find these pics motivating and I answered. Sorry I'm one of the few who doesn't find it motivating.

Why wouldn't you get like that no matter how much you worked out or how much weight you lose? That's a really *kitten* attitude. You're stopping yourself because you've failed before you've even tried.
    Genetics are a b!tch.

Scientist actually have proven that genes only make up 12% of our body composition...lol
    Source?

Oh lord. I am not writing a freakin medical journal. This is a public forum on the internet. If you want to know if it's true, look it up for yourself!!!

I expect it on my desk by tommorrow.

I don't take orders from abdominal muscles!!! How DARE you have a profile picture like that? You're making all the people that don't want to work for it feel bad about themselves. Stop that, you.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    I wanted to post a crotch shot, but I was afraid that people would think I was bragging about having a vagina. "Hey! Look at me! I have a vagina!"
    I have a vagina, however, this is still offensive. Are you trying to say that yours looks better than mine? :laugh:

Yes. Yes, I am. It's the loveliest vagina EVER!

If you need an objective, unbiased opinion, I would volunteer mine happily. :bigsmile:

Chris, you would volunteer your vagina? Or did I read that wrong? ::bigsmile::
  • Turtlehurdle
    Turtlehurdle Posts: 412
    Options
    This thread is boring....

rHbQg.gif
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    This thread is boring....

rHbQg.gif

*snort*
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I wanted to post a crotch shot, but I was afraid that people would think I was bragging about having a vagina. "Hey! Look at me! I have a vagina!"
    I have a vagina, however, this is still offensive. Are you trying to say that yours looks better than mine? :laugh:

If you need an objective, unbiased opinion, I would volunteer mine happily. :bigsmile:

If I had a vagina I'd be busy with that instead of on MFP forums right now :laugh:
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options

If I had a vagina I'd be busy with that instead of on MFP forums right now :laugh:

Good point. Beastette out.
  • KaiHuk
    KaiHuk Posts: 49
    Options
    Seriously, you're on here to get fit. How do you NOT find that as motivation?

I don't find it motivating to see those pics because I'm not going to look like that. My stomach isn't going to be flat or show my muscles no matter how much I lose or work out; FACT. You want to have your sleek midriff as your avatar, that's great, but it makes me feel like a bigger cow and I get petty and jealous.

so, sincerely just curious here, we should all remove our progress pictures so others don't get jealous, because that's not the look they are going for?

Post all you want. I don't go profile creeping. I'm just saying how I feel. I don't send messages and rant about how you have what I want and can't have. The person I quoted asked how people wouldn't find these pics motivating and I answered. Sorry I'm one of the few who doesn't find it motivating.

Why wouldn't you get like that no matter how much you worked out or how much weight you lose? That's a really *kitten* attitude. You're stopping yourself because you've failed before you've even tried.
    Genetics are a b!tch.

Scientist actually have proven that genes only make up 12% of our body composition...lol
    Source?

Oh lord. I am not writing a freakin medical journal. This is a public forum on the internet. If you want to know if it's true, look it up for yourself!!!

I expect it on my desk by tommorrow.

I don't take orders from abdominal muscles!!! How DARE you have a profile picture like that? You're making all the people that don't want to work for it feel bad about themselves. Stop that, you.

Whoops , my bad. * goes to eat tub of ice cream *
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Mine says "Look at my awesome face!".:wink:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

This is my puzy, a little vain, but it'll have to do:
    215100_7418360606_669_n.jpg
    216508_7418355606_541_n.jpg
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Mine is a ......i worked my *kitten* off to look this good and my before pic is always in my profile pictures as well!

People are proud of their accomplishments .....dont hate!!!!
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I fell for this last time and switched my avatar to a picture of me in a bikini!
    Not falling for it this time. Nice try, though :)
  • healthtenderfoot
    Options
    I think it's great that people feel comfortable enough to post pictures of any kind of body showing. I don't think it's to rub it in people's faces though.

I more see it as "I did this to my body, you can too!" or a progress shot. I see a lot of "skinny" midrifs as well as "not-so-skinny" midrifs. I think both are fine. These people are being open and honest about what they look like, not trying to hid it. I've been thinking about it too, and I have a chubby midrif, not one that screams "nanananananananaNA!" When I see them, I view them as motivation. Or I can easier relate, 'oh, they have some chub too, I'm not alone'.

I think it matters how YOU VIEW/REACT to these avatars.
  • warnott
    warnott Posts: 20
    Options
    I fell for this last time and switched my avatar to a picture of me in a bikini!

wait if i'm vain i'm supposed to have a picture of me in a bikini? am i doing this wrong? oh god.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options

Girrrl your kitty is HUGE! :bigsmile:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Girrrl your kitty is HUGE! :bigsmile:
    But it's sooo soft and I swear it's not when it's shaved :laugh:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Quoting to save these for later, because I'm sure there will be plenty of chances to use them.
    oqzlt5.jpg

meh.ro7434.jpg
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options

wait if i'm vain i'm supposed to have a picture of me in a bikini? am i doing this wrong? oh god.

Simply put, yes.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options

<---If you look closely you can see my pu$$y in my pic :tongue:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Mine says "Look at my awesome face!".:wink:

And then Its like ... *whistles*
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I try to put my newest favorite current photos of me up at all times......so if any of them was of me all thin with awesome abs, it would be a HEY LOOK AT ME AND HOW FREAKING AWESOME I AM KINDA DEAL!!!