what did you have for brakefast this morning?

Options

Replies

• MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Egg Beaters with salsa & cabot 75% fat free sharp cheddar, wrapped in a fiber one tortilla with 2 slices canadien bacon. Coffee with hershey unsweetened cocoa powder
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have sausage, bacon medallions, mushrooms, baked beans, fried egg and McCain smiles! Yum!

mcCain smiles! I love those so much!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    breakfast- hard boiled egg, a fat whole wheat roll, glass of low sodium V8, and coffee with almond milk.
  • sbahlezinwe67
    sbahlezinwe67 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have sausage, bacon medallions, mushrooms, baked beans, fried egg and McCain smiles! Yum!

mcCain smiles! I love those so much!

What are McCain smiles?
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    2 eggs with some salmon and dill- just mixed it up in a mug and microwaved
    black coffee
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Two large chicken wraps and almost a pound of potatoes.

Three times as many calories as I normally have and extra carby this morning to fill up the tanks for the nooner 11-miler. Got most of my carb quota for the day in a single meal.

Long Run days need a good 500 calories more than a normal day and mostly heavy-ish carbs or I'll bonk hard and not finish. Sometimes again after the run, too, to refeed the depleted muscles.

I'll be using real sugar in the pre-run coffee, too.

I'd normally have just a coffee and couple hundred calories of blueberries and blackberries for breakfast most days, but on days 15k (9+miles or more) I get to pig out a bit in the name of training.

Carbs are good, folks, they give us quickly accessible energy and feed glycogen stores that power/drive muscle. They are not bad food to be avoided, right?

Carbs, sweet carbs.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Coffee w/ coconut milk, everything bagel w/ full fat herb & garlic cream cheese, and some pineapple.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Carbs, sweet carbs.

I support this... with my morning bagel, which I have every morning.

• prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    egg white delight from mcdonalds and a French vanilla protein shake
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    a handful of vitamin supplements, coffee and some eggs.
  • sarwatf
    sarwatf Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    2 cups of coffee with skimmed milk , softboiled egg on granary toast with English mustard
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    2 eggs over easy on a toasted everything bagel.
    1 large mug of Earl Grey.
    Small glass of prune juice.
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    A protein shake: 1 scoop chocolate whey, 8 oz unsweetend almond milk, 1 banana, 2 tbsp peanut butter, dash of cinnamon. 456 calories, 8 fiber, 40 protein.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Omlet from Southwestern Egg Creations with 2 Laughing Cow herb and garlic triangles and four mushrooms inside, and 4 slices of turkey kolbassa cooked in a little coconut oil for flavour on the side. Delicious!!! The Laughing Cow melts and gets all creamy inside with the mushrooms. Yummmmmmmy.

232 calories, 23g protein, scary amount of sodium
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    One serving of cream of rice made with 1 cup of 2% milk, half a cup of blueberries, and a tsp of sugar. Also, the usual multivitamins.

Edit: And two cups of coffee. Duh.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    nothing. I don't eat breakfast on Sundays.
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sourdough toast with laughing cow cheese and avocado in addition to some cottage cheese. And Coffee. Always coffee.
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Maple brown sugar oatmeal with two slices of wheat bread slathered in dark chocolate dreams natural peanut butter and a can of diet mt dew. Breakfast of champions. :p
  • Just115Pounds
    Just115Pounds Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I ate 1/2 cup of oatmeal made with water. Inside the oatmeal I chopped a banana and had an apple on the side! Yum! :)
  • Oncebittentwiceshy38
    Options
    Leftover spaghetti from last night! :)