Success?

Options
SergeantSausage
SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
edited February 2015 in Success Stories
If this isn't success, I don't know what is.

tsa40wdd0sri.jpg

Inches and inches and inches ... and still going.

Replies

• Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Well done Sergeant. I do, secretly, find you very inspirational.

How many lbs?
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • SergeantSausage
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ooci wrote: »
    Well done Sergeant. I do, secretly, find you very inspirational.

How many lbs?

It fluctuates. Right now, today, it's 51 pounds from the high ... but over the weekend it was 54. Only 15 since I've been here, though.

Non-linear, right?

I'm not actually in it for the pounds or the inches. I'm after the abs. Doesn't much matter to me weight or size - it's all about look and feel for my goals - but weight and size correlate positively, right?

I'm not exactly there yet, but I'm on the trail, I'm marching hard, and have the destination in sight.

• Ooci
    Options
    You have lovely abs already, if that's you in your photo. What an incredible transformation 51 -54 lbs will have made to the inside as well - and all those inches. You must feel amazing.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!
  • SergeantSausage
    Options
    ... if that's you in your photo...

It's me a few days back (28 Jan).

I do my best to squeeze the grease from a few tens of millions of adipose cells and burn it every day, so they look ever so slightly better day after day.

Now it's just probably simply a matter of defining "done"

I don't know where exactly that is yet, but it ain't here ... just up the trail a bit, maybe ...

• Ooci
    Options
    Is is ever done???
    But I'd love to be where you are in this journey. How long has it taken?
  • SergeantSausage
    Options
    Is is ever done???
    But I'd love to be where you are in this journey. How long has it taken?

Fits and starts on-again-off-again since Fall 2011. Dropped a quick 36 pounds in 6 months and left it at that, then bounced up and down with the running training/race seasons and off seasons 12 to 14 pounds or so up 12, down 14, up 10, down 13 -y'all know the drill, right? . Then nothing for over a year - neither gained nor lost then injured last year and stopped running for recovery, but still wolfed down food like I was logging 70 miles week (oops!) ... until a week before Thanksgiving 2014 and then continuously through now.

Actively dieting/restricting for probably a year's actual time spread out over the last 4.

In that 4 years I probably gained and lost 100 pounds 10 or 12 pounds at a time - it seems to be a normal adaptation for me to lose 12-ish during a training cycle and regain during the off season as I pick up more couch time.

I have goals, but I'm in no hurry. I'm confident it will happen but it never has been my highest priority. I can wait it out as long as it takes. It'll happen.
  • SergeantSausage
    edited February 2015
    Options
    So the Sausage Fingers that used to fat finger the wedding band enough that it wouldn't come off, ever, no matter how hard it was pulled ...have now slimmed down and shrunk up so much that the wedding band won't stay on anymore. I got no solution. Wrapped it with yarn to shrink it down a bit. It works. Sort of.

m5juhzi0r7r7.jpg

• ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Haha yeah.... I moved mine to my middle finger and it's getting loose.
  • SergeantSausage
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Is is ever done???

I dunno. Is it done yet?

1lvxaippgypg.jpg

j6pqp41u9o0k.jpg

• Ooci
    Options
    Is is ever done???

I dunno. Is it done yet?

1lvxaippgypg.jpg

j6pqp41u9o0k.jpg

Isn't it a bit greedy to want more? You could always lose some of my pounds, as you're so good at it, and send some of your spare abs here to snowy England?

Seriously though, I don't think you should lose another ounce. You look great, like a professional athlete. What a transformation!

It's interesting to read your journey as well - definitely not linear, mine neither. Sometimes I've had to take time off. But that doesn't affect the commitment or the fact that this is a lifetime change.

Well done Sargeant, be very proud.

• SergeantSausage
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Is is ever done???

I dunno. Is it done yet?

Isn't it a bit greedy to want more? You could always lose some of my pounds, as you're so good at it, and send some of your spare abs here to snowy England?

Seriously though, I don't think you should lose another ounce. You look great, like a professional athlete. What a transformation!

It's interesting to read your journey as well - definitely not linear, mine neither. Sometimes I've had to take time off. But that doesn't affect the commitment or the fact that this is a lifetime change.

Well done Sargeant, be very proud.

I'm not sure "greed" is the right word here. It's *somethin'* ... but I wouldn't label it "greed".

Some have called me "crazy", but that ain't it either.

I'll think about it on the afternoon run today ...

• Ooci
    Options
    You are clearly very driven, and wanted your ab definition more than anything else. I think it's great to want to be the very best you can be. I'd like to have abs, and beautifully defined muscles everywhere - a dancer's body. But I'm not sure I want that more than my wine on a Saturday night, more than my indulgent holidays, my daily chocolate. Not sure I can have both either.
    -Can you have such low body fat and defined muscles and still be eating the sugars and fats daily? Is it all dependent on hours in the gym?
  • SergeantSausage
    Options
    You are clearly very driven, and wanted your ab definition more than anything else. I think it's great to want to be the very best you can be. I'd like to have abs, and beautifully defined muscles everywhere - a dancer's body. But I'm not sure I want that more than my wine on a Saturday night, more than my indulgent holidays, my daily chocolate. Not sure I can have both either.
    -Can you have such low body fat and defined muscles and still be eating the sugars and fats daily? Is it all dependent on hours in the gym?

Body fat% is exactly the same old thing we're used to dealing with: calories, calories out. I'd estimate mine went from over 30% to right around 11% at the moment, purely with CICO with a metric crap-ton of miles keeping the deficit. I've never had it professionally done, but the caliper estimates tell me I'm around 11 at the moment.

Priorities and goals on the other. Enjoy the wine if that's what's important to you. We only get one turn on this ride we call "life", right? Live *your* life the way *you* want and fook everyone else.
    Wine and Chocolate it is!
  • SergeantSausage
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You are clearly very driven, and wanted your ab definition more than anything else.

Nah. There's quite a few things I wanted more... and got and achieved, too.

I just work hard at Getting Things Done and multitasking well.

• Ooci
    Options
    <3

I think you're very profound.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Well done!! and your sauciness can not be beat :)
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Nice! (*)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!