Vanity avatars

Options

Replies

• gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are

I rather see tummys that people have worked hard for and proud
    than some of the faces and poses i find on facebook - and yes i do know them all mainly my teen cousins on facebook
    I hope they grow out of looking like a fish is attractive and wearing 10 bras in one pic is acceptable,

I'll come and look at tummys on here any day and think wow if only :D

I'm wondering if to post my bikini pic on here now and i have 70lbs more to lose
    will it be more acceptable because i'm still fat?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    They worked hard and are PROUD of the work!
    Most of the people on here have been overweight/out of shape and now they aren't it's on!
    I say flaunt it! This is a place where we can be a little bit narcissistic without being attacked (mostly)

Also, please stare at my back, it's amazing!! lol

it really is...a-MAZ-ing.
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I don't have one up that shows my naked body, but my avatar does say, yeah I lifted this heavy thing, what have you ever done!

Come at me bros, you jelly, u mad, u marmalade, u mirin my gains brah!
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    tumblr_m73ubde6t81ry6r3jo1_500.jpg

::snort:: +1 Intertubes!!!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Let me just tell you in advance. When I hit my goals, I will be showing skin my my avatar too. If I have the body to show off, I'm showing to EVERYBODY! I currently don't show skin as much, but believe me, I show these curves every chance I get. You will all bask in my glory! And if you choose not to, that's fine. Just don't look :)

Second. If I am ever thin and hot, I will be biggest *kitten*-y *kitten*-y *kitten* *kitten* on these boards. I will post pictures of myself in costumes that would make late 1980's Cher blush. Seriously. Dental floss and two life savers candies.

Hahahaha. :drinker:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you're on here to get fit. How do you NOT find that as motivation?

I don't find it motivating to see those pics because I'm not going to look like that. My stomach isn't going to be flat or show my muscles no matter how much I lose or work out; FACT. You want to have your sleek midriff as your avatar, that's great, but it makes me feel like a bigger cow and I get petty and jealous.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I don't think so....I think its more a reminder of progress made and why they want to keep working hard....My avatar is not of me...but I keep it on here to remind me what my goals are when I start to slip. People are most likely just proud of the accomplishments cuz it is hard work to look like that!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Mine is simple, Nirvana Rocks and so do my legs, at least in this pic! :bigsmile:
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    I don't think I would do it even if I reached my goal weight and had a rocking body. I don't want the whole internet to see me in a bikini or whatever. Personal choice.

I wore a binkini once, and wouldn't you know it within 20 mintues it was all over facebook. It wouldn't have bothered me so much if I had remembered to go to waxing appointment the day before... ;-P
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

I don't find it motivating to see those pics because I'm not going to look like that. My stomach isn't going to be flat or show my muscles no matter how much I lose or work out; FACT. You want to have your sleek midriff as your avatar, that's great, but it makes me feel like a bigger cow and I get petty and jealous.

so, sincerely just curious here, we should all remove our progress pictures so others don't get jealous, because that's not the look they are going for?
  • Plates559
    Options

That is too bad that you feel inferior but I doubt you are going around asking people to cover up either.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't have one up that shows my naked body, but my avatar does say, yeah I lifted this heavy thing, what have you ever done!

Which, btw, is actually very cool.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    My profile picture says you like my boobs and should feel insecure about yours.

It's half right.

Which is fitting since only one of my boobs has personality...

I didn't say I liked each one equally.
  • healthychanges1
    Options
    My picture is to show me the areas i still need to work on. Sort of like backwards motivation. Plus, I didn't want to post my face.

Your body is perfect in that pic/pose. What else needs to be done? Not hating at all.

Well thank you but I'm not happy yet!
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Easy killer. Your jealousy is showing.
  • Plates559
    Options

Which, btw, is actually very cool.

ty, tyvm
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would do it even if I reached my goal weight and had a rocking body. I don't want the whole internet to see me in a bikini or whatever. Personal choice.

I wore a binkini once, and wouldn't you know it within 20 mintues it was all over facebook. It wouldn't have bothered me so much if I had remembered to go to waxing appointment the day before... ;-P

Hahahaha! That's hilarious!
  • Plates559
    Options
    My picture is to show me the areas i still need to work on. Sort of like backwards motivation. Plus, I didn't want to post my face.

Your body is perfect in that pic/pose. What else needs to be done? Not hating at all.

Well thank you but I'm not happy yet!

I like this attitude! people who haven't seen me for a while always say "dang you're BIG!" to which I reply "not big enough!"
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

haters14.jpg
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

so, sincerely just curious here, we should all remove our progress pictures so others don't get jealous, because that's not the look they are going for?

Post all you want. I don't go profile creeping. I'm just saying how I feel. I don't send messages and rant about how you have what I want and can't have. The person I quoted asked how people wouldn't find these pics motivating and I answered. Sorry I'm one of the few who doesn't find it motivating.