• CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes do it for me.
    Sweet && filling.
  • toribirch42
    toribirch42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nutella on toast sorts me out (included in my calorie allowance)
  • abebaby78
    abebaby78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    JoyeII wrote: »
    AmyJM76 wrote: »
    I recently discovered sugar-free Werthers Original coffee/caramel hard candies. 5 are only 40 cals.

Be careful with sugar free hard candies. Too much sugar alcohol can make you have intestinal distress (gas and diarrhea). Don't eat more than 1 serving and you should be OK.
    I discovered this after eating some sugar free sweets. I didn't know that was the cause at the time but saw an article on the TV and put 2 and 2 together.
  • mindfulpractices
    Options
    I make black bean brownies when I want something sweet. You can cut them in small portions and freeze. The protein of the Beans is enough to stop you from wanting more. Healthier Brownies Recipe

(16 brownies)
    1 15.5 ounce can black beans
    1 package brownie mix (20 ounces)

Blend UNDRAINED black beans in food processor or blender until smooth. Mix in with brownie mix and bake following package directions. Try under baking them for a chewier brownie.****NOTE I DRAINED THE BEANS AND THEN ADDED WATER TO THE BEANS IN THE CAN FOR A LESS STARCHY FEEL. TASTES BETTER!!!

For the nutrition calculation, I used Ghiradelli Ultimate Fudge Brownie mix as my sample mix. I believe it is representative of these mixes. CHECK BROWNIE MIXES.. I WENT WITH A LOWER CAL MIX. AND I CUT ABOUT 30 BROWNIES FOR JUST ENOUGH OF A TASTE.

For one brownie = 154 calories, 4.2 g fat, 30 g carbohydrates, 17 g sugar, 2.5 g protein, 2.3 g fiber, 103 mg sodium, 4 Points+
  • chasitym_74
    chasitym_74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow makes some great low calorie ice cream bars
  • chasitym_74
    chasitym_74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Take grapes wash them and put them in a ziploc bag with sugar free berry koolaid powder then freeze them...they are awesome!
  • suky7
    suky7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    a Tube of yogurt on grapes or kiwi and i find caramel snack a jacks are great, good size and only 53cals
  • Deedee1111111
    Deedee1111111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    dried fruit is CRAZY sweet! or just regular old fresh fruit as well.
  • ryanbrowning115
    ryanbrowning115 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just bought a dark chocolate bar from Trader Joes and have a piece or two of that along with some frozen bananas. Tastes great to me!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Cocoa dusted or cinnamon sugar almonds.
    I also picked up an easy recipe from hungry girl-mix one can of pureed pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling) with your choice of cake mix, put in muffin liners and bake for 20 min-yummy cupcakes for about 120 cal each (give or take).
  • mindfulpractices
    Options
    dried fruit is very dense in calories.
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Medjool dates are my all time favourites...of course, they aren't the lowest in calories, but they have no fat, natural sugar and fibre. They are so darn yummy!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    wow, I have an insatiable sweet tooth and I see some GREAT ideas!! thanks guys!
  • gaxarlis08
    gaxarlis08 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    About 60 cals per cookie. I haven't tried them yet but they sound yummy!

2 large old bananas
    1 cup of oats (quick or regular! if you use regular, we’d suggest chopping them a little so everything holds together better)

Mix those two together. Old bananas are amazing for this, but you can use fresh ones too. I buy a bunch of bananas, let them get old on my counter, and then stick ‘em all in the freezer.

Then add in what sounds yummy to you! (or nothing!) We love:
    -a handful of chocolate chips
    -crushed walnut pieces
    -cinnamon
    -raisins
  • scookbey
    scookbey Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Whole Fruit Frozen Fruit Bars are my fav! Only 70 cals and they will satisfy a sweet tooth... & made with actual real fruit!
  • mbibble
    mbibble Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I also have the worst sweet tooth. I got some good ideas from this thread!!

The cravings physically go away completely when I eat low carb (<30%), but are still mentally there because I crave sweets in times of stress or boredom. Just a bit about the sugar-free hard candies from my experience: they always make me want more actual candy. And then they have the nerve to STILL have carbs which seems like such a waste. Why not eat the actual sugary ones (if not diabetic)??

Green & Black dark chocolate works for me. The other brands, not so much. Coming from a milk chocolate addiction, most dark chocolate to me is a dark brick of disappointment.

Cinnamon, half a banana, unsweetened cocoa powder, almond milk, and almond butter slay my cravings. Plus, I'm usually too full after drinking it to have anything else. It's calorically dense (200 cal), though so you have to plan for it if you're trying to lose weight.

Raw coconut, cherries, walnuts, sweet potatoes, and vanilla stevia-sweetened tea are my sweet grazing go-tos. Seltzer works really well for me too - you can squeeze in a little grapefruit juice, add some ginger, and mint leaves if you're feeling extra fancy. Healthy-person soda!
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I like yogurt with fat free cool whip & chocolate sprinkles...trail mix is always good & popcorn if you're trying to stay away from sugar.