I went from morbidly obese to 6 pack abs! Ask me Anything

Options

Replies

• HuskyHiker413
    HuskyHiker413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    First off your transformation is amazing!
    I watched your video on calculating macros.

I started at 315 and now weight 295 and would like to lose at least 100 more lbs. Based on your numbers I should eat 2655 calories with 177 grams of protein and 88 grams of fat. Should I shoot for these numbers or is it safe to adjust them down a bit? What would you recommend?
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Damn if looks could kill!! B)
    So what's your diet like? Also what's your take on cheat days/ free days??
  • Bennettjade
    Options
    bump!
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    good job
  • VintageMommy
    VintageMommy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Did you have an issue with excess skin? I know some people who were really big and then lose it ha e that issue . Great job too by the way!
  • SuziAstro26
    SuziAstro26 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Well done you! Super fit ;)
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Bump. Because, awesome. ;)
  • dhruti387
    dhruti387 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congratulation on achievement.
    Need some help buddy. I want to lose around 50lbs. Female, current weight is 185lb.just Started gym in mid January. My calorie intake 1500. What should I do in gym? I got no idea so.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Damn if looks could kill!! B)
    So what's your diet like? Also what's your take on cheat days/ free days??
    To start, I define a cheat/free day as a day or meal where you don't care what calories or macro nutrients you consume. For some people a cheat day means eating a certain banned food. I do not ban foods and eat whatever foods I want on a daily basis and just log them and work them into my goals. On paper, the same rules apply to a cheat day that apply every other day. If you eat more then you burn, your body will store the excess fuel. If you do a weekly cheat/free meal/day then you might undue your entire weeks worth of work. It just depends on how much of a deficit you made throughout the week vs how much of a surplus you got into on a cheat day. Suppose you eat 500 calories below what you burn per day for 6 days. On day 7 you eat 1500 calories over, you just slowed your weight loss in half. Eat 3000 calories over and you just stopped your weight loss in it's tracks. Are rare cheat days okay? Sure, and honestly, they are probably necessary for sanity sakes. Are regular cheat days okay? Depends on how quickly you want to lose weight and how much you eat on those cheat days. I have never used regularly scheduled cheats. I save them for special events throughout the year (holidays, birthday, vacation).
    Did you have an issue with excess skin? I know some people who were really big and then lose it ha e that issue . Great job too by the way!
    Check back to page 24. I posted a video that discusses loose skin.
    dhruti387 wrote: »
    Wow!! Congratulation on achievement.
    Need some help buddy. I want to lose around 50lbs. Female, current weight is 185lb.just Started gym in mid January. My calorie intake 1500. What should I do in gym? I got no idea so.
    I personally feel most people's time in the gym is best spent lifting weights. This will ensure that once you lose the weight, you'll have a decent shape to you rather then just looking like a smaller version of your former self. Losing the fat will be more about the diet then the working out, so use the working out to preserve muscle and build strength.

• leolovessteven
    Options
    Ok finally figured out how to post my reply to you. Great job! You look incredible, and must be very proud. Keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Fair play too you mate. Has you personality changed ?
  • jsmorden
    jsmorden Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story and for posting your pictures! Very inspirational.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    Fair play too you mate. Has you personality changed ?
    I would say I certainly have more confidence and my self esteem is higher not that either of those two things were ever a major issue for me. Otherwise, I'm the same guy I was before.

• ElectricFuneral81
    Options
    Awesome!! Very inspiring
  • lisaclaire92
    Options
    What do you recommend to cutting out carbs? X
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Just when I'm ready to slack today, someone posts something like this and inspires. Thank you.
  • tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have to say well done you look great. I started my journey last year and when i got told to lift weights i thought it was crazy but hey 66lbs down so far and much stronger and fitter than ive ever been.
  • migueldabu
    migueldabu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I feel lazy I just go back to your thread and makes me wanna work out right away. BTW I have been using you as my inspiration. One month ago since I have stumbled upon your thread, I have been consistently logging my food and working out diligently. I have lost 13 pounds in the process. I still have a long ways to go but I want to thank you for taking your time in helping others here by replying back to their questions and inspiring others. You have no idea how much help you have been to me. :)
  • Sylvie856
    Options
    Congrats
  • lulusjourney2015
    lulusjourney2015 Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Wow!Congrats!Hope one day I could so the same!just started here,47 lbs to go,lost 11 lbs since I started!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!