100+ lbs to lose!!!

Replies

• RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Are we talking about snow?! Live in Maine and we have seen over 50" in the last 7 days! Yup - that's right ... 50+ And there are a couple more storms brewing! I love it! The snow shoeing is fabulous, not to mention alpine and nordik. Feeling it for those that need to remove the snow though (my DH included). At this point they can't keep up and have run out of places to put it. But it's so pretty outside I'm going to enjoy this old fashioned winter!
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Texas here as well, no snow here!
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    I don't have a 100 lbs to lose but close to it. I want to lose the most 82 lbs...let's support each other
  • spoonwalker
    spoonwalker Posts: 40 Member
    We just took another 3.5 today and still snowing here. I cannot imagine 50"+.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    I'm from Northeast Pa. We gots some snow but nothing like Maine!!!
  • melx123
    melx123 Posts: 39 Member
    Pass some of that snow over here :smiley:
  • I really need someone to stay on me. I give up easy. Don't wanna be that person anymore. Help!!! From WV. I work at a group home. Married. No kids. I have always struggled with weight. I moved away from my family and everything I ever knew. So this has been the hardest year and a half weight wise.
  • How do I add people?

• wizzybeth
    I do love snow in the winter - but I also understand when enough is enough, ha ha...but a snowy winter is so much prettier than a bleak winter without snow. Snow reflects more natural light, and it softens a harsh, dead landscape.
  • wizzybeth
    @annpetry3‌ You click on the person's profile and click "Add Friend." It's a good idea to send a note with your friend request - most people won't accept random requests without some explanation. :)

Re: giving up/people staying on you - ultimately - you need to find within yourself the reserve to make this change. This is why I am doing this again...I've been working on losing weight for almost 12 years. Originally I had only 60 lbs to lose. I lost 40 or so. Then gave up - not out of depression, just...didn't want to do it anymore. Now I have over 100 lbs to lose (well not now, I've lost some, ha ha)

I have even tried MFP before. I thought that by being public with my goals it would help me be more accountable. I put my goals on FB and got a lot of atta girls . But ultimately - nobody is really going to be able to "stay on you." Even "IRL" (In Real Life) friends. I have had "weigh in buddies" before and the reality is they are not going to care about your goals more than YOU do.

In real estate my broker tells me not to care about the deal more than the client does. It's unproductive. Same here. We will cheer you on and encourage you but we can't "stay on" you or "motivate" you. That has to come from within yourself. :)
  • ashmorales311
    ashmorales311 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 29, gonna be 30 in about a month. I have 112 pounds to lose and have lost 37 thus far. I'd love to support and have support from all of you. Add away :smiley:
  • RENAEJAE
    @annpetry3‌ - Wizzybeth is right about it coming from within yourself. That's one of the toughest things to decide to do (and it is a choice you make). I have to 'self talk' about it everyday and realize that I am worth doing this for. I used to use food to be in control, now I use my 'control' for good :) Setting small goals is important. Even setting 3 goals each morning can get you started. Then move onto goals for this week, this month.
    - So today: DRINK 8-10 CUPS OF WATER, EXERCISE FOR 30 MINUTES AND LOG EVERY BITE.

Check back in tomorrow and let us know how you did. That's what's great about these boards. We're here to help each other along. I know you can do it!

This week has been successful so far. Keeping within my daily goals and so far I've been on that darned threadmill Mon/Tues/Wed. My goal is Mon-Fri this week. Tonight will be a challenge since we're taking MIL out for her birthday dinner. I am committed to ordering something lite. I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow. Eating in restaurants can be tough but it's all about choices. o:)
  • RENAEJAE
    PS - does anyone know if the tickers work on here anymore? I've had no luck getting mine to show up??
  • wizzybeth
    They show up for some people.
  • wizzybeth
    I set mine to show...and it won't show.
  • msbrittanyhelene
    msbrittanyhelene Posts: 20 Member
    Count me in! Back in 2011 I weighed 253, which was my highest weight ever. I got down to 218 in about a year (I kept messing up and skipping the gym) and now I'm at 270. I'm 5'8", 26 years old. I'm going on a cruise in June and would like to lose AT LEAST 50 pounds by then, but to be healthy I need to lose about 110. Feel free to add me!

P.S. I ate THREE bowls of cereal this morning so I'm obviously not off to a good start. I seriously just want to not eat for the rest of the day so I can at least stay under my calories but I know that's insane and impossible.
  • wizzybeth
    Try eating more filling foods at meal time.
  • MathematicalOwl
    MathematicalOwl Posts: 10 Member
    Around 155lbs is my goal. I have to lose at least 100 and from there I'll figure out what's a good place for my body. Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for people with similar goals
  • ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    I have lost 125lbs so far (it's taken 3 years); I have another 80 to go ideally before I surgery. I fell off the wagon for awhile, but decided I needed to get back on and keep going for my health. Feel free to add me.
  • smr09012
    smr09012 Posts: 42 Member
    I'm a 26 year old teacher looking to lose 100+ lbs. Feel free to friend me if you need support buddies. :)