Good morning fellow geek girls!

Options

Replies

• Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I feel left out T^T geek boys have feelings to :P
    Fitness/Cardio is addicting like anny MMO its your own personal real life RPG ^^ going up in stats and losing weight etc.

Yeah, but depending on the game system it'd be like 'oh, I rolled a 2, ah well, I guess I'll sit here and devour this snickers rather than go on a jog...'

ha ha
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    I feel left out T^T geek boys have feelings to :P
    Fitness/Cardio is addicting like anny MMO its your own personal real life RPG ^^ going up in stats and losing weight etc.

Yeah, but depending on the game system it'd be like 'oh, I rolled a 2, ah well, I guess I'll sit here and devour this snickers rather than go on a jog...'

ha ha

ROFL!

Another nerdy girl here, feel free to add me! Welcome to MFP!
  • teresaq1
    teresaq1 Posts: 53
    Options
    Fellow Nerds Unite. Put me on your list of support system friends.:flowerforyou:
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    One from the UK here, Loves reading ( anything), sci-fi, science etc.

You can add me too:tongue:
  • the1mattsmith
    the1mattsmith Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am also a nerd boy looking for a few good people for us to fight the good fight to get healthy, add me if you like, and good luck!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Being named Matt Smith you can't help but be a geek, Doctor :laugh:
  • Deeds1024
    Deeds1024 Posts: 10
    Options
    Here! Nerd gal married to a toy geek. Just look at my profile pick...doesn't it scream librarian? My secret dream is to rock a Wonder Woman costume at Comic Con. Feel free to add me...
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i like doctor who and battlestar galactica. i only read books about vampires, werewolves, witches, etc. im a geek and i need more geek friends :)
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I am also a nerd boy looking for a few good people for us to fight the good fight to get healthy, add me if you like, and good luck!

Matt Smith's mum used to work in the fire station opposite my house (he comes from the town I currently live in. Mind you, so did Des O'Connor!).

Just flexing my geek-muscles, y'know!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i'm fairly geeky, which does encourage a sedentry lifestyle unfortunatley!

anyone here into steampunk at all btw? my partner and I have organised our own Steampunk convention that's this weekend! going to be hard logging in whilst running round!
  • troythegeek
    troythegeek Posts: 47
    Options
    Geeky girl here too. Though I gave up video games to find a healthier lifestyle for myself, I do appreciate the geekier things in life.

I've been a gamer since I first walked into an arcade (remember those!) over thirty years ago. Not about to change that now. And, with Kinect, I can play video games and get excercise at the same time!!
  • troythegeek
    troythegeek Posts: 47
    Options
    In case my username and avatar are too subtle....I'm a geek too! I'm not a girl geek though so I hope I'm not crashing the party! I'm a lifelong comic book, science fiction and video game loving geek and proud of it! Feel free to add me as a friend and if you like talking geek away from MFP, look me up on twitter. My username is the same: troythegeek.
  • Dreesh
    Dreesh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Blessed are the geek, for they shall inherit the earth! Feel free to add me. It is too true us geeks,nerds, and dorks need support in this area of our life.
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Geek girl here as well. I read SF & Fantasy, lots of stuff by Patricia Briggs, play WoW, and run a D&D game. I like anime and read some manga, and was on the con committee for the 2008 Worldcon. Welcome! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • allimax2002
    allimax2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda a geek too! I love reading- especially vampire, werewolf, supernatural fantasy type stuff. I married a guy whose last name is Kirk-yes, as in captain. Guess that makes me Mrs. Captain Kirk. :-) I'd love to lose this weight in order to rock a super hott costume at Dragon Con. (Its the closest Con to us and around my birthday so it works for us!)
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    In case my username and avatar are too subtle....I'm a geek too! I'm not a girl geek though so I hope I'm not crashing the party! I'm a lifelong comic book, science fiction and video game loving geek and proud of it! Feel free to add me as a friend and if you like talking geek away from MFP, look me up on twitter. My username is the same: troythegeek.

OMFG Thanks for commenting (Troythegeek is one of my friends, and I never would have seen this thread otherwise)!

I am a geek, married to a geek, and somehow adopted four of my husband's geek boys as brothers-in-law when we got married. I'll admit that downing cheetos and mountain dew while trying to accomplish a six hour raid night on EverQuest2 probably helped get me where I am today (and not in a good way, lol). I still play (well, would if SOE wasn't down with the aftermath of a giant hack), and I'll still do my computery goodness, but now I'm making time for exercise and apples are as crunchy as cheetos, and make a great raid snack.

Good to see you all! I'm up for anyone that wants to be friends here! We all need to support each other. Mostly my IRL friends consist of the guys (who get uncomfortable when I mention anything about weight loss because it seems to remind them that I'm a girl, and that makes it weird), though I do have a couple of close fem friends that are my friends here too. I have a small support network off line for this, but it's amazing how much more motivated I am since I've grown my support network here. When I first signed up I wasn't going to accept any friends that I didn't know IRL, but I'm glad I changed my mind about that!
  • megabux
    megabux Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I played SWG for 3 years then WoW for 6 waiting for SW:TOR to come out...does that make me nerdy/geeky? I have managed to get a full work out in before logging on and since I have to have something to drink I have switched to water! You can do both! :D Good Luck Peeps! Add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • chilipeppers
    chilipeppers Posts: 119
    Options
    HI, I am also a total geek. I have been playing Final Fantasy video games since I was 7. I also love fantasy novels (been reading the Game of Thrones series) And I am a HUGE Sims geek!
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.... Total geek for computer games (espically WoW), books and Film/TV ever since I first watched Starwars lol
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    <---- mathematician guy here..... loves geeky girls.

:love: :laugh: :wink: :tongue: :drinker: