Need friends to push me through gaining!

Options

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    At that rate, it's possible that you're gaining a disproportionate amount of fat. That's fine, if you just want to gain and don't care if it's fat or muscle, but I don't know if women can realistically expect to gain 0.5 pounds of muscle per week.

It's hard for me to gain at that rate. :'(
  • saltlife2414
    Options
    At that rate, it's possible that you're gaining a disproportionate amount of fat. That's fine, if you just want to gain and don't care if it's fat or muscle, but I don't know if women can realistically expect to gain 0.5 pounds of muscle per week.

It's hard for me to gain at that rate. :'(
    Lol i just need to add 10 lbs half muscle half fat
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

Listen to Alice, there's no way, as a female, you can add 0.5 lb muscle a week.

I gained too fast on my first bulk - 8 week bulk, 8 month cut :/

If you're already at a healthy weight, try aiming for a 0.5 lb gain a week, (hopefully) giving you 0.25 lb muscle gain. You'll thank us when cutting time comes around.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »

Listen to Alice, there's no way, as a female, you can add 0.5 lb muscle a week.

I gained too fast on my first bulk - 8 week bulk, 8 month cut :/

If you're already at a healthy weight, try aiming for a 0.5 lb gain a week, (hopefully) giving you 0.25 lb muscle gain. You'll thank us when cutting time comes around.
    Sound advice...

• elizabethannee93
    Options
    I've been at this since January 1 and only gained 4 lbs
    I just started yesterday, I have that same problem! No matter how hard I try I can't gain! I started doing leg day three times a week and eating 50% more protein then I was taking! I'm starting a Instagram if you are on there you can follow me for motivation
  • 10ecmuscle
    10ecmuscle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you are on track. Progress takes time. Rome was not built in day.
    Try not to focus on a scale. To many women do that. Focus on the mirror and most importantly how you feel. Keep it up. Also check out some great forum boards outside of here for more help from more knowledgeable people.
    Supplementreviews.com.Com, bodybuilding.Com, or anabolicminds.Com are some great ones.
  • ramdettmer751
    ramdettmer751 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm on a bulk plan and I consume over 3000 calories a day. It is hard but I try to take in more carbs than protein. I really stay away from all the junk food or any microwavable meals. Eat a lot of brown rice for complex carbs &snack 1 cup Greek yogurt with bare naked oats &berries. Drinking lots of milk helps & raw oatmeal soaked in milk will up those calories a lot. Especially if you mix in fruits and all that :)
  • Qiyyah
    Qiyyah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was having a hard time putting on weight and then I start looking up things and I found this vitamin syrup called apetamin I love it You should look it up its really helping me
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday, I have that same problem! No matter how hard I try I can't gain! I started doing leg day three times a week and eating 50% more protein then I was taking! I'm starting a Instagram if you are on there you can follow me for motivation

1.) no such thing as a hard gainer- just someone who doesn't realize how much you need to actually eat to gain.
    2.) You're not eating enough.
    3.) don't worry about protein- just get some- and then fill the rest in with carbs. Carbs trump protein in a gain- and calories trump either. Not enough calories = no gains. perfect macros or not.

Eat.All.The.Things.
  • saltlife2414
    Options
    Sounds to me like you are on track. Progress takes time. Rome was not built in day.
    Try not to focus on a scale. To many women do that. Focus on the mirror and most importantly how you feel. Keep it up. Also check out some great forum boards outside of here for more help from more knowledgeable people.
    Supplementreviews.com.Com, bodybuilding.Com, or anabolicminds.Com are some great ones.

Lol thx you must know me well cause that's my prob I'm always reaching for the scale maybe I'll try taking the battery out for a bit...thx
  • saltlife2414
    Options
    I'm on a bulk plan and I consume over 3000 calories a day. It is hard but I try to take in more carbs than protein. I really stay away from all the junk food or any microwavable meals. Eat a lot of brown rice for complex carbs &snack 1 cup Greek yogurt with bare naked oats &berries. Drinking lots of milk helps & raw oatmeal soaked in milk will up those calories a lot. Especially if you mix in fruits and all that :)
    That's what I consume 3k and that's hard as hell lol
  • saltlife2414
    Options
    That would be great! Thx you can also add me on here if you would like
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    That's what I consume 3k and that's hard as hell lol

It's hard eating those as they what we call bro foods and are the same foods bodybuilders use when they are trying to cut down to around 6% BF. They are filling foods with a lot of micro nutrients so they help for people who are only eating 800 - 1000 cals a day feel fuller. They aren't recommended foods for bulking because it's hard to eat a lot of them without feeling full.
  • saltlife2414
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    This thread makes me sad. So much blah advice besides a few people.

Also, why do people type out a normal sentence them at the end type "lol". Where was the joke?
    I'm sorry if you don't like it here you can def move along...I'm not out to upset anyone but....you could have just read something else
  • NoMorePaiN7
    NoMorePaiN7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    3000 calories!!!
    Ima a guy and it said I need 2080 Cals to gain 1 pound a week, plus u really don't need the quick gains cuz u ain't skinny in the first place for ur height. I want to put weight as well, so, if u figure out a clean gains plan, u let me know. Always keep going and never stop till u achieve ur goal.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    3000 calories!!!
    Ima a guy and it said I need 2080 Cals to gain 1 pound a week, plus u really don't need the quick gains cuz u ain't skinny in the first place for ur height. I want to put weight as well, so, if u figure out a clean gains plan, u let me know. Always keep going and never stop till u achieve ur goal.

2800 for a guy trying to gain probably isn't enough unless you're quiet short.

I started at 2500 and worked my way up to over 3K at the end of 5 months.

also- you're grammar and poor choice of substituted "words" makes your post almost impossible to read.

It's not that difficult to type out "you".

secondly- clean gains = small surplus =/= clean food.

eat all the things.
    lift all the things.
  • jimmibean
    Options
    All my friends want to loose they don't realize the struggle it is for me to gain need friends who understand and have advice

The struggle is real... I hate when people are so judgemental about my weight. Your so thin.......ya think? Ugh....good luck friend
  • saltlife2414
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    This thread makes me sad. So much blah advice besides a few people.

Also, why do people type out a normal sentence them at the end type "lol". Where was the joke?

• saltlife2414
    Options
    jimmibean wrote: »
    All my friends want to loose they don't realize the struggle it is for me to gain need friends who understand and have advice

The struggle is real... I hate when people are so judgemental about my weight. Your so thin.......ya think? Ugh....good luck friend

Thx and I hear you If I gotta hear your so skinny one more time I'm gonna pop someone!