Craving Sweets......Help

Options
1235»

Replies

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been craving sweets a lot. Im trying to stay away from them, but fighting the urge is very hard! What are some alternatives to eatings sweets?? Need some help on what else to turn to....

Every urge you have will pass if you distract yourself and do something else.

You knit? Play piano? Have a partner willing to give you a massage or something? Got glass in the recycling you can throw at cement and break?
  • MamHink
    Options
    I bought a big bag of dum-dum suckers. They are sweet but only a few calories and grams of sugar. It helps.
  • katzenfluff
    katzenfluff Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    30 M& Ms is 102 calories. Eat them one at a time and savor the chocolate. The dark chocolate are the best.
  • txteachermom
    txteachermom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    These are my go-tos:

skinny cow ice cream (I like the sandwiches, but they have fudgesicles and cones as well)
    9 hershey kisses
    dole dippers (I like the banana ones, but they have strawberry too)
    frozen grapes (totally taste like candy!)
    teddy grahams
    sugar free jello
    weight watchers chocolate creme cakes
    fruit and cool whip
    2 fresh baked pillsbury chocolate chip cookies (140 cals I believe)
    cinnamon baked apples (I LOVE this one!)
  • Clairesse84
    Clairesse84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been craving sweets a lot. Im trying to stay away from them, but fighting the urge is very hard! What are some alternatives to eatings sweets?? Need some help on what else to turn to....
    I'm not sure if anyone else said this but an old weight watcher trick is lite cool whip between to graham crackers and frozen. So yummy!
  • JThompson111
    Options
    Skinny cow chocolates. I allow myself one, track it and move on.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm doing weight lifting so I have been trying to work in protein. I came across this website:

http://proteinpow.com/

A lot of the recipes on this site are high in protein and low in sugar but meet that need for something sweet. I especially like her "cheesecake" recipes and they are healthy enough that I regularly eat them for breakfast.
  • thatonegurll
    Options
    i make my own granola... it's nice because i can change it up from time to time to make it work for me. :)

1.00 cup packed Brown Sugar
    0.50 Cup raw sugar
    5.00 cup(40g), Quick Oats
    4.00 TBSP (10g), Raw Flax Seeds
    1.50 tbsp, Ground Cinnamon
    1.00 tbsp, Ground Nutmeg
    0.50 cup (8 fl oz), Water
    0.50 cup (15.2grams), Sweetened Shredded Coconut
    1.00 tbsp, Vanilla extract - Imitation
    1.00 cup, packed, Raisins - Seedless
    2.00 tbsp, Raw Honey•
    3.00 tablespoon, Chopped Roasted Peanuts
    2.00 tsp, Sea Salt

I mix everything except the honey, raisins and salt together in a large bowl.
    Dry first then add the wet ingredients in.
    Then toss it on a cookie sheet at 375 for an hour...
    every 15 minutes or so, take it out and give it a quick stir.
    the last time you take it out to stir, 45 minutes in, sprinkle salt over the top and drizzle the honey all over...
    if it's not crispy enough after an hour, leave it for another 15 minutes.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I eat the crap out of some skinny cow chocolate stuff.
  • linkieb
    linkieb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    lwoods0315 wrote: »
    Fiber one protein bars, snack bars or brownies
    MrsSchaub wrote: »
    Any kind of fruit, I love no added sugar dried fruit (mangos, papaya, apples), chew gum, and if it gets really bad try hard candies like jolly ranchers, minimal on calories and sugar amount but since they take so long to consume you can usually kick the sweets craving.

• TwistedLeopard
    TwistedLeopard Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars; Cherry Cheesecake and Salted Caramel are SOO yummy!
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I get an Angel Food cake from the grocery store deli and have a small slice as a snack at night. That takes care of my sweet craving.
  • ctrolley
    Options
    Oddly enough, what satisfies me is a small bowl of cereal with a little milk, not sure why it works, but it does for me. If I cave and have something like candy, I totally binge
  • dogbydog123
    dogbydog123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    A bit of dark chocolate, a tablespoon of peanut butter or a prptein shake.

OR I make Aztec hot chocolate: 1 T cocoa powder, 2 pkgs stevia, a few dashes of cayene pepper and boiling water to fill the mug. 5 calories. It's my survival food when I feel the urge to illegally snack.
  • sandrasnell1966
    sandrasnell1966 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    "Oh Yea!" protein bar, the Chocolate and Caramel one tastes exactly like a Baby Ruth! There is another one that is similar to a payday. The best part, is it doesn't taste like a protein bar...it actually tastes like a candy bar! sweet cravings fulfilled!
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    ctrolley wrote: »
    Oddly enough, what satisfies me is a small bowl of cereal with a little milk, not sure why it works, but it does for me. If I cave and have something like candy, I totally binge

Omg, I know! Cereal is like ambrosia lately - when I have it for breakfast its just kinda Meh but when I have the exact same cereal for dessert its like the most amazing thing ever! (I'm eating a bowl right now lol)
  • sandralang12327
    sandralang12327 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    chocolate oatmeal..... mix in 2 tsp hershey cocoa and either 1 tsp sugar or sweetner. Yummy.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit. I am often sated by a smoothie made with a banana, 1 cup unsweetened soy milk, and some cinnamon.

Also, I need to avoid artificial sweeteners because they made me crave more sweets. This is true of some of us but not others. I'm much more in control of my sweets cravings since I quit all artificial or calorie-free natural sweeteners.