Getting enough daily calories

Options
2»

Replies

• Jodibbs
    Jodibbs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've always been brought up to eat fruit and veg since I was younger, so I'm used to having it in my diet anyway. I used to eat a lot of pizza/crisps and not exercise at all, and I started drinking alcohol as well which also put my weight up :( I really started eating healthier early last year, but still treating myself. Didn't exercise at all. Lost about a stone and kept it off, but now I want to lose more to get down to how I was when I was 18 :smile: which is about 30lbs lighter! My target is what would take me into a healthy BMI for my height.

I'll try add something more to my breakfast. I'm not a big morning eater to be honest, so I usually have my smoothie about 9.00ish, then I'll try have a snack at 11.00am, lunch at 1.00pm, another snack at about 3/4ish, then dinner at 7.00. This keeps me full throughout the day, and I also drink water which fills me too :smile:

My main problem is that I really don't like the healthy fats and high calorie foods like nuts/avocados/seeds. Hate the taste of them! Not a massive fan of bread either, or potato :(
  • Jodibbs
    Options
    pinkiezoom wrote: »
    For some quick cals which is really the question you are asking, then cheese is always a winner lol! lots of cals and not that filling, what about nuts? if you like them they can add 100 cals in a handful, or even graze on them over the day hun. 1200 cals does seem low, we are the same weight and i eat 1600 and losing over 2lbs a week, but i know we are all different. I have not gone on a diet though, i have changed my lifestyle, so i still eat whatever i want just dont go over on the calories per day.
    Just try adding a little of what you fancy at a coffee break, you will soon be able to add a few more cals.

Thank you for your help :) I never really thought about cheese to be honest because I don't usually eat it that much anyway! Most of what I'm eating now, I'm used to eating on a daily basis so I'm looking for some higher calorie healthy stuff that I can add in to my daily diet easily so get my calorie total up :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Cheese is a good one, 30g of cheddar is around 125 calories, and yummy with apple.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    How about some healthy crisps and crackers for a snack? You like them and they will help you meet your minimum. When I was struggling to meet my minimum I would have a snack in the evening. Mine was fruit juice. Now that I have no trouble hitting my calorie targets I've dropped the fruit juice. You could have an evening hot chocolate and a cookie; that will up your calories real quick.
  • Jodibbs
    Options
    Thank you :smile: I'm also going to start drinking protein shakes after my work outs so thats more calories and will help my muscles! 2 in 1 :smile:
  • crazykatlady_
    crazykatlady_ Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What about beans? Pasta, rice? Quinoa? These are things I work into my diet that help add some calories in smaller portions. I don't love nuts and nut butters except for almond butter. I haven't looked at your diary, so I don't know if any of these are things you eat. When all else fails, I add some cheese :-)